Remove Plug From Boat Law

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem is, I saw a guy at henegar landing in DL last summer pull his boat out of the water and up to the fish cleaning station to clean fish. The warden was there and hopped in his boat and gave him shit about water in his livewell. Not sure if he got a ticket or not, but apparently you are supposed to drain everything on the ramp? That just creates a bigger CF at the ramp, especially a busy ramp if everyone pulling the boat out is stopped on the ramp and draining boats/livewells etc. I know that there is a purpose for the rule, however enforcing it/interpreting it may end up pissing a lot of people off.

I would bet bet if the guy already had the plugs pulled it wouldn't be a big deal, but it doesn't sound like that was the case. The GNF isn't going to require you to wait ON the ramp for your boat to drain, they know how busy some places can be, but if you don't have your plugs pulled from the loading/unloading areas before you get to the fish cleaning station or to the main road out of the ramp, then yeah, you should get a ticket. It's a simple regulation to follow.

onpoint!

Established Member
It's a small inconvenience that we should be willing to do, if it'll help to keep our fisheries healthy. Now just gotta think about it before I launch, not 2 minutes afterwards.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got checked last fall coming off of Sibley and the warden was quick to verify that the livewells were drained. The hull plug, though is another thing I don't have to currently worry about. I have a Lund, so no leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

And, I've been checked coming off the river this year. Having been checked twice in the past six months is about the same as I was checked over the past 6 yrs. So it would appear they are putting some emphasis on it.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pull the plug when I'm draining everything, but then I put it back in after strapping everything down and raising the engine. Now, we have to 'travel' with it pulled?? Ohhhhh, I can see more than once where I'll be jumping in the water after hearing the bilge pumps taking off!!

I wonder what the learning curve will be for 2016? Only twice???? #$%^&>

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pull the plug when you put on the tie downs, put it back in when you take them off. I've only forgot to put it back in once, water was chilly that day too...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88