Now we see why those Tourney Sak weights are so big

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have only fished one tourney and that was the Governors Cup this year and it was a fun experience and learned a lot but prefer a week outing with friends and family fishing without the hassle. I didn’t have any bad experiences with others and mostly fished in spots without anyone around so I can’t complain about other fisherman, but hearing of cheating and seeing this post has soured my taste of tourneys even more than I originally thought. Will I fish it next year, probably not.

I will say being a river rat I despise the big tourneys around Bismarck and South. I’ve never seen such rudeness and embarrassment on the water from fellow fisherman. Yes I know not everyone is like that but I’ve been fortunate to fish more than most over the years and I too now stay off the river for a few days prior and the day of because of the bad ones. I applaud those that are gentlemen on the water at all times but to those that don’t...well that’s why most of us that love to fish but dislike tourneys are disgusted with them.

Not much help on the subject but I’m hoping this my be the start of a change.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Allen- I understand your frustrations and I agree its nice to have a place all to yourself. I typically try to avoid other anglers as much as possible. I may swing through some boats just to see what is going on, but I usually continue on to find fish where I'm the only boat.

I'm too young to remember much about the 80's and other than a few trips to Oahe in the early 90's with my dad and a couple uncles, this past August's trip to Sak was my first big trip and I enjoyed the time with my son and my father even though we didn't catch many fish. I'd like to think we conducted ourselves in a manner acceptable to the locals.

By the way, I was around in the 80's...just young then...don't want anyone thinking I'm some snot nosed little punk...:)

Last edited:

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, just finished up the 6 pages. Oh how I don’t miss the baby sitting.

Some really big blanked stero-typed statements being thrown around!! Do me a favor (all us shit ethic piece of trash tourney folk) and whip out that cell phone you got in your pocket and take a vid or photo the next time a tourney angler does or says something to earn the social media ass-whoopin. I sure would like to see the massness assumed by some here. Holy schmolee olie!

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hunting season.

- - - Updated - - -

Why throw away cheek meat? Who says that’s ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Tim hello! Please tell us about year classes now that the fishing has spiked. Tis the season to be horny fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
65EE83D5-363D-468C-B120-8FCDA15E891D.jpeg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, just finished up the 6 pages. Oh how I don’t miss the baby sitting.

Some really big blanked stero-typed statements being thrown around!! Do me a favor (all us shit ethic piece of trash tourney folk) and whip out that cell phone you got in your pocket and take a vid or photo the next time a tourney angler does or says something to earn the social media ass-whoopin. I sure would like to see the massness assumed by some here. Holy schmolee olie!

you would think there would be video all over tweetbookinstaface with all the ass holeness going down. I bet my video log would be 10 to 1 regular fishermen to tourney guy for being a dink

- - - Updated - - -

All other bullshit aside it is never ok to throw away cheek meat

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You always know a guide or tourney fisherman cuz they like to offer free fishing tips and advice even if you don’t ask.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread really lets the butt hurt flow. Guy do you have any leftover butthurt butter?

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s hunting season.

- - - Updated - - -

Why throw away cheek meat? Who says that’s ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Tim hello! Please tell us about year classes now that the fishing has spiked. Tis the season to be horny fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra.

Its kinda sorta obvious isn’t it? The lake reached its prime after year classes allowed to mature. Future great spawn and stocking allowed for new stacks of class. Things are now finally truly banner. Good times where don’t need to even consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Tim who used the kennel ?

Evidently by most replies here everybody that fishes tournies has a kennel. So it’s really hard to say!

But if I had to pick a guess I would say some dingle nut who isn’t able to get it done the fair way (and cheats on everything else in life) took a rather ridiculous gamble.

Be nice if the dude left it there so could see next year. Or gave a bit more detail. Shaking my head. If I cheated I would definitely be in the top 5. Hell, top ten waaaaaaaaay more.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a 2005 yr class this summer. Everybody owes it to themself to catch one. Fought like a tarpon

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tim tell us your current thoughts on the available size classes in sak. You were spot on before just curious now as the fishing is awesome again.

- - - Updated - - -

I know in devils lake a 21 inch fish is around 7 years old. Prolly similar to sak.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know in devils lake a 21 inch fish is around 7 years old. Prolly similar to sak.

I bet you that on Sak a 7" fish gets to be a 21" fish when it's 3x longer.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
62B6EA4A-08B2-4ACE-94F7-D592115B345A.jpg
This is serious tournament fishing, guys. Don’t have time for unzipping pants, just drop trou and pee

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 87
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31