SB 2315 - Ag Committee Recap

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i never even read it actually. just pulled the first recent article i could find. but, on the engine damage thing... not sure what you guys run for engines and if they are from the 1980s or something. but, i've never ran anything but the 10% stuff in anything i own, 1979 merc, lawnmowers, weed whackers, all of my vehicles including my 04 dodge with 345K on it. and can't say i have ever had an ethanol related engine problem. considering a person can hardly find ethanol free gas in most of the country and that E10 or better accounts for more than 95% of the gasoline consumed in this country, it can't be as big of a problem as people make it out to be in my non motor head mind.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26092

countless cases like this

http://www.marinebusiness.com.au/archive/boat-builders-warned-of-liability-for-ethanol-damage

- - - Updated - - -

"WHAT THE OUTBOARD MANUFACTURERS SAY
The bottom line seems to be that modern outboards are fine with fresh ethanol up to E10, but they warn about fuel system risks.
Evinrude: Evinrude motors can tolerate up to 10 per cent alcohol in fuels, (which is the maximum currently sold in Australia)
Honda: Honda engines are designed for good performance and efficient operation using gasoline containing from 0 to 10 per cent ethanol.
Mercury: Mercury engines will withstand up to 10 percent ethanol in gasoline.
Suzuki: Recommends the use of pure gasoline without alcohol, but can use up to 10 per cent alcohol if necessary.
Tohatsu: Recommends use of fuel up to only 10 per cent ethanol. Voids the warranty for all alcohol-fuel related malfunctions.
Yamaha: All 2008 and later models are suitable for use with Ethanol E10 blended fuel. Models prior to 2008 are not suitable for ethanol blended fuels.

- - - Updated - - -

it didn't take long for the damage to occur when EtOH first came out

most people shrugged and bought new yard tools, motors, etc.... not realizing they'd been EFF'd by the usual unintended consequences of the gov't "helping"

even if they did know what caused it - who you going to sue to get reimbursed?

tenor.gif

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to see we can all get along.

I need to go find a safespace until the legislature is done.

Here I thought this was fairly civil compared to some of the dumb shit I've read in the past. I just had to poke PG because he likes to poke the bear and the bear likes to poke back. I'm fine either way on 2315 and I am not going to jump on the bandwagon one way or the other. If it fails I feel like even the discussion about it will help hunters and sportsmen police their own a little better. I realize It's no fun looking for a place to hunt and it's no fun picking up after people or giving a thief the opportunity to snag something that isn't bolted down.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of ethanol, The new refinery going up in Grand Forks will be using what is normally a waste product from sugar beet processing. A new process in US and probably about as environmentally friendly as ethanol plants will ever get. My boy works for American Crystal and went to Poland and toured the refinery over there. The process is pretty much the same as making vodka out of beets and since it's using byproducts that are normally waste its added value to an existing crop. It's exciting to see new technology come to North Dakota and good news to the red river valley and the whole state. It's tough to beet a deel like dat

https://www.agweek.com/business/agriculture/4489276-work-new-nd-biorefinery-under-way
good, maybe they will quit spraying that damn juice all over the roads.

gretzky is denied

nick go bac to soata land, where your energies will be of more, better, use, isn't that where your traveled from? tired of your snuggle with teddy, view of northdakota private lands, thought you were a purist fly fisherman?what happened? every single northdakota landowner, big or small, needs to voice support for this bill period, nick you live in a star wars world, it wasn't that good of a flick

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
nick go bac to soata land, where your energies will be of more, better, use, isn't that where your traveled from? tired of your snuggle with teddy, view of northdakota private lands, thought you were a purist fly fisherman?what happened? every single northdakota landowner, big or small, needs to voice support for this bill period, nick you live in a star wars world, it wasn't that good of a flick
Put down the crack pipe..... brah

gretzky is denied

trippie bra, isn't that what everyone who's slapped a key,on this website smoking/ ? aka,[ tree with smoke, little animals fallin out], get the f---ck real

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
trippie bra, isn't that what everyone who's slapped a key,on this website smoking/ ? aka,[ tree with smoke, little animals fallin out], get the f---ck real
Wow you have changed my mind with all of this common sense persuasion......

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wrote this on page 3,

To keep the two separate think of it this way. Corn ethanol is moonshine, cellulosic is wood alcohol. If you drink cellulosic wood alcohol, you will die.

And now I have guilt.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha My boy tells me the beet vodka in poland is stout and he felt obligated to drink since it was an inhouse product. He wasn't feeling very good the next day. He is a non drinker so I got a good chuckle out of that. Has anyone ever tried it ?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88