NFL News (Vikings)

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The good news is that I won't have to watch them again next week and get pissed again. The highly touted defense laid an egg. The offense was impressive with about 150 yds. of total offense. Cousins gets paid a lot of money to throw the ball for TD's. Looked more today like he was getting paid to scramble to protect himself from a pitiful offensive line. Cousins may have come in with impressive stats in passing yardage and TD's, glaringly missing was a winning record against teams with winning records.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn it joe when are you going to take over for speilman
KC has 4-25 against winning teams that is a major bust but no one can stand back in that pocket when the o line let's d backs push then right to the QB. Damn it joe.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikings fans...think they burned up a whole box of kleneex's today after the game, you got kicked to the curb...again...lol

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
One major positive going into the offeason is: wait for it...... Zimmer made sure the punter brought his A game into this clinching game.. (We don't have to draft a kicker in the 7th round ((or do we??)) and are set at place kicker!

In all honesty, Zimmer needs to take a demotion to defensive coordinator and zygi needs to bring someone in with imagination on the offense.. Wayyyy too many tools to be this pathetic on offense. (Cousins doesn't have the "it" factor to stay in the pocket and falls like a sack of potaoes when a defensive linemen breathes on him within 10 feet.) On 3rd and less than 8, stop throwing ball to the reciever 4 yards short of the first down..) vikes need more play action and shovel passes to their RB to get something different going.. Its always the same ole same ole shit, run up the middle for nothing until it's 3rd and 7 and then make a fool out of yourselves.

As if vikings fans didn't see this coming all damn week, but changes are needed up and down starting with new offensive play calling, 2-3 offensive linemen, and a defense that doesn't let recievers catch the ball at 7 yards hoping not to let them get to the markers for a 1st down time after time. Been saying it all year, Zimmer isn't the answer at HC and doesn't have the motivation to get his team amped up or stepped up to the big occasion.
Theyre a joke in primetime games and 3 out the 4 games when they NEEDED to win they failed.. Thank Blair Walsh for one of those, but without the Minnie miracle game against the saints Zim is sitting at a goose egg.

Sincerley,
Your annual demoralized/frustrated Vikings' fan

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, gotta admit that I saw this one coming. The Vikes just don't have the offensive line needed to run the ball against a good defense.

For that matter, they don't have the offensive line they need to pass against a decent defense either. Seriously, when you look at their offensive line, if all five starters were cut tomorrow, I think they all five find a job. But I doubt three are starters on their new team.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
it all starts with the O line. if you don't have that you don't have a damn thing

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One major positive going into the offeason is: wait for it...... Zimmer made sure the punter brought his A game into this clinching game.. (We don't have to draft a kicker in the 7th round ((or do we??)) and are set at place kicker!

In all honesty, Zimmer needs to take a demotion to defensive coordinator and zygi needs to bring someone in with imagination on the offense.. Wayyyy too many tools to be this pathetic on offense. (Cousins doesn't have the "it" factor to stay in the pocket and falls like a sack of potaoes when a defensive linemen breathes on him within 10 feet.) On 3rd and less than 8, stop throwing ball to the reciever 4 yards short of the first down..) vikes need more play action and shovel passes to their RB to get something different going.. Its always the same ole same ole shit, run up the middle for nothing until it's 3rd and 7 and then make a fool out of yourselves.

As if vikings fans didn't see this coming all damn week, but changes are needed up and down starting with new offensive play calling, 2-3 offensive linemen, and a defense that doesn't let recievers catch the ball at 7 yards hoping not to let them get to the markers for a 1st down time after time. Been saying it all year, Zimmer isn't the answer at HC and doesn't have the motivation to get his team amped up or stepped up to the big occasion.
Theyre a joke in primetime games and 3 out the 4 games when they NEEDED to win they failed.. Thank Blair Walsh for one of those, but without the Minnie miracle game against the saints Zim is sitting at a goose egg.

Sincerley,
Your annual demoralized/frustrated Vikings' fan

Just remember this and you will be golden: "Still and always will be, the Queens".

I watched my one obligatory game on Sunday. Saw the Packers get shredded by the Lions.
What a waste of time. Asked my wife to remind me next year why I don't watch the NFL when
our friends ask us to come over to see a game. Tiddlywinks would have been better.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya a guy could sure save himself from hitting a ton of unnecessary blood pressure levels between not watching and putting up with these refs bring back every damn exciting big plays in all the games. That and listening to fox's God awful lineup of announcers 9 games out of the season, the whole game needs a good overhaul IMHO.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just happy I went fishing yesterday afternoon instead of being disappointed watching the Vikings.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember the Lions field goal kicker had more touchdown passes than Roger's in the first half and ended the game with more than the whole Packers team

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
EyeXer agree except the last Vikings games I watched had Fran Tarkington as quarter back.
I watched a lot of them too. First live game I ever went to in MN was Vikes vs Saints with Fran and Archie Manning duking it out

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh Fran the man. Remember watching him too. Seemed like everytime Fran had a turnover he acted like he was injured on the play so he had an excuse for it happening. One QB that was way over rated. My uncle lived in St. Paul and i would go down there and go to Vikes game when Green Bay played. My uncle used to cuss ol Fran out it was funny then and funnier now thinking back on it!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea he's over rated lol. I'm sure that's why he's in the hall of fame lol

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should the Vikings trade cousins to the Bengals or the Jaguars? I see Keenum has been cut by the Broncos I liked Keenum better then cousins. We could really use some linemen and even though Anthony Barr is thinking of his options. I hope he comes back to the vikes.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should the Vikings trade cousins to the Bengals or the Jaguars? I see Keenum has been cut by the Broncos I liked Keenum better then cousins. We could really use some linemen and even though Anthony Barr is thinking of his options. I hope he comes back to the vikes.
Not a bad idea, but how much would we have to eat on that to the Bengals/Jags trade? I like Keenum too, but fear that it would be asking for lightning to strike twice for him to have a successful season again with the Vikes, especially with our personnel change at OC. JMHO

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Isn't it kind of hard to cut, yet even trade, Cousins when the contract Minnesota gave him was 100% guaranteed money in the bank at $86 million. I think they are pretty much stuck with Kirk ol'boy who is still laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93