Should ND legalize Marijuana

Should North Dakota legalize marijuana for recreational use ?

• Yes

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
1729167635613.png

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fully aware. We need less gov mint in our lives not more. They will try to regulate and tax it anyway possible. There is no problem anywhere in ND where a guy can't get weed within a hour max.
I wouldn't think about buying off the streets with all the crap they can spray on some bad weed to "spice" it up. I want THCV to eat if possible or drops that you put under your tongue. I want it from a controlled environment and know exactly what I am getting and the potency. THCV extract doesn't even get you high but still illegal for some reason. THCV is worth a google for anyone who is curious enough.
May I remind us that these are the types of people who represent us in our state government:

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2024...erg-behind-bars-violating-release-conditions/

1729047026592.png
That smirk and attitude

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bath salts and synthetic drugs are included in his numbers because of the medical coding system , there is no category for them so they are reported under marijuana. They are by far the majority of the numbers in the emergency room visits. His BS numbers are akin to the covid reporting system.
Davey, you mentioned cannabinoid receptors within the human body. I'm curious, what receptor site within the body is being stimulated by the synthetic drugs you've mentioned?

Is there a list of substances (drugs, medication, foods, homeopathics, vitamins, supplements) that stimulate (agonist or antagonist) the cannabinoid receptors?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't think about buying off the streets with all the crap they can spray on some bad weed to "spice" it up. I want THCV to eat if possible or drops that you put under your tongue. I want it from a controlled environment and know exactly what I am getting and the potency. THCV extract doesn't even get you high but still illegal for some reason. THCV is worth a google for anyone who is curious enough.

That smirk and attitude
Thats what people don’t understand it’s not just wanting a joint to get high. If the medical would not have been so messed up there would not be this push for recreational uses it’s just the morons have forced the hand

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, you mentioned cannabinoid receptors within the human body. I'm curious, what receptor site within the body is being stimulated by the synthetic drugs you've mentioned?

Is there a list of substances (drugs, medication, foods, homeopathics, vitamins, supplements) that stimulate (agonist or antagonist) the cannabinoid receptors?

That's a good question . I shun synthetics and all I know about them is the danger. Cannabinoid receptors are complicated , I don't understand them other than they exist. There is a ton of information out there that I've glanced at but I haven't dove down that rabbit hole.
https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5877694/

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

A couple things that stuck out in my head about synthetics after seeing them posted often are.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabinoids

"Researchers have pointed out a few ways that synthetic cannabinoids differ from marijuana, and therefore may be more dangerous. First, they often have greater intrinsic activity. Many of the synthetic cannabinoids are full agonists of the cannabinoids receptors, CB1 and CB2, compared to THC, which is only a partial agonist.[66]""

That tells me that even experienced users are at the same risk as a first time user. Or probably more if they smoke the usual amount as they would with natural and get all messed up. That and two different brands could do the exact opposite, who knows what might be in unregulated products ?

Adverse effects observed due to synthetic cannabinoid use include acute kidney injury, cardiac toxicity, seizure, stroke, tremor, hypokalemia, and rhabdomyolysis.[56][57][58][59][60][61] Some negative effects of 5F-PB-22 reported by users included nausea, vomiting, confusion, poor coordination, anxiety, and seizures. Some of the negative effects of 5F-AKB-48 reported by users included palpitations, paranoia, intense anxiety, and a taste like burned plastic.[12] In addition, while there are no fatal overdose cases linked to marijuana,[62] there are deaths linked to synthetic cannabinoids each year.[14][63][64] The most common mechanisms leading to death following synthetic cannabinoid use include behavioral risks, such as self-harm and suicide, falling from a height, and wandering into traffic; cardiovascular effects; and central nervous system depression.[65]

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 246
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44