Night owls

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
complete opposite here , I sleep like a rock , get up once a night to P I average at least 9 in the winter sometimes more if its blizzarding . Everyone told me once I retired it would change , it did not . The only draw back to it is early morning fishing and hunting which I do and love and have to set an alarm and have coffee
Once asleep I'm the same, way back in the day I was living in a trailer court (park) and the neighbors trailer burned down and I slept through it all.

Mr. Pike

Established Member
Been working shift work for about 20 years now, 4am-12:30pm. I had a sleep study done about 3 years ago, and found out I have sleep apnea (22 episodes/hour) and restless leg syndrome. Got a CPAP unit and my neurologist prescribed Gabapentin. Took that for about 3 years, but I recently quit it have have just been using melatonin. I read that RLS can be caused by a lack of iron in your blood, so I've been taking a multivitamin and hot baths before I go to bed and haven't noticed any twitching at night. I usually only get 5-6 hours of sleep during the week. 7 on the weekends if I'm lucky

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get full blown neuropathy you will be begging for Lyrica or Gabapentin. You will be twitching like a night crawler on a hot tackle box.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get full blown neuropathy you will be begging for Lyrica or Gabapentin. You will be twitching like a night crawler on a hot tackle box.
I have tried all that stuff and maxed out big on it, did not do nothing for me other than act like zombie. Been to Mayo and whole bunch damn Dr's, mine is both feet. I told them to cut damn nerves, guess my last resort Gummies cant work on that shit or drive company vehicle live is grand.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been a "morning person" for more than 30 years. Work days I am up at 0400 - in the office at 0600. I work 4 10s, so I've got every Friday off. Open water season I fish every Friday that the wind allows. I set the alarm every work night, but I would guess it only actually goes off few times a year - I wake up without it and turn if off. Nights before a fish outing, I might only get 4 hours of shut eye! But I must say I am in bed most nights by 9PM.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neuropathy is a terrible disease. Whereas my pain isn’t terrible I have lost my sense of balance. I can’t hunt anymore. Every step is an adventure in terror. I have trouble walking to the kitchen. It’s not what I expected for retirement.
My Dad has had Neuropathy for close to 20 years. Usually diabetics or cancer treatment patients get it, he is neither, he is just one of the unlucky ones that just get it for a reason the doctors can't even say. His feet have no feeling left and has lost his balance also. Pretty tough to enjoy life when you can't be on your feet very long. He also doesn't sleep well, up every couple hours. Doctors told him he has restless leg syndrome, put him on Gabapetin, seemed to help him sleep a little but made him dizzy so he quit it. He is trying it again but the dizziness is back. He is now seeing a chiropractor out in Williston, you've probably seen the ads on TV. They sell some stuff to try like infared lights, electro stimulation thingy, and a massager. Its supposed to help the bloodflow in his feet and maybe give him some feeling back. He knows it won't be 100 percent but he is hopefull he'll see some improvement. I'm more of a skeptic and really wonder if any of that will work. I told him he should try and get some MJ gummies or edibles to help him sleep and see what it does for his neuropathy.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Dad has had Neuropathy for close to 20 years. Usually diabetics or cancer treatment patients get it, he is neither, he is just one of the unlucky ones that just get it for a reason the doctors can't even say. His feet have no feeling left and has lost his balance also. Pretty tough to enjoy life when you can't be on your feet very long. He also doesn't sleep well, up every couple hours. Doctors told him he has restless leg syndrome, put him on Gabapetin, seemed to help him sleep a little but made him dizzy so he quit it. He is trying it again but the dizziness is back. He is now seeing a chiropractor out in Williston, you've probably seen the ads on TV. They sell some stuff to try like infared lights, electro stimulation thingy, and a massager. Its supposed to help the bloodflow in his feet and maybe give him some feeling back. He knows it won't be 100 percent but he is hopefull he'll see some improvement. I'm more of a skeptic and really wonder if any of that will work. I told him he should try and get some MJ gummies or edibles to help him sleep and see what it does for his neuropathy.
A good friend of mine spent some a few thousand at the chiropractor for his neuropathy. Didn't do any good. But as my doctor said since there's no cure any thing that could help might be worth trying. I would try the gummies. The smoke works.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been a "morning person" for more than 30 years. Work days I am up at 0400 - in the office at 0600. I work 4 10s, so I've got every Friday off. Open water season I fish every Friday that the wind allows. I set the alarm every work night, but I would guess it only actually goes off few times a year - I wake up without it and turn if off. Nights before a fish outing, I might only get 4 hours of shut eye! But I must say I am in bed most nights by 9PM.
This is me too. So used to getting up at 4:30 that it just comes naturally even on vacations. GF doesn't really like it when I'm ready to rumble at 5 in the morning and she's still trying to sleep but she's over it and back to sleep by 5:01 anyway :LOL:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Word of caution for you people taking Gabapentin, prolonged use screws with your brain function.

My mother-in-law took it for a long time, and it really messed up her brain function.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A good friend of mine spent some a few thousand at the chiropractor for his neuropathy. Didn't do any good. But as my doctor said since there's no cure any thing that could help might be worth trying. I would try the gummies. The smoke works.
I have tried everything been to more Dr's than I care to know. What does person have to loose just money right, can't wait till gets worse. So far will power and booze is fix.

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried everything been to more Dr's than I care to know. What does person have to lose just money right, can't wait till gets worse. So far will power and booze is fix.
My doctor said how about frustration. It's off the charts. Takes me ten minutes to tie a hook on.. if I'm lucky. Will power definitely can help. Life isn't always fair. Hopefully you can find some peace.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11