Night owls

Mr. Pike

Established Member
Word of caution for you people taking Gabapentin, prolonged use screws with your brain function.

My mother-in-law took it for a long time, and it really messed up her brain function.
I was on it for about 3 years. Hope I don't develop any long lasting effects.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Word of caution for you people taking Gabapentin, prolonged use screws with your brain function.

My mother-in-law took it for a long time, and it really messed up her brain function.

At what age ? Was she on any other meds during that time ? I had read and heard good things about Lyrica but Dr. prescribed Gabapentin. when I questioned why , he said Gab is a generic form of Lyrica. Which doesn't look like the case from what I read. I need to revisit soon so I'll get to the bottom of this. FWIW , I'm not too worried about Gab because I'm sure Lyrica has done the same thing to someone else. For sure I'm not ready to go back to where I was a couple months ago, It's been a game changer.

I dislike taking meds while at the same time very happy to have them. Sorta like the guy who talks down the farming industry but still likes to eat.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
At what age ? Was she on any other meds during that time ? I had read and heard good things about Lyrica but Dr. prescribed Gabapentin. when I questioned why , he said Gab is a generic form of Lyrica. Which doesn't look like the case from what I read. I need to revisit soon so I'll get to the bottom of this. FWIW , I'm not too worried about Gab because I'm sure Lyrica has done the same thing to someone else. For sure I'm not ready to go back to where I was a couple months ago, It's been a game changer.

I dislike taking meds while at the same time very happy to have them. Sorta like the guy who talks down the farming industry but still likes to eat.
I was on max Gabapentin can't remember helped maybe 5% and Lyrica seemed like no difference if it helps gotta to it, side effect or not.

Mr. Pike

Established Member
Has anyone on here ever tried CBD for sleep? I was checking out some of the products at Terry's Health. Seems pretty spendy.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone on here ever tried CBD for sleep? I was checking out some of the products at Terry's Health. Seems pretty spendy.
I use CBD every night to help me relax and sleep through the night. Terry's is more expensive and I quit buying there. Lots of places sell CBD now, shop around and ask plenty of questions.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
My 80 year old mother does the real gummies for sleep, it's the only thing she has found that works for her. I can't give you an informed opinion on the just the CBD gummies.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can any thc advocates explain y it still isn't legal?

Political contributions I suppose is a big thing , big pharma spends millions in donations / contributions to keep it illigal . That and the Gov. doesn't like admitting that they are wrong.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neuropathy is a terrible disease. Whereas my pain isn’t terrible I have lost my sense of balance. I can’t hunt anymore. Every step is an adventure in terror. I have trouble walking to the kitchen. It’s not what I expected for retirement.
Man that's awful, if you ever want a relaxing day of fishing on Sak just let me know. I'll do everything, you won't have to leave your seat. :)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it really matter if it's legal or not? I've been smoking for over 20 years. It's readily available on the black market whenever u want.

Problem with that is, who knows what you are getting ? The black market growers only care about money so they find a high yielding strain and stick with it. Or laced with fentanyl or rat poison, I won't do it.

I want THCV , Iv'e read and watched a lot of credible information on it but it doesn't get you high so won't be seeing it on the black market anytime soon.

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV, THV, O-4394, GWP42004) is a homologue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) having a propyl (3-carbon) side chain instead of pentyl (5-carbon), making it non-psychoactive in lower doses. It has been shown to exhibit neuroprotective activity, appetite suppression, glycemic control and reduced side effects compared to THC, making it a potential treatment for management of obesity and diabetes.[1] THCV was studied by Roger Adams as early as 1942.[2]

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem with that is, who knows what you are getting ? The black market growers only care about money so they find a high yielding strain and stick with it. Or laced with fentanyl or rat poison, I won't do it.

I want THCV , Iv'e read and watched a lot of credible information on it but it doesn't get you high so won't be seeing it on the black market anytime soon.

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV, THV, O-4394, GWP42004) is a homologue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) having a propyl (3-carbon) side chain instead of pentyl (5-carbon), making it non-psychoactive in lower doses. It has been shown to exhibit neuroprotective activity, appetite suppression, glycemic control and reduced side effects compared to THC, making it a potential treatment for management of obesity and diabetes.[1] THCV was studied by Roger Adams as early as 1942.[2]
Take a quick trip to Montana. There are lots of legal shops.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been scouting online where to go but I very seldom ever get that direction. I believe MN only sells it on the reservation so far.

I walked in the Devils lake dispensary to ask if they had thcv and was ushered out the door when I didn't have a card. I asked on the way out and they didn't know what I was talking about, they never heard of it , I told them they should educate themselves if they are selling medical cannabis

I joined a facebook page about gabapentin and it was a real eye opener. Lot's of stories the same as tikka described . I'm preceding with caution and weaning myself down to as low of a dose that I can take and still tolerate some neuropathy . I'd get off it in a heartbeat if I could replace it with a weed that would work. The ND medical MJ program is a joke , they do nothing to inform people or answer questions. I'd push the envelope on that but the state doesn't give a shit , they didn't want to do this in the first place but they were forced to, they are doing it half assed while raping us of tax money. Why not let a senior citizen apply for a temporary permit for a small dose to see if it works for them ? Nope , it's like they hate the MM program and the people who use it or want to use it. They can shove that application where the sun doesn't shine.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been around it a bunch but some and with older people , I never understood the stigma or understood how a guy could show up for work in the oilfield , drunk and hungover and get laughed at and sent home, once in a while with a warning but p in a cup and get fired if you had a toke a few weeks ago.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can any thc advocates explain y it still isn't legal?

True story here. Two seperate groups were advocating for legalization but they were at odds with each other. I was a member of one group on facebook, the one the nurse was a part of . I liked what she stood for and she gave a lot of credible speeches and testimony but she and her followers belittled David Owen's bill and advised people to vote NO on his bill. It had more a lot more potential to pass than their bill but it wasn't good enough for them, they wanted it all or nothing.

I posted my true feelings to the group and recommended they consider taking baby steps towards legalizing in the future and unfollowed the blockheads facebook page and haven't looked at it since.

Last edited:

Mr. Pike

Established Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8