The Bite

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
"The Bite". You guys know what I'm talking about. Any day now it should turn on like a light switch. We gotta be real close. I'm talking big lake here. Anybody else have thoughts? I usually chase the bite starting out west and move east. This time I don't think I will. Gunna stick with the east end and grind it out over there starting late next week, timing should be close. Just getting impatient I guess.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to roll over that direction first part of July. I thunk this may be the year

- - - Updated - - -

Of the big bite

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Not sure what ur getting at. Been catching fish for the last three weeks from Douglas to garrison.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to roll over that direction first part of July. I thunk this may be the year

- - - Updated - - -

Of the big bite

Not sure why you'd leave devils unless you've become a full on bottom bouncer fisherman now...:)

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Camped at Stevenson this past weekend...fished 4 times-big lake and Audubon...caught nothing but pike and smallies, used minnows/crawlers/plastics/cranks/spinners...couldn't get on any eyes...maybe the heat forecast for later this week will turn the eyes on? Water temp on the big lake still only 56-58 where I was at...

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blaming the crazy weather and smelt die off as a reason why Sakakawea has been poor, I actually had better luck in March by the embankment. Audobon I blame on that ridiculous idea of draining and then refilling the lake. About all that did was grow mossy crap in the deeper pools.

I expect audobon will start producing sometime in the next week or two, and Sakakawea might be dead all year, especially on the east end.

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what you guys are talking about...Audobon seems alright to me FullSizeRender.jpg

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Too all on here, take these reports with a grain of salt. First off the fishing has been pretty good with lots of limits the past few weeks. Just look at the cleaning station when u pull out. Second u can't even call it a smelt die off down on the lower end of the lake it was so minor.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My hands hurt from handling about 50 fish yesterday. Especially after removing a double hooked treble out of my thumb. They are biting.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO - the east end starts in July - the big bite -- any die off of smelt will be gone or rotting by then. As with any body of water - the water has to warm up

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84