No UND/North Dakota option on UND nickname ballot with update on voting process

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
as a young man we would venture from Fargo out west on a pheasant trip a few times a year, and always made a stop at Helmers Haven in Oriska....haha, nasty;:;barf

Yes, I must admit I have been there as well. First time I saw a C section scar up close....

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I must admit I have been there as well. First time I saw a C section scar up close....

Haha! Oh strippers. Was at a strip club in Minneapolis a long time ago and one of the "dancers" had a tracking bracelet on her ankle! Lol

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they managed to make fun of dang near everyone with this one.

×CONNECT WITH HOCKEY WILDERNESS

NCAA Intervenes, Resolves UND Nickname Dispute

By Tony Wiseau @TonyWiseau on Sep 16, 2015, 11:03a 5

usa-today-8510391.0.jpg
North Dakota player celebrate that they'll never have to hear about the gorram nickname again. - Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports​

A long-running controversy is finally over as the NCAA gives UND a new nickname.
TWEET (37) SHARE (171) PIN

The NCAA shocked the College Hockey community today, announcing that it had intervened to officially change the University of North Dakota’s nickname to "Shitsipping Crybabies", resolving a 3-year dispute.
Formerly known as the "Fighting Sioux", UND has been playing without a nickname since the NCAA sanctioned teams with Native American nicknames, barring them from postseason play. UND started to undergo a process to establish a replacement this summer, but public backlash and legal action has undermined the effort, leaving no end in sight to the controversy.
"We certainly didn’t relish having to step in, but we were left with no choice," says NCAA President Mark Emmert. "The NCAA couldn’t accept dragging this ugly and embarrassing ordeal out any further. By selecting a nickname that reflects the spirit of North Dakota fans, hopefully we’ll get closure on this issue."
Predictably, the NCAA’s action is generating controversy, with many UND fans decrying the move as an abuse of power. Former Bismarck mayor Marlan Haakenson wrote on Facebook: "These people came to our state, took away our autonomy, stripped us of our culture, and now they want to reduce us to this offensive stereotype. This is easily the worst case of oppression I’ve ever heard of."
Emmert dismisses claims that "Shitsipping Crybabies" is a hostile, abusive nickname. In a press conference he declared, "The new nickname does nothing but honor the rich heritage of the great state of North Dakota. I’ve talked to many people from North Dakota, and they all feel that being a Shitsipping Crybaby is a source of pride."
UND President Dr. Robert Kelley has announced his support of the ruling saying, "When I started the committee to find a new nickname, I supported options like ‘Sundogs’ and ‘Roughriders’. But after hearing North Dakotans constantly whine about the nickname over the past several years, I’ve concluded that nothing more accurately represents our fans, school, and state than ‘Shitsipping Crybabies’."
With the support of both the NCAA and UND’s administration, it appears as though the new nickname is here to stay, whether the Shitsipping Crybabies like it or not. Finding an end to this controversy will enable the two to focus 100% of their energy on finding more profitable ways of exploiting student-athletes.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
well that's that

[h=1]UND's new nickname is the Fighting Hawks, winning with 57 percent of vote[/h]

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fighting Hawks. I've never seen a hawk fight much. They are usually flying away from a little black bird chasing them.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Fighting Hawks logo very closely resembled the best logo in the world, bar none, the fighting Sioux logo?? I bet it can be done and probably even been thought of.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately i don't think we will see a logo that in any way resembles the sioux logo. I have a feeling it will be something extremely PC

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, I think it may happen in some shape or form(logo likeness to Sioux). Take that NCAA! I don't see a Fighting Hawk flying to NCAA headquarters saying this nickname is hostile and abusive to us Hawks.

Last edited:

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

HowAboutWeKeepSiouxI do like the logo guy posted. It's the Blackhawks proposed new logo. Change the fathers to green and white and there you go. If it would have been roughriders then the above would have been a good logo.

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Fighting Hawks logo very closely resembled the best logo in the world, bar none, the fighting Sioux logo?? I bet it can be done and probably even been thought of.

I have heard that the artist who came up with the last Sioux logo has been hired to design the new one. Guessing he will just "tweak" the old one and we'll have a very similar logo. And Hawks is an acronym for How About We Keep Sioux.

So the design around the new logo will have "Fighting" above the logo and "Sioux" below the logo in big letters. IN smaller print you will see the words: "hawks --how about we keep" surrounding the logo... think?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88