Property Tax Credit

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
I realize this copy is hard to read but, if you look at the unbelievable pork filled wasteful spending on this sheet you will be really pissed off at what our legislators hand out to special interests. This is why we need to start with eliminating ALL property taxes with this referendum and then replace corrupt legislators! Get out and sign this petition and then vote for eliminating ALL property taxes in ND.

1704489702476.png

This list is posted at Gateway Mall just outside of Rockn50s cafe. You can also sign the petition there between 2pm-6pm weekdays.

Last edited:

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
IDK if I'd want my local PD turned into tax collectors but traffic violation fines are ridiculously low. Could help improve travel in the larger cities as well. Driving in Fargo is miserable these days

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They came into my house..took pictures etc. I believe it's a complete invasion of privacy!..oh but I have a choice to not allow them in, then I was informed the house would be assessed at the highest possible rate. Complete joke...this is wrong..property taxes need to be abolished..get them money away from property.
They caught my wife at home on a lunch break, she was showing them around the house, and they had a tape measure out for some fucking reason measuring the house that already has blue prints in the assessors office. I asked her to put me on speaker phone when I happened to call stating I wasn't making it home for lunch, she of course didn't as I had told her to kick them out of our house, and when she said she wouldn't is when the speaker phone trick didn't work.... Haha

They have zero business coming into my home, and even less business bullying their way in with threats of even higher taxes.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
one thing about an assessor ---- if you think your home is over valued AND YOU PLAN on staying in your home --- call a 3rd party assessor --- they will need to stick to the number the 3rd party comes up with. This will be more relevent as soon as our lying govt says yes were in a recession.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
They caught my wife at home on a lunch break, she was showing them around the house, and they had a tape measure out for some fucking reason measuring the house that already has blue prints in the assessors office. I asked her to put me on speaker phone when I happened to call stating I wasn't making it home for lunch, she of course didn't as I had told her to kick them out of our house, and when she said she wouldn't is when the speaker phone trick didn't work.... Haha

They have zero business coming into my home, and even less business bullying their way in with threats of even higher taxes.
In 43 years of home ownership in Bismarck, I have NEVER let the Gestapo into my home. They threatened me that if I didn't let them in to inspect my home that they would tax me to the max. I guess they did but they have no business forcing their way into my home. My home/My castle
This is another reason to abolish property taxes in ND. Property taxes are regressive and abusive........These taxes place more burden on low-income earners and the elderly!

benjamins

Founding Member
Founding Member
one thing about an assessor ---- if you think your home is over valued AND YOU PLAN on staying in your home --- call a 3rd party assessor --- they will need to stick to the number the 3rd party comes up with. This will be more relevent as soon as our lying govt says yes were in a recession.
Are you sure about this? I built a house a few years ago and after 2 years when the tax abatement expired the new county appraisal came out ridiculously high. So I high I did exactly what you suggested and got a 3rd party appraisal. The appraisal was about $60,000 less than the county appraisal. So I called the county and they said they could lower the assessment by about $20,000 but not by $60,000. I argued and it got me nowhere.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why stop there? Alcohol also...oh wait..uh never mind I use that one....
I don’t drink so they can tax alcohol too. Smoking kills far more people is why I mentioned it. But booze isn’t far behind

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to derail the subject but as long as we are talking about local government departments charging exorbitant fees that need to be reined in. we just finished a convenience store I car wash in the Bismarck area were the total costs were just shy of 3.5 million and the building department fees were.

Bldg permit $ 18,803.00
Utility charge $ 25,000.00 ( to hook up to existing sewer & water ) does not include the 2" water meter

These fees don't include the charge for reviewing the plans so it was basically for a handful of site inspections. where does all this money go ?

Not to mention the city has another 3.5 million dollars property on the tax roll. They even came out December 22 to see how much we had into the building so they could add that amount to the owners property tax.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all let’s leave beer and booze tax out of this. 🤬 Fuckers🤣
If property taxes are voted down how long do you think 10 billion will last?
Minot passed a budget of $200 million, fucking parks think they need $15 million, for what ? To build new walking and bike paths that 10 people use in a year? 😡
0 common sense in city, county and state governments.
Increase sales tax and the people from little towns coming to buy stuff in the big towns will complain they have to pay for stuff they don’t use.
If property tax is abolished via vote, towns and counties will have to lobby for their share they THINK they need. Little towns will get screwed.
I could go on and on about this but the more I type the more pissed I get

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to derail the subject but as long as we are talking about local government departments charging exorbitant fees that need to be reined in. we just finished a convenience store I car wash in the Bismarck area were the total costs were just shy of 3.5 million and the building department fees were.

