Property Tax Credit

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what you are saying. I honestly do but that’s a slippery game to play…. When you guys up north end up with 103” of snow and half the county is prevent plant that’s not exactly my problem either….not trying to start anything by that but it’s the same logic.
Fargo flooding is no problem for me either, yet here goes the billions in oil taxes that come from my back yard to skirt the river ...

eff property taxes.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what you are saying. I honestly do but that’s a slippery game to play…. When you guys up north end up with 103” of snow and half the county is prevent plant that’s not exactly my problem either….not trying to start anything by that but it’s the same logic.

Farmers buy crop insurance and if they don't , they don't get paid for PP. Unless something has changed, that's the way it was when I was actively farming.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Are you saying that in snowy winters you have received some form of snow removal bill in the form of a special assessment?
That's funny shit cnn. No where did I say that. Property taxes cover that. Snow is completely separate to water and garbage which are billed directly.

Last edited:

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers buy crop insurance and if they don't , they don't get paid for PP. Unless something has changed, that's the way it was when I was actively farming.
You get where I was going with it. If a state declared an emergency then disaster aid would be available…. I’m guessing that money is coming from places other than your county. Point is people from other areas don’t wanna be dragged into other areas problems but are.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s cash rent/acre or average revenue per acre if farmed themselves?
Average revenue?? Depends on what you are growing. Sunflowers are half what they were last year. No one is making money on them.

South Dakota is the largest producer and has most of the 2023 crop in the bins. It's a buyers' market.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All these guys questioning where the money will come from and are against this seem to have not done thier research. Did any of them actually look at what Becker came up with???? They are posting about nothing or things not being funded or being dragged from rural to city issues but from what I remember alot of this was addressed with his proposal. Anyone have the link?..maybe just start posting that when someone asks a question. I can't believe they don't actually do thier research and go to the source vs nodak angler bitching...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You get where I was going with it. If a state declared an emergency then disaster aid would be available…. I’m guessing that money is coming from places other than your county. Point is people from other areas don’t wanna be dragged into other areas problems but are.
Emergency aid is completely different than property tax so I don't get the comparison.
I'm glad we agree that we don't want our property taxes to go to other areas so we get dragged into someone else's problems. That's important. Does that mean you will vote against measure 4 ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
All these guys questioning where the money will come from and are against this seem to have not done thier research. Did any of them actually look at what Becker came up with???? They are posting about nothing or things not being funded or being dragged from rural to city issues but from what I remember alot of this was addressed with his proposal. Anyone have the link?..maybe just start posting that when someone asks a question. I can't believe they don't actually do thier research and go to the source vs nodak angler bitching...

As far as I can tell, most of the ones bitching are the people that want this to pass . I didn't come on here bitching , I asked money questions that went unanswered.
If you want this to pass so bad then provide enough evidence to convince the people who are not interested in paying ANY portion of someone else's property taxes. So far you haven't, Its as simple as that.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20240905-183520.png

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As far as I can tell, most of the ones bitching are the people that want this to pass . I didn't come on here bitching , I asked money questions that went unanswered.
If you want this to pass so bad then provide enough evidence to convince the people who are not interested in paying ANY portion of someone else's property taxes. So far you haven't, Its as simple as that.
All your questions can be answered under his proposal..did you read it when this all came about, or are you relying on nodakangler? It will have all your answers. Here is mine for you...This will all be paid for by the money ferries. You have nothing to worry about..just vote yes to pass it. Jeezus who the hell would rely on nodakangler to make an informed decision? Yes you may be able to get some facts but the source is where you want to go for your answers. It's almost like the people that listen to Biden and Harris for actual real info..see the resemblance? 😆

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I remember correctly he also had a website that went I to detail on where and how the money would come from and be used. Also showed where cuts on spending would be needed. This is great info though.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I remember correctly he also had a website that went I to detail on where and how the money would come from and be used. Also showed where cuts on spending would be needed. This is great info though.
Your correct and he does a way better job at explaining it than I can in this forum.

Endpropertytax.com

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, I'll skim through those later this evening, I'm on a small screen and it's hard to read right now. In a nutshell though, I'm curious how the measure reads about primary residence only ? I was just going by what was said in this chat about in not being only primary, Is that correct ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
All your questions can be answered under his proposal..did you read it when this all came about, or are you relying on nodakangler?
My mind was made up before this topic came about. I'm happy with the way my property taxes are spent locally and I am old enough for the homestead credit act so a no vote from me. It's a no brainer in my case.

It will have all your answers. Here is mine for you...This will all be paid for by the money ferries. You have nothing to worry about..just vote yes to pass it. Jeezus who the hell would rely on nodakangler to make an informed decision?
That's what I was wondering while reading the rambling on about how great this is for me.
Yes you may be able to get some facts but the source is where you want to go for your answers. It's almost like the people that listen to Biden and Harris for actual real info..see the resemblance? 😆

Boy yes I sure do , this whole idea is nothing more than redistribution of wealth and giving the bigger government more power. Sounds exactly like something they would support and this measure bleeds the liberal ideology. Steal from Peter to pay Paul.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My mind was made up before this topic came about. I'm happy with the way my property taxes are spent locally and I am old enough for the homestead credit act so a no vote from me. It's a no brainer in my case.

That's what I was wondering while reading the rambling on about how great this is for me.

Boy yes I sure do , this whole idea is nothing more than redistribution of wealth and giving the bigger government more power. Sounds exactly like something they would support and this measure bleeds the liberal ideology. Steal from Peter to pay Paul.
More like Peter is as dumb as the rock in the street and hopefully Paul and Jill and Jack and..well you get the point can figure it out better then the local commissioners..who are again smart as a 🪨

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49