Sakakawea NWT

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duane Helm I believe is his name from ft Pierre SD with 45# and change won. His first fish this morning was a 32", hell of a way to start the day.

There were a few locals that had a great tourney placing really well. I believe votava got second.

Oh and in the last 24 hours I have managed to ride in a boat approximately 412 miles, 212 in a ranger 621 and 200 in a nitro 21. Both were nice boats but conditions weren't the same to get an exact comparison. The nitro did ride alright when we turned the corner at nishu and met the straight east wind. I believe a good suspension seat system is the key.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats some serious miles. Excellent job to all. A good tournament with interesting stategies.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the aim format couldn't you take a picture of the same fish twice and enter it as two separate fish? Seems like it would easy to cheat.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
With the aim format couldn't you take a picture of the same fish twice and enter it as two separate fish? Seems like it would easy to cheat.

They have busted a couple teams for this in the past. They can figure it out if there is any reason to doubt.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you get to be a co-angler that sounds like a great experience​ I would love to do it

There are 2 ways to get into the co angler side. First is to know a pro that you can sign up with. This doesn't mean you will fish with that pro, it just guarantees that there is a co for that pro. There is a deadline to do this, I believe it is 2 weeks prior to the event.

Second way is to just go to the nwt website and sign up for the event and wait for confirmation on getting in. This way is more of a first come first serve way and the downfall is you are not guaranteed to get in the event. You might find out you have been accepted 2 days before the event.

This was the second time I have done the co angler thing and have learned a few little things From each person. This event I got a crash course on running planer boards. I have used them before but didn't really have much of a clue what I was doing. Yesterday we caught a pile of fish and it was controlled chaos in the boat for about 2 hours, removing board,netting, re setting. At times we had doubles while we were still trying to set a line. We worked out butts of for those 2 hours, just didn't get the right size to the bites. It was a great experience and had 2 great guys to fish with during the event. Definitely recommend it to those interested competitive fishing.

MikeMT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sum1,taking photos of the same fish and not getting caught would create more stress than our team has by just measuring one fish correctly! In our boat we will take multiple photos of same fish to insure we have the maximum length and then we wait for the results,hoping,we got it right.Why would anyone want to test the system by entering the same fish twice or even three or four times and risk exposure and lifetime ban.Winning is about earning the respect and congratulations of my fellow competitors and friends.I personally believe that the AIM format is the best system,losing to somebody that culled or used the "other scale" can never happen!
The point was raised about the outcome of the NWT had the AIM program been utilized and having suffered the unlucky result of keeping the wrong fish,I tend to agree.
Sum1,please come fish the AIM with us and draw your own conclusions about the format.
Good Luck,
Mike

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
I have trim tabs on my nitro first boat I've had with them won't have another without. They add a whole new level of control once you learn how to use them.

Last edited:

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have busted a couple teams for this in the past. They can figure it out if there is any reason to doubt.

They have a blueprint program that they can enter any photos into and pick out duplicate fish with 99% accuracy.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Over/under on how many boats were in Douglas Bay this weekend? I'll set the number at 300. It would be higher but the wind was crazy yesterday and today was Mother's Day.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88