TV recyclers

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does does anyone know if there is a electronics recycler in the Bismarck Mandan area that does pickups? I know the dump takes them on certain days but this is literally the heaviest TV ever made and it takes all of two guys to move it. With that much metal in it i figured I would see if a private recycler wanted it first.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dropped an old tube 32in T.V. off at Best Buy a few weeks ago. They don't take them anymore if they're that big. I went in a spoke with customer service and told them I had a t.v., printer, old cell, and few other things. I loaded up the cart with the t.V. at the bottom and piled the other things over it. I brought it in, the customer service person said they don't take t.v.'s like that. I replied, I'm just gonna leave it here. I then walked away.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dropped an old tube 32in T.V. off at Best Buy a few weeks ago. They don't take them anymore if they're that big. I went in a spoke with customer service and told them I had a t.v., printer, old cell, and few other things. I loaded up the cart with the t.V. at the bottom and piled the other things over it. I brought it in, the customer service person said they don't take t.v.'s like that. I replied, I'm just gonna leave it here. I then walked away.

And then they mailed your old cell phone to ISIS.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does does anyone know if there is a electronics recycler in the Bismarck Mandan area that does pickups? I know the dump takes them on certain days but this is literally the heaviest TV ever made and it takes all of two guys to move it. With that much metal in it i figured I would see if a private recycler wanted it first.
Must be an old Sony Vega HD tube tv, I have one as well and Dread every time I need to move it, but it still works so it stays. Some day I may join the 21 century lol. But hey I have a 9 year old Casio GZone phone that won't die either and I refuse to let it go until it does. I am cheap that way if it works it stays.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must be an old Sony Vega HD tube tv, I have one as well and Dread every time I need to move it, but it still works so it stays. Some day I may join the 21 century lol. But hey I have a 9 year old Casio GZone phone that won't die either and I refuse to let it go until it does. I am cheap that way if it works it stays.
Yeah its a 36 inch Wega that comes in at 240 pounds with no friking handles!

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you have to take them yourself --City of Bismarck household recycle 2111 n 52 tues, Thursday, first and third Saturdays 9am to 2pm the only place I know off

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you two can get together, and :;:help each other with the TVs?? :;:huh Maybe go for a ;:;boozerafter your done.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha Ha yep same one /size I have. :;:help
look like yours? man she was fun getting her down the steps!!!!

Screenshot_2016-02-23-17-58-59.jpg

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moved the 36" Sony tube TV downstairs last week. Still works as good as new. Problem was getting it there. Had help with it from a guy that holds some "natural" ND weightlifting records. Think he will rent out to you for a few cold blue ones!! Dolly was a must as like others have said; no good hand holds on it. He laughed at me when i brought the "BIG" dolly in too!! I'm sure he appreciated it, I sure did.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have noticed lately you just put your old tv, fridge, or freezer in any ditch or roadside in the Bismarck area and the "recyclers" will pick them up in about a week.:::

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bingo, got one of those Sony's also 32". Works like a champ except not HD . Its free to whomever can get it out of my basement

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone explain the magnets comment please. I think it takes some big ass magnets to wipe hard drives. And I'm not sure they are capable of wiping solid state stuff like ram and cell phone memory. No?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Youve probably paid more in electricity for that old TV in the last few years than a totally new BETTER TV would have cost you. Got a 50" LED Black Friday for $200 not long ago, uses less electricity than a 100w lightbulb!

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truth be told My wife and I probably watch an hour of tv a day at most, local news for me and maybe an occasional show here and there.
In the summer time its even less.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93