Bldg permit $ 18,803.00
Utility charge $ 25,000.00 ( to hook up to existing sewer & water ) does not include the 2" water meter

These fees don't include the charge for reviewing the plans so it was basically for a handful of site inspections. where does all this money go ?

Not to mention the city has another 3.5 million dollars property on the tax roll. They even came out December 22 to see how much we had into the building so they could add that amount to the owners property tax.
Most businesses and new home owners are granted a tax exemption from 2 to 5 years

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bldg permit $ 18,803.00

Building permits, fees, etc are absolutely insane. That should be the next initiated measure. Put a reasonable cap on those damn things. An average house has a $2500 permit fee. They come out five times to inspect is about it

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some of you must have board, council, commissioner that like to spend funds even their own like drunken sailors.

Glad i am not in Bismack but a small town. db

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mayor says Minot has to spend excessive amounts of money on things to draw people to Minot. New rec center new and better schools, low income housing, etc,etc.

Not against low income housing but if they can’t afford to buy/live in a home other than low income can they really afford to spend money on other things

How about some new restaurants other than Mexican ones? No offense but for shit sake we have enough of those

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OH give me a home where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play. Might have to clean up some shit but the freezer full. LB

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, as i ponder this i am glad for the town i live in as we all know and visit over a beer with those in leadership roles. db

Post 210 is why i will have a hard time getting rid of local control of property tax and voting yes.

Last edited:

TWN

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've stayed out of this discussion as long as I can. You have all seen the " and these people vote" vines/videos/memes, and that's what I get from reading these replies. Hope to god you are a minority.
It seems most of you have no idea where your property taxes even come from. Paid mine last night, sent the check to the county not to the state. If you don't like where your money is being spent don't come here and bitch about it get on a board and fix it. People who get their news from facebook drive me nuts.
Consider the repercussions of this vote. The nice people of Grenora decide they need new playground equipment in their park. Park board, city council get together and get a budget and some bids. If it's enough money the project goes to a vote. Either passes or doesn't but the whole thing is decided by the residents of Grenora. Now- no property tax and no way for Grenora residents to raise money? The nice people in Grenora need to hire someone to go to Bismarck while the legislature is in session and lobby for their new playground equipment. They are standing in line with Bismarck for snow removal funds,, street repair funds, fix the swimming pool funds etc. X 1000. If, by some small chance the legislature even gets the time to look at Grenora's playground project, they are going to be obviously way down the list. Heaven forbid the legislature approves $ for Grenora it gets even better, now everyone in the state is on the hook for playground equipment in Grenora! It is really about local control, this bill will totally gut rural North Dakota.
Mckenzie county also had a flyer in the packet with the statement. 60 years old and not really technologically advanced and I could figure it out. TW

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So now beer drinkers and smokers and small town folk shopping at wally world and Minnesota fishermen should pay for all your services? Just making sure I got this right.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mayor says Minot has to spend excessive amounts of money on things to draw people to Minot. New rec center new and better schools, low income housing, etc,etc.

Not against low income housing but if they can’t afford to buy/live in a home other than low income can they really afford to spend money on other things

How about some new restaurants other than Mexican ones? No offense but for shit sake we have enough of those
They are the only ones who can find help

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've stayed out of this discussion as long as I can. You have all seen the " and these people vote" vines/videos/memes, and that's what I get from reading these replies. Hope to god you are a minority.
It seems most of you have no idea where your property taxes even come from. Paid mine last night, sent the check to the county not to the state. If you don't like where your money is being spent don't come here and bitch about it get on a board and fix it. People who get their news from facebook drive me nuts.
Consider the repercussions of this vote. The nice people of Grenora decide they need new playground equipment in their park. Park board, city council get together and get a budget and some bids. If it's enough money the project goes to a vote. Either passes or doesn't but the whole thing is decided by the residents of Grenora. Now- no property tax and no way for Grenora residents to raise money? The nice people in Grenora need to hire someone to go to Bismarck while the legislature is in session and lobby for their new playground equipment. They are standing in line with Bismarck for snow removal funds,, street repair funds, fix the swimming pool funds etc. X 1000. If, by some small chance the legislature even gets the time to look at Grenora's playground project, they are going to be obviously way down the list. Heaven forbid the legislature approves $ for Grenora it gets even better, now everyone in the state is on the hook for playground equipment in Grenora! It is really about local control, this bill will totally gut rural North Dakota.
Mckenzie county also had a flyer in the packet with the statement. 60 years old and not really technologically advanced and I could figure it out. TW
In bis/man we don’t get to vote on many things they spend the money on anyway. In Mandan a few yrs back they built a new middle school. without a 6 grade wing to keep it under the amount that would require a vote. They bid the 6 grade wing the very next year before the original build was even completed, again to keep it under the threshold. The new contractor had to have the original contractor move their job trailer and materials to start the excavation.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33