Trolling motors and Humminbird graph

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally got out fishing yesterday, When I deploy my trolling motor my graph shuts down.
I got home yesterday I checked all my wires on my batteries,there has to be something wrong but I'm not finding it, Has anyone ever seen this before.
By the way Beaver Bay and Cattail bay was slow when i talked to other boaters at the ramp they said same thing

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you running them off the same battery ? I have a Humminbird on the same battery as the big motor. When I start the big motor Hummingbird shuts down.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your graph should be on your starting battery. Your trolling motor on its own trolling battery. If your graph is on tm battery it's doomed to "kick out" due to voltage drop caused by trolling motor pulling the voltage down.

if they are on totally separate batteries with no common ground (as it should be) then I'm stumped.

Do u have universal sonar on tm that's connected to graph?

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Universal sonar on the trolling motor is hooked up to a Lowrance up front and that one works fine. my graphs are hooked up to starting battery. My Hummingbird and trolling Motor are linked together if that maybe the problem I think I screwed something up when I installed my batteries this spring maybe I was careful on keeping the wires marked and seperated

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46