Thanksgiving Feast!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone going big time? I have the smoker out and ready. It's going to be ribs, a roast, and probably a pile of chicken legs. The wife has a stack of pies already made, with more on the way! The Thanksgiving gluttony festival is always one of the best days of the year for our crew.

What is everyone doing for their Thanksgiving food?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sweatpants will be the norm until the middle of next week. LB

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smoked Pork and Turkey Breast from my smoker, From scratch pumpkin pie and cherry pie (no canned filling all picked fresh), garden grown green beans and potatoes, and all the trimmings. Not to mention a fully stocked bar and cold beer. Could be fun.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Turkey , stuffing , mashed potatoes and gravy, big ham , French Silk chocolate and Pumpkin pie , and lets not forget a little wine thrown in

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I had to make a list of good meals we make, the typical Thanksgiving meal would be on about page 3. But my wife is making me do it. I personally can't stand turkey, but I got one in the brine to throw on the smoker. Didn't realize turkey is only like $1.20/lb. And stuffing is like $3. And potatoes come from the garden. If Thanksgiving food is so great, why don't people make it once a month? For the amount of food ya get, it's cheaper than anything else a guy can make.

We always head up to the mountains the Friday after to get our Christmas tree so I do look forward to that. And then broom ball and ice fishing at a friend's on the lake Saturday. And then we gotta prep the garage and gear for my wife's moose tag starting on December 1st!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seeing how it’s only going to be me the wife and my 85 year old mother-in-law

Hotdogs and tater tots it is😘

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traditional Thanksgiving meal is one of the most overrated meals on the planet. On top of that, it always seems like I have to travel, and am at the mercy of other people's cooking. For once, I'd like to just stay the F home, and cook what I want, how I want it.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Homemade stuffing and gravy made from the drippins'......o_Oo_Oo_O

And a glass of good red wine really hits differently during the Holiday season :D

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
We usually do most of the traditional sides/desserts but have substituted the turkey for ribeyes the past few years and that seems to go over pretty well...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76