New to ND...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm (happily) married, but I can't believe she asked for a fishing buddy this weekend, and nobody is running to their vehicle right now.

Maybe my skeptical streak is out of practice?

FWIW, I too have heard very good things about Fish Creek, east of Dickinson and a few miles south of I-94. Rainbows in both summer and winter.

Anyhow, welcome to NDA. During the day is a pretty safe time to visit the site. Some people become "different" at night, after a few blue num-nums.

Also, from say, February until spring, people here are out of their minds.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
svnmag hasn't seen this yet............................. or maybe he has, and is on his way to Dickinson already. :;:huh

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome WYFly...have you fished in the Blackhills? The wife and I have visited multiple times...only had spinning gear along, but boy the streams/creeks are full of brook/brown/rainbow trout. Lots of smaller lakes too that seemed like prime fly fishing spots...neat place to fish. Really target casting in those streams...was thinking about taking a couple ice fishing rods next time I head down that way...would be easier to cast!

Batman4277

Welcome to Nodak. enjoy your stay. shenanigans are the normal around here and are kind of expected. I am surprised that nobody has asked you how you feel about boobies and beer yet. I am also from Dickinson and would like to learn to fly fish. I already have a couple of rods and reels, and a few flys, but don't know anything about fishing line needed for them. busy schedule this weekend and next though.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill guess at least 5 creepers show up at Camels Hump

Don't sell our fellow members short, it'll look like the damn Governor's Cup out that way if she posts a few pics of herself holding a fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. A friend said this would be a good spot to meet some cool anglers and outdoorsmen.

After you meet some of the locals, you may wish to beat the hell out of your former "friend". Kinda like this: :;:deadhorse

Then again, if you are up for the challenge, there are plenty around to do a little mental :;:duelwith as well.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome to the boards! Some of these guys are actully trying to steer you in the right direction! Others are what I would have called "Salty Dogs" when I was working offshore. You just need to decide which ones to block. Have fun!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
fry.jpg

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looked at her Facebook page. This will get interesting.

WYFlyGirl

What was so interesting?

- - - Updated - - -

This is borderline ridiculous... I guess I'll meet people while I'm out fishing.. I can figure out the bite here.. See you all on the flip side

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hang in there. Wait til you read some svnmag posts, or witness bi-weekly gst-prairie ghost internet fights, and especially wait for someone to post a picture of a deer without a tag. OOOOO...that'll be a good one. Thick skin, wyflygirl, thick skin.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally get a chic on here and you clowns run her off..:;:huh

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was so interesting?

- - - Updated - - -

This is borderline ridiculous... I guess I'll meet people while I'm out fishing.. I can figure out the bite here.. See you all on the flip side
Well, your good looking, single, and like the outdoors. Kind of rare in these parts. Take pretty much everything you read here with a grain of salt. Most of the comments will be guys just razzin you. In a good way. You have to be on here for a couple months to figure everyone out.

- - - Updated - - -

There are like 25 Mia Bennetts that came up for me...how'd you know which one was WYFly's?
I figured the one from Dickinson that had fly fishing pics was a good bet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56