Property Tax Credit

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is, however 70% of Americans would save zero otherwise.
Secondly only about 40% actually pay into this, but somehow even illegals get paid out of it.
Thirdly the birth rate is down, more people taking out of it, than people putting into it.
If the money that was paid in would have been set aside or invested instead of being put into the general fund there would be more than enough to cover those that paid in

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is, however 70% of Americans would save zero otherwise.
Secondly only about 40% actually pay into this, but somehow even illegals get paid out of it.
Thirdly the birth rate is down, more people taking out of it, than people putting into it.
how many people that hardly paid in are on ss disability??

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They also use it to pay every parent who can get their kid diagnosed with a learning disability. Lots of money going out there. Not "poo-pooing" learning disabilities, but have come to the realization they are another gravy train.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, they will just raise the value of your property to make up the lower tax level.

They "lowered" my taxes but increased the value of my house $11,000 so it was a wash.

Made me feel warm and fuzzy for about 5 minutes

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, but they will operate at a deficit for this year. Strange how that happens when there is a measure on the ballot. Any guesses on what will happen next year if it fails?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can say is that anyone who votes for this had best not have a rural address. And, well...if they do and still vote for it, they deserve the fugging they are about to receive.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can say is that anyone who votes for this had best not have a rural address. And, well...if they do and still vote for it, they deserve the fugging they are about to receive.
Or if you care about your rural healthcare. Word is that one of the largest things to make up for the lost tax base will be removal of Medicaid expansion and decrease in payment to healthcare facilities.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep and they will take your birthday away and not invite you to anymore parties and totally eliminate the color blue…… 🙄. Fear mongering is strong here. You guys sound like you just came from a diddy party….. you’re A-ok getting raped for fear of getting raped harder…..got a hunch you guys fell for the vaccine too didn’t you?

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep and they will take your birthday away and not invite you to anymore parties and totally eliminate the color blue…… 🙄. Fear mongering is strong here. You guys sound like you just came from a diddy party….. you’re A-ok getting raped for fear of getting raped harder…..got a hunch you guys fell for the vaccine too didn’t you?
Did someone wake up grumpy, again?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes, fear mongering is when you bring up rational counter points. Gotcha. Automatically makes someone left leaning as well. Well shit, I guess I better start buying some rainbow t-shirts.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry I don't have time to read all of the informative posts, but the ones I have read seem to be exhibiting a major fear of the east cost taking all of the states money...

Am I not reading and interpreting the bill correctly? This comes directly from the Petition Title.... " It would prohibit political subdivisions from levying any tax on real or personal property except for the payment of bonded indebtedness incurred before the end of the thirty-day period following the date this amendment was approved by the voters, until such debt is paid, and would require the state to provide replacement payments to political subdivisions of no less than the amount of tax levied on real property during the 2024 calendar year."

My understanding is that the state would be required to dole out moneys equivelent to that given out in 2024 going forward... Anything above and beyond that, the local political subdivisions would be required to figure out how they are going to generate that revenue.... whether it be convincing the state to give more money, increasing other taxes etc.... seems like the fear of Fargo soaking up all the gravy is a bit irrational?

I personally like this approach as it also puts limitations on how much debt a subdivision can have... It should force our elected officials to be a little more responsible with the checkbook... hopefully.

Maybe I'm interpreting it all wrong... if so I'm sure someone will tell me..

For those who want to read it for themselves https://www.sos.nd.gov/sites/www/fi...s/measures/property-tax-measure-full-text.pdf
SECTION 1. AMENDMENT.
Section 1.
Item 3 is what I'm referencing.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would argue the proponents of this measure sound more like the clot shot pushers in that they both effort to force a radical idea with obvious shortcomings as if it will have no negative impacts or side effects.

Changing from one bad system to another bad system does not appeal to me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 312
  • This month: 199
  • This month: 166
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 73