Residential Snowblowers

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am seriously entertaining buying a Kraken. My back ain't what it used to be.

You'd think dirty mike would move to Fargo so it would see regular adjustments... but nooooo.
guy, shouldn't you be looking at battery powered blowers
shame on you
how do you expect to save the world from global warming?
we are all counting on you
step up to the plate big fella
LOL

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got an old piece a crap MTD going on fifteen years. The thing runs like a charm, starts like a charm every year. I think I have changed the oil one time. It even threw a rock through my neighbors car window. I ran in the house and hid.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought this before last winter season after I retired my JD 826. This thing has worked great! Then again it was brand new (bought from NAPA).

Toro

Power Max 826 OAE 26 in. 252cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower​

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got an old piece a crap MTD going on fifteen years. The thing runs like a charm, starts like a charm every year. I think I have changed the oil one time. It even threw a rock through my neighbors car window. I ran in the house and hid.
I have one to, I would like to know how many tons of snow it has blown. I changed oil 5 or 6 time over the course to 20 yrs. I had a 8/26 John Deere for about 5 years now threw a rod thru the block.

Now I have a International 504 with a JD 7 ft blower and it makes quick work of the snow.
20130913_160902.jpg

Ss34ever

I had an MTD 10 hp-24 inch cut that I bought brand new from Sam's Club in 1999 for 600.00, bulletproof unit. Only replaced belts 1 time, the cylinder head once( I stripped the spark plug on it, and a drive cable. I handed it down to my kid, who knows how long that thing will run!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
First snowblower was a snoking 8/26 3 stage, the 3rd stage was an extra auger the would allow you to bust up a drift before in went through the second auger. What was cool about it was it had an engage system that would allow to move automatically with pulling in lever. handle levers were one to engage the blower and the other was to stop the drive, then i got heck of a deal on a 87 snoflite 10/26 with electric start for 75 bucks, the previous owner tried to run a fargo/Moorehead phone book and it bent one of the inside paddles that I fixed with a some heat, then since I use snow chains, I broke the wheel drive shaft ans had a machine shop make me a new one. Those old tecumseh motors are litterly built to last for ever, still have it don't use it because i share a drive way with my neighbor, who has a bobcat. I take care of the grass and he takes care of the snow.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
8291A36E-A066-4376-A177-A90A897D6FE3.jpeg

Enjoy those heated handlebars, I’ll have a coffee or cold beverage in my cup holder. It super sucks when the heat has to be cranked up to keep the windows clear and I have to shed my sweatshirt :ROFLMAO:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88