Taxes...ugh

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well mrs johnr and I just finished up with our accountant, and as it turns out rather than my usual little return on my estimated taxes, I am having to write a sizable check this year.

I am not happy at all, as he is telling me about how we made more money this year, then he says "a oh you are going to be paying in this year". I love the part about being punished for doing better. We had no daycare expense this last year, no big home improvements, no outrageous business expenses, and brought in extra income.

Not sure if any one else has gone through a colonoscopy, but they are more fun.

Made me so mad, I wanted to punch that baby again.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
You should feel fortunate that you make so much money that you can afford to pay more in!! ::: Gotta love this time of year, write those checks for not paying "enough" in last year and follow that up with Q1 for this year. Love it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the first year I have all 1099 income. I entered a bit into turbo tax a few weeks ago and freaked out. I am currently do everything I can to avoid it. Top it off the IRS was nice enough to return one of my estimated payments because I sent it in to earlly. I'm sure I'll be penalized for that somehow aswell.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
gotta love when you leave the tax place knowing you gotta still pay in X amount and then you hear about people getting 8 grand back that flip burgers or work at walmart. really makes a guy happy he busts his ass all year just to be pillaged one last time

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
gotta love when you leave the tax place knowing you gotta still pay in X amount and then you hear about people getting 8 grand back that flip burgers or work at walmart. really makes a guy happy he busts his ass all year just to be pillaged one last time

Messed up isn't it!

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well mrs johnr and I just finished up with our accountant, and as it turns out rather than my usual little return on my estimated taxes, I am having to write a sizable check this year.

I am not happy at all, as he is telling me about how we made more money this year, then he says "a oh you are going to be paying in this year". I love the part about being punished for doing better. We had no daycare expense this last year, no big home improvements, no outrageous business expenses, and brought in extra income.

Not sure if any one else has gone through a colonoscopy, but they are more fun.

Made me so mad, I wanted to punch that baby again.

I have been singing the same tune as you and many others like this for the past couple years. Really gets my blood boiling when I think about it, I try not to as hard as that is.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it wasn't for buying a house this year I would have had the same problem. I just love how our system is set up to screw the hard working successful people. My parents are both retired, don't claim any exemptions, so they are taking out the full amount of taxes on everything they make throughout the year and still have to pay in. How ridiculous is that? Yet a family friend who has a 15 year old son, is getting social security every month because both of his parents had children late in life and retired early. So because of that his kid gets a social security check until he is 18!!!

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Without all the major deductions, you just need to start investing more. That might help alleviate some of the pain of having to pay in. That or pop out another kid....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Invest in medical Marijuana stocks, the stock went up 130% because a study showed MM actually stopped epileptic seizures. Got to start thinking about the bigger picture when it comes to investments, a good broker can help, ask some of those rich farmers that don't pay taxes instead invest in new homes, new machinery, or new north face jackets. If farmers can go without paying taxes when everyone in town see the new pickup in the drive. Those children of welfare mom's didn't ask to be brought into this world of misery.

- - - Updated - - -

Without all the major deductions, you just need to start investing more. That might help alleviate some of the pain of having to pay in. That or pop out another kid....
^^^^^ this

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fair tax system. a X% sales tax on everything across the board. no income tax. that way everyone who buys something pays the exact amount dollar for dollar. It doesn't matter if you make your money by pulling wrenches, flying planes, farming, or selling drugs. if you buy something, you pay the tax.
Pretty simple to me but then again im just a lowly grease monkey in Midwest ND

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is why I am voting for Bernie. He has some really neat ideas of redistributing the wealth of hard working American to those that are bottom feeders that need it so much more.:::

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do they have payment plans?

I didn't ask, mrs johnr just took it out of my summer of johnr fund. I was eyeballing a new Harley, looks like the local welfare moms are going to get my hog money...

#whiteprivilegefeelshorrible

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41