Should ND legalize Marijuana

Should North Dakota legalize marijuana for recreational use ?

• Yes

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question for pro pot folks. Back in high school it was quite prevalent. I never par took so have no idea how it affects people. But I do know that nearly all the pot heads didn’t become very successful adults. Is their love of doobies and lack of success a cause and effect?
The pots heads I know ones a doctor one owns his own construction business and been on multiple sheep hunts in Alaska he is doing all right. Got a couple buddies who drank them selves to death got straight a in school got into booze after and to an early grave.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not really when it’s the leading cause of death in America.
Burger King and pork rinds don't cause psychosis.

I've never banged a questionable chick because of too much food or gun: Etc. I spared the long "comedic" list.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Burger King and pork rinds don't cause psychosis.

I've never banged a questionable chick because of too much food or gun: Etc. I spared the long "comedic" list.
Just diabetes, heart disease and a multitude of other conditions. How many people suffer from those how many suffer from psychosis from smoking weed? So you were for New York banning large soft drinks at fast food place? Since it’s for the health of the people.

So a quick google search.

The incidence of cannabis-induced psychotic disorder is thought to be 2.7 per 100,000 person-years, with a conversion rate to a schizophrenia-spectrum disorders ranging between one-third and one-half.

That is 8991 people

In 2020, 6.6 deaths per 100,000 people in the United States died from heart disease that was linked to obesity. This was a triple increase from 1999, when the rate was 2.2 deaths per 100,000 people

21978 people

In the United States, about 38 million people have diabetes, and 90–95% of them have type 2 diabetes. This is about 1 in 10 people in the U.S.

Seems if you were really worried about people’s physical well being you would be worried about Burger King and the pork rinds……….

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just diabetes, heart disease and a multitude of other conditions. How many people suffer from those how many suffer from psychosis from smoking weed? So you were for New York banning large soft drinks at fast food place? Since it’s for the health of the people.

So a quick google search.

The incidence of cannabis-induced psychotic disorder is thought to be 2.7 per 100,000 person-years, with a conversion rate to a schizophrenia-spectrum disorders ranging between one-third and one-half.

That is 8991 people

In 2020, 6.6 deaths per 100,000 people in the United States died from heart disease that was linked to obesity. This was a triple increase from 1999, when the rate was 2.2 deaths per 100,000 people

21978 people

In the United States, about 38 million people have diabetes, and 90–95% of them have type 2 diabetes. This is about 1 in 10 people in the U.S.

Seems if you were really worried about people’s physical well being you would be worried about Burger King and the pork rinds……….
By this chart are you overweight or obese ?
IMG_0178.jpeg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pots heads I know ones a doctor one owns his own construction business and been on multiple sheep hunts in Alaska he is doing all right. Got a couple buddies who drank them selves to death got straight a in school got into booze after and to an early grave.

If you know enough people, your personal observations should roughly equal that overall stats. And, well...if you only know a few hundred, that may not be the case.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you know enough people, your personal observations should roughly equal that overall stats. And, well...if you only know a few hundred, that may not be the case.
Ya thats why going off who you know is statistically dumb unless your Ron Burgandy and know every one. You would have to know roughly 3.8 million people to make a deduction that might have some significance

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That chart is bullshit.

I'm 5'9" and stay between 165-170. According to that chart I'm overweight.

So using this my "ideal" weight is around 140-145 lbs.

The last time I weighed 140-145 I was running between 60-70 miles a week, eating like an absolute health freak, looked like I was sick and was absolutely starving all the time!! WAY too skinny....but I was fast!

EXTREMELY unrealistic!!

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another study:

There is now reasonable evidence from longitudinal studies that regular cannabis use predicts an increased risk of schizophrenia and of reporting psychotic symptoms. These relationships have persisted after controlling for confounding variables such as personal characteristics and other drug use. The relationships did not seem to be explained by cannabis being used to self-medicate symptoms of psychosis. A contributory causal relationship is biologically plausible because psychotic disorders involve disturbances in the dopamine neurotransmitter system with which the cannabinoid system interacts, as has been shown by animal studies and a human provocation study.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
Gotta look at whos funding those 'studies', there is a lot of bias built into studies... Have there been any studies regarding what getting stuck in the criminal justice system does to a person long term? I bet thats not great either.

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That chart is bullshit.

I'm 5'9" and stay between 165-170. According to that chart I'm overweight.

So using this my "ideal" weight is around 140-145 lbs.

The last time I weighed 140-145 I was running between 60-70 miles a week, eating like an absolute health freak, looked like I was sick and was absolutely starving all the time!! WAY too skinny....but I was fast!

EXTREMELY unrealistic!!
Get to your ideal weight and they'll start calling you scarecrow.😆

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya thats why going off who you know is statistically dumb unless your Ron Burgandy and know every one. You would have to know roughly 3.8 million people to make a deduction that might have some significance
Are you calling me dumb? Careful, I might get triggered :) Like Suppress said the other day, I don't believe anything nowadays unless I witness it for myself because everyone lies....so for this issue, I kinda go by what I have observed and don't really see the positive side of it. If it were legal already, I probably wouldn't vote to make it illegal but I don't see the upside of making it legal.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im 6'1 and go between 180-190 so im on the edge goal is to get to 170 by feb
I posted the chart to show you what the flawed statistics you posted were based on. even if you can reach 170 you are only a Thanksgiving dinner away from being overweight.

Brock Purdy (Mr. Relevant) Position: QB Throws: Right 6-1, 220lb - by this chart he is OBESE

Does anyone think Brock Purdy is OBESE ?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted the chart to show you what the flawed statistics you posted were based on. even if you can reach 170 you are only a Thanksgiving dinner away from being overweight.

Brock Purdy (Mr. Relevant) Position: QB Throws: Right 6-1, 220lb - by this chart he is OBESE

Does anyone think Brock Purdy is OBESE ?
I don’t think the chart really matters once you get blood work done that tells the story. If your on blood pressure meds your weight really means nothing. Know guys who smoke 2 packs a day weigh nothing but on bp meds. If you believe overall American people are healthy your dreaming. There is a reason big pharma makes so much money

On a side note Purdy is looking pretty average.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 20