replace home a/c

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
HA has good equipment from what I understand and have experienced but there customer service from my own experience is lacking..lady at the front desk/ whoever answers there phone is horrible. Personal experience I had after having one of those halos installed was bad. Just wanted to replace the light in it after it went out..and all she could tell me was we can send someone out and they will service it..she wouldnt give me an estimate for that nor would she sell the light to me so I could fix it. Told her its just a light I can replace it myself..after a few go arounds with that I asked her for a round ball estimate on the light replacement if they sent somebody out....well she couldnt tell me that either. I said so the bill could be $100 or $10k whatever they decide with no information up front? Well yes that is how it works according to her I said no thanks hung up and ordered the replacement light off the internet. Took less than a minute to change and has been running with no issues since.

grantfurness

Make sure the buds include the brand of equipment hey propose to install. Some people will pice a Trane & then install a Goodman or Amana. Nothing wrong with Goodman or Amana but they’re a lot cheaper equipment than Trane. Like someone else said I wouldn’t hire anyone that doesn’t do a heat load & manual J. Lots of guys will Just replace the old unit with the same size because they don’t know how to figure out the right size. Most houses actually have the wrong size air conditioner.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
HA has good equipment from what I understand and have experienced but there customer service from my own experience is lacking..lady at the front desk/ whoever answers there phone is horrible. Personal experience I had after having one of those halos installed was bad. Just wanted to replace the light in it after it went out..and all she could tell me was we can send someone out and they will service it..she wouldnt give me an estimate for that nor would she sell the light to me so I could fix it. Told her its just a light I can replace it myself..after a few go arounds with that I asked her for a round ball estimate on the light replacement if they sent somebody out....well she couldnt tell me that either. I said so the bill could be $100 or $10k whatever they decide with no information up front? Well yes that is how it works according to her I said no thanks hung up and ordered the replacement light off the internet. Took less than a minute to change and has been running with no issues since.

Well, in her defense, 99.9% of front desk gals don't give estimates. Doesn't really matter what industry you're in, this isn't the job of most front desk gals. You essentially are blaming it on the main gal that answer phones, but you weren't talking to the correct person for what you were looking for. Probably should have asked for someone in sales, as it sounds like you didnt do that. When I've called, that's what I ask for. I have always had an estimate within a couple days, big or small job.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, in her defense, 99.9% of front desk gals don't give estimates. Doesn't really matter what industry you're in, this isn't the job of most front desk gals. You essentially are blaming it on the main gal that answer phones, but you weren't talking to the correct person for what you were looking for. Probably should have asked for someone in sales, as it sounds like you didnt do that. When I've called, that's what I ask for. I have always had an estimate within a couple days, big or small job.
But she should say let me get you to some one who can give you a price. That’s what all the girls in our office do.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good customer service would say..let me place you on hold and get you to the correct person. I stand behind the statement there customer service is lacking. I don't know the ins and outs of how there company works or any other for that matter. I am a customer calling to get something fixed. It is the companies responsibility to direct me to whoever it may be to get it taken care of. That starts when you place the phone call to them.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But she should say let me get you to some one who can give you a price. That’s what all the girls in our office do.
This is called good customer service. I would be a repeat customer if I called your business👍

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't disagree at all, who knows if she was new or not, maybe it was an off day. But As a grown man, it's just as easy enough to ask for someone in sales, instead of assuming people will always point you in the right direction. Most people know within the first 20 seconds of the conversation if you need to ask to talk to someone else. lol. Just my opinion.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't disagree at all, who knows if she was new or not, maybe it was an off day. But As a grown man, it's just as easy enough to ask for someone in sales, instead of assuming people will always point you in the right direction. Most people know within the first 20 seconds of the conversation if you need to ask to talk to someone else. lol. Just my opinion.
Haha careful asking for someone else Taylorman….easy to get labeled an *#+ist in today’s world ...rofl...

