No UND/North Dakota option on UND nickname ballot with update on voting process

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard kanya west is running for president, (Bush hates black people guy)

I am guessing he could settle some of the racism we see so rampant now a days. Including offensive mascots

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone personally know "camper"?

is he like this in person?

I don't personally know him, but personally know he's an idiot. He must not have been accepted when he applied to attend school at UND. He's a very angry person.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't personally know him, but personally know he's an idiot. He must not have been accepted when he applied to attend school at UND. He's a very angry person.

Exact opposite, voted most cheerful, best personality, and most likely to succeed in my graduating class. Still the same guy. Know a losing cause and crowd when I see one. Angry, HAHAHA, I'm not the one shitting and pissing my pants about a school logo. You guys make ND look stupid.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opinion.:;:muahaha
1st choice- would have been to keep it FIGHTING SIOUX!!! All this PC nonsense is wrecking this country!! No wonder Trump is attracting crowds..to heck with being PC!! He is gathering a storm of pissed off people that want all the establishment OUT!..but that is another subject and thread. haha
SINCE FIGHTING SIOUX had to go...damn the NCAA.. my choice would have been to leave NORTH DAKOTA. But nooooooooo do not even think about having that as an option..what a crock. Put on the ballot for cripes sake! At least if it was voted down, it would have been voted on...but nooooooo , Mr. Kelley decides he knows better than the masses and doesn't even allow it up for a vote.
The so called committee shares in this fiasco of not including it as option to be submitted to the PRES. Instead...my god!! A committee spent all that time and effort to come up with these 5 names???? Really?? What were they thinking??
North Stars?? Seriously..BORING..not imaginative or unique at all
Rough Riders?? serious.. No offense to Red River HS...but..geez..no originality..why on earth is was a final 5 finalist is beyond me.
Fighting Hawks?? serious.BORING. shouldn't offend any groups though.:::
NoDaks..no offense to this site..but..its not a name that a bunch of college kids could rally around..or alumni/donors
Sundogs...This would be my best option..although..somewhat altered..although I don't even think that is allowable.
Be the Sundawgs. or S-dawgs. Go Dawgs! Has a ring to it. I know I know..there are other schools that shout go dawgs...but this could be S-Dawgs or some variation. some marketing appeal even....and home of the DAWGS...I know I know..home of the Sioux will never go extinct. I was just trying to find one of these options as one I could/would have SOME excitement about the possibilities and SunDogs is my choice.
Go FIGHTING SIOUX!

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opinion.:;:muahaha
1st choice- would have been to keep it FIGHTING SIOUX!!! All this PC nonsense is wrecking this country!! No wonder Trump is attracting crowds..to heck with being PC!! He is gathering a storm of pissed off people that want all the establishment OUT!..but that is another subject and thread. haha
SINCE FIGHTING SIOUX had to go...damn the NCAA.. my choice would have been to leave NORTH DAKOTA. But nooooooooo do not even think about having that as an option..what a crock. Put on the ballot for cripes sake! At least if it was voted down, it would have been voted on...but nooooooo , Mr. Kelley decides he knows better than the masses and doesn't even allow it up for a vote.
The so called committee shares in this fiasco of not including it as option to be submitted to the PRES. Instead...my god!! A committee spent all that time and effort to come up with these 5 names???? Really?? What were they thinking??
North Stars?? Seriously..BORING..not imaginative or unique at all
Rough Riders?? serious.. No offense to Red River HS...but..geez..no originality..why on earth is was a final 5 finalist is beyond me.
Fighting Hawks?? serious.BORING. shouldn't offend any groups though.:::
NoDaks..no offense to this site..but..its not a name that a bunch of college kids could rally around..or alumni/donors
Sundogs...This would be my best option..although..somewhat altered..although I don't even think that is allowable.
Be the Sundawgs. or S-dawgs. Go Dawgs! Has a ring to it. I know I know..there are other schools that shout go dawgs...but this could be S-Dawgs or some variation. some marketing appeal even....and home of the DAWGS...I know I know..home of the Sioux will never go extinct. I was just trying to find one of these options as one I could/would have SOME excitement about the possibilities and SunDogs is my choice.
Go FIGHTING SIOUX!

