Top of the Morning!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
(y)(y) V. I hate sheetrock. I am finishing up with a cemetery research and inventory. Extremely interesting. Going to the church today to help peel apples and bake pies for Apple Fest.
And no I did not spend a whole night in the cemetery when the full moon came. Oldest daughter thought I should.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. Regional x-country meet is in the rear view. State x-country this Friday, then onto 🏀.
Coached Gavin’s team last night. I let him take his sling off to shoot around. He was tickled pink about that.
I am headed to Rapid City for a conference Tuesday-Thursday. Looking forward to the conference, but that is a long drive.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good morning. Regional x-country meet is in the rear view. State x-country this Friday, then onto 🏀.
Coached Gavin’s team last night. I let him take his sling off to shoot around. He was tickled pink about that.
I am headed to Rapid City for a conference Tuesday-Thursday. Looking forward to the conference, but that is a long drive.
If you are a coffee shop guy, check out Harriet & Oak, they make an amazing home made pop tart! Also, Philly Ted’s makes an amazing Philly Cheesesteak

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. It is a nice frosty morning, but the 7 day outlook looks nice. Hopefully some get out for a last fishing outing or two.

I was under the weather for a solid week! Feeling quite a bit better now, but the wife is now sick. The kids all got sick as well, but they recover a lot quicker.

Off to work. Have a solid hump day, folks.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope the household gets healthy. Forecast looks good for the next week or so before we see a dip in temps and increase in moisture. Glad I put up all the high Christmas lights that required extension ladder. I hate putting those damn things up when it’s cold.

Hope to get out and shoot some pheasants this weekend. Annual gun raffle is Friday at the Dickinson Eagles…hope to get lucky and win “something”. ;)

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
As many of you gun enthusiasts know, Winchester has a recall on the Model 100 firing pin due to possible breakage and unintentional firing. I have been aware of it for years but have not been hunting with the rifle so ignored it but I finally removed the original firing pin and sent it to Winchester. After several weeks I received a new redesigned pin and eventually a check for $30 to cover the cost of hiring a gunsmith (which I did not do). This morning I am taking the old girl that I bought in 1968 to the range to make sure it operates properly and tweak the scope if necessary. I've had it apart before and it has always worked again but just want to make sure.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning! Morning! I just had my first cup of coffee and onto my second.

I am going to try some shore fishing in an unlikely area today, just to see if it produces by chance.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shutting all the lights off in house and practice setting in my kitchen deer blind with a great cup of coffee. LB

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shutting all the lights off in house and practice setting in my kitchen deer blind with a great cup of coffee. LB
Sounds like heaven.

I'm going to try another off-beat shore fishing spot today. Didn't have any luck yesterday.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. It has been a busy run, lately. I coach one of my kids travel basketball teams and that has been going steady.

A short week at work, then maybe some ice fishing over the holiday.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mornin' Nothing too spectacular today. Painting a room in the shop today along with the regular chores. Looking foreword to Thursday and having a good sit down feast. That is all. Be safe out there fellas.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading out to Dickinson tonight for the last prelims of the Army's West big buck contest.
The finals will be next Tuesday (11/29) @ 7pm MST with the top 6 mule deer & top 6 whitetails called back for final taping and placement.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Deer is in the freezer. All three of my sons and their families are on there way to my house for the feast and a little football. Lots of pesky roosters in my tree rows so they will clean some of them out. I'm excited.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading out to Dickinson tonight for the last prelims of the Army's West big buck contest.
The finals will be next Tuesday (11/29) @ 7pm MST with the top 6 mule deer & top 6 whitetails called back for final taping and placement.
Been years since I have gone to that. The last one I went to was a shit show, took past 11pm to do the scoring, and that is when I had had enough and left. It was back in the smoking in bars days, so that didn't help any either.
congrats to those that win, place, etc.
Hope its a better now, sitting in a bar during a week night all night is not the thing for me, even if I had a rack in the contest.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Deer is in the freezer. All three of my sons and their families are on there way to my house for the feast and a little football. Lots of pesky roosters in my tree rows so they will clean some of them out. I'm excited.
Wonder why so many roosters this year. I have a flock of about 15 pheasants and only two hens in it and yes thinning out half the roosters is in order. LB

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Morning gentlemen....Doe is hanging up, short week at work, small feast with family on thurs. and maybe take some roosters down over the weekend. You all take care!!!! Pray thanks we not having a snow storm over the holidays, thats a plus!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Good morning. Good morning.
I have another busy day in the office, some old man basketball this evening, and supper with the in-laws tonight. The put a roast into the slow-cooker last night, so I’m looking forward to that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75