Porcupine Creek Lake Oahe

berty

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was thinking about heading to Porcupine creek as last year around this time I did well. Just wondering if any one has been down there to know what the access is like, ice conditions and if i even should with the protests? I know that I will have to take the longer way down with the bridge closed. Thanks for any help

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cruised down there from Beaver on my ATV last weekend. I fished a few spots i had caught them last year and only caught one and didn't mark much else. I was surprised to be honest, I expected to do decent because it hasn't really been touched this year. I'm sure there are some to be found, i just wouldn't expect to catch them like last year.

Word of warning, i drilled a few areas that were less than a foot of ice. Surprised the shit out of me when my auger went through that quick after drilling in 24"-30" elsewhere.

iceeyes

I would not cross oahe on the ice anymore this season. In the last few weeks I have found many areas of less than 8 inches of ice along the river channel. One more warm spell and that channel will be done for.

701spot&stalk

Founding Member
Founding Member
went out just a little past the mouth today and it was still muddy as hell. only about 6 inches of visibility compared to a inch of visibilty about 4 weeks ago. ice looked good. ill check back in a couple weeks or so if it dont get to warm and cause a big run off again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51