Once again

murph

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have owned both the Bradley 4 rack and 6 rack smokers. I loved the 4 rack and used it until it fell apart (7 years). I replaced it with the 6 rack digital and had nothing but trouble with it. The one complaint that I would have about the Bradley was the clean up after each use took too much time. I have recently switched over to a traeger and would not go back. I would say that the first couple attempts at brisket and pulled pork were better on the Bradley, but I think I can fix the little issues I had with them. The deer sausage I smoked on the traeger was better than any I have ever made on the Bradley. The best part about the traeger to me is the lack of clean up needed. I will fire it up to make a single meal, versus the Bradley I was sure to fill it up if I was going to use it due to the clean up.

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Bradley six rack digital. Works fine until it gets down to about 10 degrees. Does the master built work in colder temp. that is when I have the most time to smoke!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a masterbuilt electric. I have no complaints other than I should use it more. Probably not the best unit but I haven't found any downside except the amazing smell attracts hungry humans.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Bradley six rack digital. Works fine until it gets down to about 10 degrees. Does the master built work in colder temp. that is when I have the most time to smoke!

I agree completely,
I have had a 6 rack Bradley for I think 3 years, for sure over 2. Anyway it works perfect unless it is below 15* or so. I love the auto feed bisquits, the digital temp setting, the ease of use, the time out temp to auto shut off the smoke, and the heat if you are going to be out and not able to shut everything down.

In cold weather (thanks to guywhoisasmokinggenius) I have my Bradley on a shelf inside my garden shed with a fan run "chimney" to vent out the smoke. I can heat the shed up, vent out the smoke, keep it out of the wind, and smoke to the perfect temp year round.

It is not the best smoker on the market(nor am I), but as far as I am concerned it is the easiest for sure.

I would buy one again, but I am not smoking a lot, constantly either.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two smokers a treager and a Mac smoker. While I don't honestly think the price of the Mac is worth it in someways. However I do use the Mac grill way more because it is very nice to read up to three temp probes and increase or decrease grill temp all by remote along with small options like sear grates and open flame options among other things. Can't really go wrong with a treager just buy one with digital temp control and that it will be large enough for your needs. Also don't be afraid to try other pellets other than the ones treager sells. I can't remember the brand name I buy but they have charcoal to red wine pellets for a reasonable price with free shipping if you buy a certain volume. Happy grill'n and don't be afraid to teach the wife or girlfriend how to run the grill.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
For you guys with a Masterbuilt Electric - How often do you do you need to refill the wood chips? I might go pick one up this week but my only concern is that I've read you need to add chips every 20-30 mins because the wood box is so small. Any truth to this?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would anybody be willing to post some pictures of there homemade units? Looking to build a bigger smoker for smoking sausage, summer sausage, and whatever else gets made after deer season. Want to get some ideas/plans hopefully can get one built yet this year but with bow season right around the corner not sure should have started building earlier this spring.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that we are in a house and outta the trailer; I am looking to build a homemade smokehouse. I have been wanting to do bacon and ham for awhile now and also make summer sausage, etc like I used too. Anyway, I had 2 chargrillers with side fire boxes that I really liked but I want something I can do mass quanitites with. I am looking at getting a pitmasterIQ temp controller when I get around to building it. I want something that will keep my temps steady for long periods- sometimes several days with what I want to make down the road.

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Asking which smoker is best is like asking which is better, Chevy or Ford? Vikings or Packers? Bison or Sioux?

Weber Smokey Mountain. I don't care for synthesized puck smoke. Nothing beats actual factual fire.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Asking which smoker is best is like asking which is better, Chevy or Ford? Vikings or Packers? Bison or Sioux?

Weber Smokey Mountain. I don't care for synthesized puck smoke. Nothing beats actual factual fire.

Not necessarily. You ask MossyMo. He's used 'bout everything under the sun. You tell him what you're gonna want to do with said meat prep device and then buy what he tells you to buy.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im with slim on this one. No smoker can beat an old school stick burner for taste. you guys can have your traegers, ill still with feeding my pit real chucks of hardwood

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I side with the fans of "blue smoke" from actual chunks of hardwood being the pinnacle of flavor.

I side with auto-feeds for ease and maintenance.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I side with the fans of "blue smoke" from actual chunks of hardwood being the pinnacle of flavor.

I side with auto-feeds for ease and maintenance.
...said the "moderate" Republican squish. "I was for synthetic smoke before I was against it." ;-D

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a digital 4 rack Bradley and I love it. have not had a problem with it yet. I know other people say that they cant get theirs up very high in temp but I have had mine up to 280 before. they are a little slow getting back up to temp after the door is opened, but it isn't that bad of an issue. BradleyThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
...said the "moderate" Republican squish. "I was for synthetic smoke before I was against it." ;-D

I could, but won't be, welding your "thing".

jackal-and-the-vulture-pic-solent-news-image-2-845870267.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89