New rifle build

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
message deleted by Vollmer

cannot allow messages that contain talk of shooting at people ... even if it's meant in a joking manner, as it clearly was here

the patch, have you earned it yet?
cdbb0f31cd2ae12209109037d53ecadb.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I give up. I LOL'D

- - - Updated - - -

((((( I (Vollmer) by accident, deleted this post. It was showing up as a double post for me for some reason. Ugh! Learning curve for me too I guess ... ))))) Vollmer, everything you've read here has been all in good fun. None of it serious lashing toward anyone. This is the type of banter that used to make that other website fun. If we step across a line, please let us know.

You guys are doing just fine. Just 1 little mis-step. No one is in trouble. It was obvious to me that it was meant as a comical statement. Not a big deal.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
message deleted by Vollmer

cannot allow messages that contain talk of shooting at people ... even if it's meant in a joking manner, as it clearly was here
First member reprimanded on the new site, eh? I don't care to be the guy causing trouble but I think this earns me my official NDA Mall Ninja patch! Fellas, I think we may have just established the first NDA inside joke. This deserves a beer... cozy.

Vollmer, if you need some start up $, have some beer cozies made up and I'll buy a couple for $10/ea.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok boys, rifle came in at 8.1 lbs with everything but the scope. Not too bad! Pics of the finished product soon.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rings/bases included in the 8.1#? I see you added a bi-pod rail, you gonna run a bi-pod full time?

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rings/bases included in the 8.1#? I see you added a bi-pod rail, you gonna run a bi-pod full time?

yes rail was on but not rings. I did do a bipod rail and have an American Defense adaptor. I am thinking about setting a few guns up this way as I can switch bipod around quick and it's nice for quick on and off. I found with a bipod the rifles don't want to slip into The scabbard on the Eberlystock packs very well so I could always throw it on quick if I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I I havnt seen the rifle since he put it together other than these pics he sent me but I saw it throughout the build and I can't wait to start working a load for it!

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice looking rifle for sure! FWIW, I started using a Bog Pod last year, used to use shooting sticks. With them I now have a tripod for my spotter and my camera. No need to carry separate tripod; I really like it. I use Harris bipods on my coyote and prairie dog rifles.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes rail was on but not rings. I did do a bipod rail and have an American Defense adaptor. I am thinking about setting a few guns up this way as I can switch bipod around quick and it's nice for quick on and off. I found with a bipod the rifles don't want to slip into The scabbard on the Eberlystock packs very well so I could always throw it on quick if I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

5-18-15 002.JPGuntitled.jpg101_2859.jpg101_2856.jpgIMG_1397.jpg

I I havnt seen the rifle since he put it together other than these pics he sent me but I saw it throughout the build and I can't wait to start working a load for it!

Since you have the rail could get the Atlas. Thats what i am doing this year leave it off till i need it and for ease of slipping gun in and out of pack. Dont think it will suck to carry at all mine is in the 12# range and i tote that around in the pack just fine.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
That rifle is sexy. I hope it's a tack driver. I've gotten to the point of hating my bipods and wish I would have just bought a good pair of shooting sticks.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tried bipods and sticks but like the pods better. I own all 3 sizes of the Harris so ease of switching size and rifle to rifle is what I'm looking to tackle.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot the 168's out of my custom 7mm, let just say you'll like that caliber and round for a custom build

ive been shooting this caliber for a few years now since I got rid of the 300. Plan is to shoot the Bergers and what we chambered it for. If that don't work then the Barnes LRX.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What about the long range accubond? 150's have the Same advertised BC as the berger 168's. And no I haven't tried them. I have too many 168 bergers........

No first hand experience but the guys on long range hunting are saying the AB's are way high than what real world testing has shown. Also throw in the 162 amax i will be working up a load shortly for my father in laws 7mm that Andrew built

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
No first hand experience but the guys on long range hunting are saying the AB's are way high than what real world testing has shown. Also throw in the 162 amax i will be working up a load shortly for my father in laws 7mm that Andrew built

I have a load for the 7mag with 162's. I liked my 168 load a little better. Plus I ran with the 168's for elk. I have a slow but stupid accurate load for the 7-08 with 162's.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh.......and the recoil is non-existent with that 7-08. I haven't shot the 7mag since I developed a romantic bloody relationship with that 7-08.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 174
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83