Pizza Place Suicide

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK. I find a good bit of "parm" in the sauce adds richness and reduces too much sour bite. The owner could've improved his rating/rep by inviting Dave back in for a sit down and beers. Taste is subjective and arbitrary. Even as I like Dave; he handled the situation like a dick just for sensationalism.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quit trying to tell someone what tastes "good" or "bad" because I realized (through my hot sauce-making endeavors) that everyone has a genetic predisposition to flavor. There are people who can eat a reaper pepper whole (or multiple) and not feel the same effect I do. It has to be the same for other foods - taste buds for other flavors must be the same. "Salty" to one fellow is likely different to another.

If you pay attention, it's interesting how many people "flavor shame" others...."I can't believe you don't like [X food]"! Include me in that group until my realization that people experience foods differently.

I think I'd love that pizza at 2 am!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love parm.

Oof… that poor owner had a really bad day.
Imagine wearing your kid's high school Star Wars shirt to work and ending up on Portnoy TV.

The funny thing is he didn't even appear to have heard the score. Just had a vendetta with Portnoy.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
mixed emotions about dave for me. i enjoy me some barstool and even the one bite thing. but, he certainly isn't short on ego or antagonism. having said that... he's earned the former and is in the business of the latter to an extent.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
mixed emotions about dave for me. i enjoy me some barstool and even the one bite thing. but, he certainly isn't short on ego or antagonism. having said that... he's earned the former and is in the business of the latter to an extent.
He isn't for everybody. I have cringed many times as well.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know what, even though svn can post comments that some could consider to be way out there, I have to agree with his earlier post about the pizza owner dropping the ball and could have handled the situation in a manner that could have been beneficial to his business. He reminds me of another pizza owner John schnatter who royally stuck his foot in his mouth to appease a small majority of the population when he customer base was rooted in conservative views. The expression that you never go full retard comes to mind when dealing with public opinions. Well said @svnmag imo you are always in the top 5 smartest guys in nda community, it's just that some don't care for your type of rhetoric.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
:p Yeah, I'm a freak'n Wile E. Coyote. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Ott showed up at "my" dock he'd get beer and BBQ sandwiches. This guy is a cool cat and entering the world of Roland, Bill, Jimmy, Al, Virgil and Orlando. I think he could sell Schweigert Meat Snacks as well as Tony Dean.

I truly believe "bass fishing" for walleye/cat is a "real thing": "Location" is the variable and constant.

That is all.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Ott showed up at "my" dock he'd get beer and BBQ sandwiches. This guy is a cool cat and entering the world of Roland, Bill, Jimmy, Al, Virgil and Orlando. I think he could sell Schweigert Meat Snacks as well as Tony Dean.

I truly believe "bass fishing" for walleye/cat is a "real thing": "Location" is the variable and constant.

That is all.
Ott is already a legend. Svn is already a local legend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14