NDA Ammo and Reloading Component TRADE thread

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
WANTED: 127grn 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum rounds. Let me know if you want to part with some please:)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Attachments

2FBCAEFB-4470-45B5-96F1-22E77A4AF376.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the fek is that?

What do you think of their pricing? Ha ha.

Wait - 50 rnds... maybe not that extreme for such a high falootin round.

[h=2]Description[/h]NEW!! 6.5-300 Weatherby Mag with high-end Petersen brass, Hodgdon Extreme powder, Fed 215 primer, and 127 grain Barnes LRX. Hodgdon powder is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to .02 grains consistency (1 kernel accuracy) with new Petersen brass. This is match grade hunting ammunition! 50 rounds per order.

3400 fps in 26″ barrel

- - - Updated - - -

ooh... got brass? They discount loading your used brass.

Do you have fired 6.5mm-300 Weatherby brass!!?? Send it to me to reload your fired cases for deep discounts! Once you have the brass on hand, reloading the fired brass is much less expensive the second firing!

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Description

NEW!! 6.5-300 Weatherby Mag with high-end Petersen brass, Hodgdon Extreme powder, Fed 215 primer, and 127 grain Barnes LRX. Hodgdon powder is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to .02 grains consistency (1 kernel accuracy) with new Petersen brass. This is match grade hunting ammunition! 50 rounds per order.

3400 fps in 26″ barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have fired 6.5mm-300 Weatherby brass!!?? Send it to me to reload your fired cases for deep discounts! Once you have the brass on hand, reloading the fired brass is much less expensive the second firing!

With shipping you should keep it to just under $5/shot. If you pretend to be European that $$ will be easier to stomach.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Description

NEW!! 6.5-300 Weatherby Mag with high-end Petersen brass, Hodgdon Extreme powder, Fed 215 primer, and 127 grain Barnes LRX. Hodgdon powder is loaded single stage weighing the powder charge to .02 grains consistency (1 kernel accuracy) with new Petersen brass. This is match grade hunting ammunition! 50 rounds per order.

3400 fps in 26″ barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a guy will think a little between shots. Ha!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a guy will think a little between shots. Ha!

When you think about it, a guy doesn't sling much lead/copper hunting big game out west. Mostly one and done. Maybe 90% of the time if you're not driving deer (good old days).

Maybe in Minnetucky they sling a lot of lead. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Practicing at range would get pricey quick though.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you think about it, a guy doesn't sling much lead/copper hunting big game out west. Mostly one and done. Maybe 90% of the time if you're not driving deer (good old days).

Maybe in Minnetucky they sling a lot of lead. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Practicing at range would get pricey quick though.

That was my thought buying the rifle. I think I've used one box of 25-06 rounds in about 3 seasons and that's because I like to shoot the occasional porcupine or pick out a dirt clod to make sure I still got it. Normally the 6.5-300 Mags go for about 70-85 bucks a box. A little spendy, but if it is just a hunting gun it's palatable. Slinging the same bullet as the 6.5 Man Bun with a whole lot more zip is the appeal.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A pass through is a pass through. Extra energy spent on the hillside means jack. I shoot 127s in my man bun. 156 Berger in my 264

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Flat" is irrelevant assuming you have an LRF and are able to cypher the U/D on your elevation adjustment.

What if you don't have time for doo dads, the wind is blowing and the 30" chocolate horned box rack muley is on the trot?.......and you are shouldered waiting for that one partial second pause. I ain't got no time for that LRF jibba jabba.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if you don't have time for doo dads, the wind is blowing and the 30" chocolate horned box rack muley is on the trot?.......and you are shouldered waiting for that one partial second pause. I ain't got no time for that LRF jibba jabba.

If the wind is blowing that hard and it's far enough away that "flat" matters, you ought not be shooting, especially given that you're not practicing either.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the wind is blowing that hard and it's far enough away that "flat" matters, you ought not be shooting, especially given that you're not practicing either.

I knew that was coming. So far everything I've tried to kill has died. Must be lucky. Might have to sell this POS Weatherby Mag and keep shooting the 25-06.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
.....So far everything I've tried to kill has died.....

I wish I could say that.

I also wish Barnes would come out with a 150ish - 160ish LRX in 6.5. Not that I'm already a Barnes-aholic the way it is. There is probably a reason why they haven't, something like you'd need a 1:1 to stabilize or something crazy like that.

In calibers with "plenty" of case capacity I TRY and utilize a larger bullet. Yes, even with copper, for the most part. I'm far from a Berger pimp but I've been having good luck with the 156 EOL. Haven't pushed them real hard yet or stretched it out but initial testing has shown potential. If you run the numbers on "What could be" with that bullet it may sway you to try it. If you're into that sort of thing.

127s @ 3400 would definitely be hell on deer sized game. One could argue elk sized as well...but not on this thread.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could say that.

I should clarify. It is in regards to deer. I have shot a total of 3 deer since 2005. My wife usually gets the meat whitetail. I've just been looking for big ND mule deer. I drew another MD tag this year. I will miss now that I said that.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew that was coming. So far everything I've tried to kill has died. Must be lucky.

How many "everythings" is that?

I can't wrap my head around waiting 5-7yrs between tags and then using equipment I didn't take the time to learn to take full advantage of???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88