Most concealable handgun?

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
ruger LCR is available in 22 mag. Ive only shot the 38 of this gun though

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Sig P238 and can carry it in my pocket with no problems at all. A person needs to do some practice though as you either have to carry it hammer back with the safety on or get in the habit of cocking the hammer as you draw it which is a bit tricky but is doable with practice.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about a Derringer that fits into a belt buckle and then wear a cummberbund or a chef's apron every day?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A cummerbund can be quite jaunty with the proper Astrological symbols; bedazzled of course.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
That 460 is what I have, same scope and all. Actually going to be carrying it this weekend trying to bag some wylie wild canines with it.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
That 460 is what I have, same scope and all. Actually going to be carrying it this weekend trying to bag some wylie wild canines with it.
not much on saving the pelts are you?? That being said id love to see what a 460 can do to a furball. that is a Badass wheelgun

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most times when I shoot them they are not worth picking up anyhow, usually have the entire side blown out for some reason, no matter what I shoot them with.

Although I did witness an awesome coyote kill many years ago while deer hunting. Shot one at coyote he just sat down, was watching him in my scope and could not figure out what he was doing he was licking his groin, then he leaned back in a long drawn out howl, the guy who shot him then takes a second shot and finishes him off. We all walk over to it and find his entire penis and been bag in one nice piece laying on the ground right beside him second shot took the top of his skull off perfectly between his ears, ears still in place.

I think I would have howled a bit too after seeing what went down lol.

Attachments

100_0009.jpg 100_0010.jpg

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a kimber solo 9mm. Holds 7 with one in the chamber. I wrestled with how to conceal it for a year. I wear dress pants, shirt and tie to work. Tried an ankle holster for about a month. It sucked. Always pulling out hairs and cutting off circulation. Under the shirt wasn't an option cause part of the holster is visible and it's hard to get at with a tucked in shirt and no suitcoat. Back was also no desirable without a suitcoat. I also wanted to come up with a solution that would allow me to carry the same way when not at work wearing regular attire. I settled on a little fabric type pocket holster. It originally had like a belt or pocket clip thing on it. I cut it off. It pretty much just looks like I've got big wallet and some other shit in my pocket. Can carry in any outfit with pants pocket. It slides in and out nicely and the holster makes it look less like a gun. I am pretty happy with the set up all factors considered. Will take a pic later and post it.

Get a new career. Problem solved.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you seen the pelvis gun on the movie "From Dusk Till Dawn"? Seems like a very "neat" way to conceal a smokepole.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife has a lc9 I can't shoot it worth a darn it's way to small for me she shoots it great. Might be a good choice for an old guy. I carry a XDM subcompact in a iwb holster. Gun is a little large but fits me well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are Kentucky and espringers feuding for other reasons? espringer's post seemed useful. :;:huh

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a LC9 after some practice I got used to the size. Prefer to shoot my 1911 but if I carried that my pants would fall down every time I took a breath. LOL

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are Kentucky and espringers feuding for other reasons? espringer's post seemed useful. :;:huh

i think he was just fucking with me. that's how i took it anyway. in fact, i just gave him a thumbs up for it and laughed out loud. twas not me who have him the bad rep. i don't even know how to pull off such shenanigans.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obviously the most concealable is the smallest one. but I have no problem concealing a 4.5" barreled 1911 (commander-sized). Thin is more important for concealment than length. The most popular handgun cartridges are relatively small, so barrel length is important to provide enough velocity.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 152
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 43