Taxes...ugh

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually wait until April to visit the proctologist. Most times the paycheck from tax season is just big enough to get completely spent on the remainder of the previous years taxes that haven't been paid yet. And at that point I am also reminded that after about mid-April I am now working for myself as the previous 4+ months I was working for Uncle Sam.

ouch

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
federal income taxes rank right up there with North Dakota property taxes in regards to pain inflicted

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So a record year in the tax theft payment again this season.

Super happy with paying double what I made 20 years ago, and the billions of our cash that was "stolen" from us going to the Ukraine.

Something is going to have to change, as this isn't working.

And now saying they are potentially raising SS to age 70? not that I am relying on it, but its my cash, and I want it now...haha

sonsabitches, everyone of them

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every year it seems that tax season just gets to be a bigger pain in the arse than the one before.

And a bigger pain in the wallet, as well.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn makes my blood boil when I hear this shit, been like this for many years, work full time and then work my own business busting my ass paying quarterly taxes to worthless that dont and big dogs. Never heard my tax man tell me to go buy hotrod or classis car to write off, like other businesses. Never did figure out what the Futz I am doing wrong. Guess I need to do more business under the table.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only had to pay in half of what we normally do 😡 because the wife was on workmen's comp for 5 months :rolleyes: and you don't have to pay taxes on those earnings.
0 deductions ='s pay more than your share to support others. 🤬

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
TL, the standard deduction for a married couple was $24,000. As old as we are no interest payments. I didn't give that much to charities. Saved additional paper work.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do my own so maybe sometime in April will work on them. No withholding on my income i have so will have a few bucks going to feds and SS. Life, but due to planning have it better than many,
Since i and the wife quick working the bill is about 10% or less of what it was.

A few months ago, IRS sent me a few hundred bucks as they said i screw my numbers up for 2022. Will need to find out what i did wrong and hopefully not make the same mistake. db

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do my own so maybe sometime in April will work on them. No withholding on my income i have so will have a few bucks going to feds and SS. Life, but due to planning have it better than many,
Since i and the wife quick working the bill is about 10% or less of what it was.

A few months ago, IRS sent me a few hundred bucks as they said i screw my numbers up for 2022. Will need to find out what i did wrong and hopefully not make the same mistake. db
I would assume your taxes are thought to be pretty straight forward? Nonetheless, I hear far more about people having a mistake in their favor, than I do about owing new taxes. At this point I am thinking that's intentional and wonder how many the IRS doesn't review, leaving ???? Average Joes paying more than "their fair share"?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Filed as soon as I could, took money out of savings to pay property tax to get discount then put refund back in savings so its about a wash. Just robbed peter to pay paul and visa-versa. LB

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn makes my blood boil when I hear this shit, been like this for many years, work full time and then work my own business busting my ass paying quarterly taxes to worthless that dont and big dogs. Never heard my tax man tell me to go buy hotrod or classis car to write off, like other businesses. Never did figure out what the Futz I am doing wrong. Guess I need to do more business under the table.

Some tax planning goes a long ways. So does a new accountant that knows how to read the rules and helps you "adjust" accordingly 😁

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 38