So you want your mascot to be a rainbow?

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exact opposite, voted most cheerful, best personality, and most likely to succeed in my graduating class. Still the same guy. Know a losing cause and crowd when I see one. Angry, HAHAHA, I'm not the one shitting and pissing my pants about a school logo. You guys make ND look stupid.

Based on your posts I think we can all assume that you failed at all three once you left the nest.

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did rebel the best way I could. I cancelled my $$ supporting athletic scholarships and no longer provide any funds to UND, and I didn't even go to school at UND. So, I figured they no longer needed my $1,100/yr. When the booster club called and asked why I decided to forego my six years of support I told them to take those season tickets and have them shove 'em up Dr. Kelley's arse. The gal laughed and said she'd certainly pass on that message.

There. Point closed. Find another benefactor. Sooner or later they'll have a much smaller money pool to grab from.

It is too bad that you are no longer contributing or attending games. However, I am glad that you stood for your beliefs. Kudos to you.

As I have stated before, and I write this while wearing the Fighting Sioux logo, I have a difficult time with "fans" who have more respect, admiration and loyalty to the logo on the jersey than they do for the person wearing it. My thought process is based on student athlete welfare. I have seen first had what those athletes representing UND go through on a daily basis. The hours and hours of practice time, travel time and community service. Getting home at 4:00 am after a 15 hour van ride and having a test at 8:00. Having teachers that won't work with you on making up a quiz or hold your absences against you when you are gone for competition. I have no problem with anyone not buying a new jersey or other merchandise because they still love the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo. It is the best nickname/logo in the history of sport and should be loved. But to have so little regard for the student athletes make so sense to me. It is those that put on that uniform and represent UND and the State of North Dakota that deserve to be supported. I will support them regardless of what the team is called. Be it Fighting Hawks, Nodaks, Roughriders, North Stars or Sundogs. Supporting the current and future student athletes does not diminish my love and respect for the Fighting Sioux nickname. It shows respect for those putting on the jersey.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you want your mascot to be a rainbow?

Nope, don't think my long rant suggested that at all. More some fierce dawg or wolf or the like. Then again I see your point with the rainbow reference. Adversaries/opponents make fun of other teams mascots all the time so it won't be any different no matter what new name and logo is chosen.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am a fighting sioux supporter. but, i can read the writing on the wall. it ain't coming back. and we are gonna get a new nickname. so, i can't see what purpose pulling financial support would do. the athletes didn't make this decision. i agree with frieday... no need to punish them.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Based on your posts I think we can all assume that you failed at all three once you left the nest.

Let me guess, you live on Demers and have been out of town once to buy a used fridge in Thompson.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of Thompson, can a guy still check out some shakers in that Podunk town.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
While the school will lose some support from some of the alumni due to this fiasco, new students and their parents will add new support to the system once the new logo/nickname is established. No athletes will be left out in the cold so to speak.

Fighting Dutchmen '73
Fighting US Army '76
Fighting Sioux '82

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never understood the "don't punish the athletes" argument for bailing on the name to begin with. Last I checked, it was their personal choice to attend the university to begin with . . . right?!?! Granted, those that were there as the sanctions would have been put in place may have gotten the shaft to some degree, but as for everyone else - its their choice to attend and participate. They would have been fully aware of what they were getting into. With a premier hockey program complete with years of tradition and success, I couldn't imagine an athlete passing on the opportunity to play for the SIOUX. When Hakstol came out and said it was time for the name to go he was thinking of all this post-season hype and trying to win a national title, ect, ect. We all know how that worked out, now don't we?! No name and still NO titles - good thing we jumped ship.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
as a young man we would venture from Fargo out west on a pheasant trip a few times a year, and always made a stop at Helmers Haven in Oriska....haha, nasty;:;barf

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88