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't disagree at all, who knows if she was new or not, maybe it was an off day. But As a grown man, it's just as easy enough to ask for someone in sales, instead of assuming people will always point you in the right direction. Most people know within the first 20 seconds of the conversation if you need to ask to talk to someone else. lol.
She is not new. I asked a few guys at work after this took place(she is well known). They new exactly who I was talking about. I wouldn't ask for anybody else...why would I want a company doing work for me that can't put a decent customer service person to answer the phone? I start to ask my self what quality of people are at this company if the person answering the phones is this bad. Now with that being said I am pretty sure HA has good people working for them..other than the lady answering the phone. This was just a simple bulb not worth the time or hassle going forward with them when I could just buy it off the internet. Yes I want to support local businesses but I am not going to pull teeth to purchase a product from you. This is called customer service. I am glad your willing to waste your time trying to find the right person in a business to speak with🤦‍♂️

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
She is not new. I asked a few guys at work after this took place(she is well known). They new exactly who I was talking about. I wouldn't ask for anybody else...why would I want a company doing work for me that can't put a decent customer service person to answer the phone? I start to ask my self what quality of people are at this company if the person answering the phones is this bad. Now with that being said I am pretty sure HA has good people working for them..other than the lady answering the phone. This was just a simple bulb not worth the time or hassle going forward with them when I could just buy it off the internet. Yes I want to support local businesses but I am not going to pull teeth to purchase a product from you. This is called customer service. I am glad your willing to waste your time trying to find the right person in a business to speak with🤦‍♂️
It's not that its wasting time for me. As an adult I can tell if I need to talk to someone else rather quickly, if the front desk gal doesn't have an answer for me with the first question i ask. You're willing to sit there asking question upon question to a person who obviously doesn't know the answer or have the answer, about a bulb? So who is wasting time here? Sure doesn't feel like me. lol

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good Lord. On Monday I called a company to find out something not super common. I started the conversation with "I don't know who I need to talk to; but I hope you can direct me to them." I briefly explained my situation and was promptly transferred to the right person. It really wasn't that hard.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Called HA a while back. Asked them to inspect my heating system and asked what the hourly rate would be. The person I spoke to said 110.00 an hour with a one hour minimum. I said that's fine and we set up an appointment the next day for 10:00. I personally let them in and stood there beside the technician and visited with him for 45 minutes. He made some adjustments and I let him out and it was 45 minutes according to my watch from entering to leaving. I received a bill from HA for 3 hours work, so I called them and asked if there was a mistake on the bill and explained the time they were there. The person referred me to some manager and they said the GPS on their truck showed the tech,. at my address for 3 hours and that was the way they bill. They did eventually drop the bill down somewhat but I was still overcharged greatly. I will never do business there again and will not refer anyone to them. I refuse to do repeat business with a company is blatantly dishonest !

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Called HA a while back. Asked them to inspect my heating system and asked what the hourly rate would be. The person I spoke to said 110.00 an hour with a one hour minimum. I said that's fine and we set up an appointment the next day for 10:00. I personally let them in and stood there beside the technician and visited with him for 45 minutes. He made some adjustments and I let him out and it was 45 minutes according to my watch from entering to leaving. I received a bill from HA for 3 hours work, so I called them and asked if there was a mistake on the bill and explained the time they were there. The person referred me to some manager and they said the GPS on their truck showed the tech,. at my address for 3 hours and that was the way they bill. They did eventually drop the bill down somewhat but I was still overcharged greatly. I will never do business there again and will not refer anyone to them. I refuse to do repeat business with a company is blatantly dishonest !
I would have stopped in and told them to show me the GPS with coordinates, we use same system and mistakes can be made, that is poor service and now they lost a customer. I work in lots of business in Bismarck/Mandan and have been for 35 years so many have same issues. World is going to shit in hand basket.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They would have received $110 from me (plus applicable tax).

Not one penny more.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It should be completely un necessary but time stamped pictures have saved me some cash on deals like that

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They would have received $110 from me (plus applicable tax).

Not one penny more.
Problem with this is they will submit you to collections. You can take them to small claims court but the cost from missing work and fees usually equal more then the bill. Lose lose for the customer. Best thing you can do is talk to them..Hopefully they use common sense and reduce the bill and if not spread the word. I personally don't think HA likes small customers..they want big building and big customers. The personal house they don't make as much on...probably why they tried to bill 3 hours. I could be wrong on this but kind of get the feeling how this is in town with certain businesses. I had a situation with Prarie view landscaping..not getting into that one but will never ever recommend them for landscaping.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good Lord. On Monday I called a company to find out something not super common. I started the conversation with "I don't know who I need to talk to; but I hope you can direct me to them." I briefly explained my situation and was promptly transferred to the right person. It really wasn't that hard.
My conversation started similar to I am looking for information on what the cost would be to purchase said light bulb or get information on having it replaced....don't you think she should have said let me transfer you if she didnt know...good lord what happened to customer service? This product is very common in fact I see it on the commercials all the time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84