NFL News (Vikings)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
and if you play a bunch of .500 teams, twice a year and are "half" way decent shouldn't you do better than average?

Check the numbers lol

The bears suck year after year,
Until recently the Lions were even worse.
The Pack has never been Back.
KC is the best viable option for giving the vikes a chance to win games and because statistically he is a consistent qb compared to other qbs in the league and for a vikes fan that's better then qbs we have had in the past.

Keenum was not a regular consistent starting qb option, look at his carreer stats before coming to Minnesota. The vikes had an exceptional team with a top league defense but you forget that Aaron was out for the season with a Anthony Barr season ending broken collar bone, We lost Teddy in 2016 forcing the team to give the eagles top draft picks for sam Bradford only to lose him in 17 for Casey keenum, also you forgot the most important reason Minnesota did as well as we did in 17 and that we had the #1 defense that year. The vikes took a gamble in 18 and perhaps in hindsight we paid a lot for a qb we thought would give our team that was coached by a defensive minded staff a chance to make another run for a nfc title, we were dealt some shitty cards when it came to season ending qbs because of a coaching staff who spent all their pennies on a top zimmer league defense. Look it up KC was the best prospect for us in 18 to get back to a nfc championship but we lost AP, Kalil, and Patterson to free agency.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone please share with me exactly how Kirk single handedly lost all the games they have during his tenure? Or maybe a dozen of them? Or a couple? I'm trying to remember exactly when Kirk punched the ball out of JJ's hands when he fumbled through the end zone this year, or all those games last year when he just sat back and played prevent defense the whole game (every game), or when he asked his offensive line to only give him 1.5 seconds to throw the ball each game until this year.....

There are so many plays during a game that cause losses. Do you need a good QB? Yes. Is it always the fault of the QB when they lose? Rarely. Kirk being the reason the Vikings haven't won more is a cop out, uninformed answer. Sure, I wish he had better pocket presence and was even slightly more mobile. And yes, I've been frustrated with fumbles at times. But "it's all Kirk's fault"? C'mon. He's been one of the best in the league the past few years. Football is more nuanced and complicated than most or any of us even come close to realizing. It's 53 guys and multiple coaches.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dude doesn't stand a chance with no protection, same results as when in Washington. Good numbers but could be exceptional numbers if he had protection. Put him behind mahomes line and see what ya get once. Quality receivers don't want to stay where they know there is no chance either.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone please share with me

With why the eff are you ND Hunters/Fishermen wasting time afield when you can be out enjoying an Oct/ Nov day to sit n watch this shit?
And why the love for the MN queens yet hatred for mn folks that come to hunt/fish nodak?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
With why the eff are you ND Hunters/Fishermen wasting time afield when you can be out enjoying an Oct/ Nov day to sit n watch this shit?
And why the love for the MN queens yet hatred for mn folks that come to hunt/fish nodak?
Interesting that those are the conclusions you've gleaned from the discussion.

I watch games recorded on YouTube TV after shooting hours. Never missed a hunt to watch football.

I don't mind folks coming from MN to hunt/fish as I travel to their state to do the same. I DO mind folks from any state (including ours) who abuse the resources we have.

Try again. Your comments ring dead like your post about disliking youth deer season because "it's all about getting a buck and sitting in a blind" but having a buck as your profile pic.

Last edited:

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The dude doesn't stand a chance with no protection, same results as when in Washington. Good numbers but could be exceptional numbers if he had protection. Put him behind mahomes line and see what ya get once. Quality receivers don't want to stay where they know there is no chance either.
1. Off the topic of the Vikings but to the point of putting players with other teams o-lines…how many rushing yards do you guys think Barry Sanders would have had if he played behind Emmitt Smiths o-line?

2. I’ll admit I did kinda chuckle at bnbs acute observation of the hatred for sotans, but love for the Vikings…😃 but I also know some of that is tongue in cheek and that yes, it’s the out of staters no matter which state that can’t seem to respect the resources, laws, etc. that cause the issues.

3. Not that any of you give a crap about my opinion, and I don’t have a dog in the hunt…but Kirk Cousins is perfectly capable of taking a team to the sb. If 57 year old Payton Manning can win a sb then Cousins can. Manning couldn’t hardly throw a ball past 25 yards. But they had a run game and a hell of a defense. Give Cousins that and then judge him.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Off the topic of the Vikings but to the point of putting players with other teams o-lines…how many rushing yards do you guys think Barry Sanders would have had if he played behind Emmitt Smiths o-line?

2. I’ll admit I did kinda chuckle at bnbs acute observation of the hatred for sotans, but love for the Vikings…😃 but I also know some of that is tongue in cheek and that yes, it’s the out of staters no matter which state that can’t seem to respect the resources, laws, etc. that cause the issues.

3. Not that any of you give a crap about my opinion, and I don’t have a dog in the hunt…but Kirk Cousins is perfectly capable of taking a team to the sb. If 57 year old Payton Manning can win a sb then Cousins can. Manning couldn’t hardly throw a ball past 25 yards. But they had a run game and a hell of a defense. Give Cousins that and then judge him.
You are right there is many rb, who if they were willing to take less with a better team could have won a ring. Barry sanders is one of those rb, as a nfl position a rb back has one of the shortest nfl careers of all positions. Barry imo was a much better rb then Emmitt Smith when both players were in their prime, one goes to Detroit and the other goes to the cowboys. Gotta get that paper man!!

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't disagree but....

1) We didn't get any pressure on the last Broncos drive and Blackmon should've defended the TD pass
2) They got ALL the pressure on the last Vikings drive and we didn't do anything about it

Other opportunities to punch it in earlier in the game + 3-0 turnover ratio led to a loss to two of the worst humans in the NFL (Sean Payton and Russell Wilson)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm wondering why dobbs didn't take that weak side scramble, instead handing it off, on the second to last drive?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't disagree but....

1) We didn't get any pressure on the last Broncos drive and Blackmon should've defended the TD pass
2) They got ALL the pressure on the last Vikings drive and we didn't do anything about it

Other opportunities to punch it in earlier in the game + 3-0 turnover ratio led to a loss to two of the worst humans in the NFL (Sean Payton and Russell Wilson)
Not wrong but he is being judged the same way cousins would have . Every mistake is his fault regardless if he could control it or not.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turnovers were the key to that loss. The D did a good job holding them out of the endzone until the last drive. Dobbs is doing what he can and was enough to hold the lead for most of the game. The fumble down in or close to the Red Zone was a killer! It would have been nice had they been able to drive to get in FG range at the end, but it shouldn't have had to come to that. I didn't like the play calling on that final drive either. Yes, it would be nice to have a QB like Rodgers in his prime where a final drive like that was almost automatic.

In the end, we all knew that even with a healthy Cousins, and Jefferson, this team is a 2nd tier team AT BEST!! IF they can make the playoffs and then win a game, that would be outstanding for this team. (That's even with Cousins)

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
mattison is frustrating as he!!.. they need to give the ball to chandler more

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cousins would of crumbled last night.
Nope they would have been up by three tuddys. He wouldn’t have been late on every throw and they would have trusted him to throw in the red zone. For every amazing play dobbs makes he has four that show why he was a career back up

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope they would have been up by three tuddys. He wouldn’t have been late on every throw and they would have trusted him to throw in the red zone. For every amazing play dobbs makes he has four that show why he was a career back up
Career backup on his 7th team

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Every time they win with Dobbs Cousins value next year drops.....somebody will pick him up though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31