Vikings (10 wins)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few things I want to say about the disappointing loss today. First off hats off to you coach Zimmer you lead your team by example, a strong leader that handles his team with class and heart, I wouldn't want another head coach in the league leading our Vikings. Secondly, Walsh missed a 27 yard chip shot. Be pissed all you want but he knows he missed a gimme and I can guarantee you as an athlete nothing anyone will say about him will be worse then what will be replaying in his head for years. Your leg is the only reason we had a shot on this game. So good for you! A 47 yard field goal with room to spare in below zero temps... Just wow. Way to go and a great season you had. There will be all sorts of ignorant stuff about typical Vikings choking. But is it really choking when you have a season that was way above and beyond what anyone thought they would do this season. Won the NFC north and had to go to Lambeau to do it. Never would have guessed that was something we would be able to get done. Way to go Vikes. You played your asses off all season and I couldn't be happier to say I will always bleed purple great season guys and I can't wait to see what happens in the offseason! SKOL!!!!!!

Excellent

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great season and a typical Vikings loss. Excited about next year!

My reaction after the missed kick;
29xiyck.jpg

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Typical Vikings fail. Build up the fans hopes and then crush them at the end. Not sure why I keep watching.;:;banghead

Pederson is just as responsible for the loss as Walsh. He basically gave Seattle the game winning FG with that fumble. He fumbles in every big game. Trade him! Cut the punter Locke and sign NDSU's LeCompte!

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think if people put as much effort and passion into their lives as they do for football, this world would be such a better place. No?

On the other hand, I have to give it up for you Vikes fans. ;:;bowdown
How many times do you have to be let down before you change teams?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think if people put as much effort and passion into their lives as they do for football, this world would be such a better place. No?

CHANGE TEAMS?? Anyone who can "change" teams was never a true fan, but a bandwagon fan anyway.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member

All of my older siblings, and parents, were Viking/Twins fans. When I was 8yo my cousin moved to Minot from Pennsylvania and had a Pirate pennant on her bedroom wall. I was so transfixed by the pirate logo I said to myself, that day, that is my team!! It then migrated to football and hockey, today I'm all about the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers; the entire city in Black/Gold.

Bump ahead 43 years later and I'm still a Steelers fan. I can't figure out for the life of me why people are still affixed to the Vikings!! They've gone 0-4 in the Superbowl and the way their front office operates, they'll never get to the Show in the next decade either. Fifty plus years without a ring????

I (sort of) feel sorry for those that love and follow the PPE's. How many times can you hear "this is the year" and be let down time after time, after time again?!?!

HOWEVER..... stop placing blame on any one person. It wasn't Walsh's fault, Adrian's, Zimmer's, etc. It's the organization and the culture they breed. If the coaches and players are truly committed, but the front office isn't.... it spells trouble. The Superbowl teams winning multiple trophies had to have players on OFFENSE, DEFENSE, and SPECIAL TEAMS. They needed depth. They required commitment. With today's salary cap it is truly special when a team can produce winning seasons year after year, playoff after playoff with talented players all over the roster. That's what the Vikings don't have.

I tip my hat to you Skol-lovers. You've got it tough and you're the perennial whipping boys of the NFL-crash-and-burn club. That's a hard one to swallow, I'm sure.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
a little story about changing teams... i've got a cousin who had been a vikes fan for his entire 40+ years of life. we were at the bar one day watching a packers game for some god forsaken reason and aaron rodgers throws a TD. my cousin stands up and starts cheering and does the little hands around the waist championship belt motion. i look at him and say something along the lines of "WTF dude!?" he says something like, "oh. you didn't know. i crossed over. i'm a packers fan now. i just got sick and tired of cheering for a losing team and being disappointed year after year. life is short. i want to enjoy cheering for my team. you should try it. after a few games, you will forget you ever cheered for those losers." i thought to myself... "self. he has a good point." got to appreciated his honesty too. in fairness, i think he is still a vikings fan. but, he just numbs the pain and cheers for the packers from time to time to bring some joy into his life.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The vikes played a good game against a very good team. a team loses or wins on the play of the whole team. Sh*t happens. Just another day. Go Vikes. yea I bleed Purple!:;:thumbsup

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of my older siblings, and parents, were Viking/Twins fans. When I was 8yo my cousin moved to Minot from Pennsylvania and had a Pirate pennant on her bedroom wall. I was so transfixed by the pirate logo I said to myself, that day, that is my team!! It then migrated to football and hockey, today I'm all about the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers; the entire city in Black/Gold.

Bump ahead 43 years later and I'm still a Steelers fan. I can't figure out for the life of me why people are still affixed to the Vikings!! They've gone 0-4 in the Superbowl and the way their front office operates, they'll never get to the Show in the next decade either. Fifty plus years without a ring????

I (sort of) feel sorry for those that love and follow the PPE's. How many times can you hear "this is the year" and be let down time after time, after time again?!?!

HOWEVER..... stop placing blame on any one person. It wasn't Walsh's fault, Adrian's, Zimmer's, etc. It's the organization and the culture they breed. If the coaches and players are truly committed, but the front office isn't.... it spells trouble. The Superbowl teams winning multiple trophies had to have players on OFFENSE, DEFENSE, and SPECIAL TEAMS. They needed depth. They required commitment. With today's salary cap it is truly special when a team can produce winning seasons year after year, playoff after playoff with talented players all over the roster. That's what the Vikings don't have.

I tip my hat to you Skol-lovers. You've got it tough and you're the perennial whipping boys of the NFL-crash-and-burn club. That's a hard one to swallow, I'm sure.

I think zim is changing alot of that feeling of how it was with any other coach. Alot of guys who were around when Bud was the coach are saying this is the first time since him they have had a head coach that they believe in.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heart breaking.
I am still drinking my coffee out of my Vikings mug, with purple pride.
I personally never have been a winner either, so we fit together like peas and carrots.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a packer fan this game didn't mean much to be but was texting back and forth with my friend who bleeds purple and gold. It was clear the Vikings had Wilson on tilt the first 45 minutes of the game. Talking to him we were both waiting for the other shoe to drop or more accurately put the ball to drop. People will blame the kicker but he was just the last guy to screw up that day. To me it all came down to the bad snap play for the Hawks where they turned a 20 yard loss into damn near a touchdown. From that point on they started playing better and the Vikings started playing like the Vikings we know from the playoffs gone by. To loss in that way has to be about the worst way possible and I can't even imagine the feeling of that gut punch!

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
vikes dominated all but about 5 plays of that entire game. it just effing stings! at least this was the wild card round. but, i had a great feeling about the rest of the playoffs. the cardinals were going down next week and with this defense, i would've taken even money on carolina and 2 to 1 against anyone else still playing in the nfc. faaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwkkkkkk meeeeeeeee!

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heart breaking.
I am still drinking my coffee out of my Vikings mug, with purple pride.
I personally never have been a winner either, so we fit together like peas and carrots.

But in all reality, what does a football team have to do with one's personal life? The life of a fan? The answer is nothing. Win, lose, or draw, it is just entertainment. Personally I can count on one hand how many football games I have watched in their entirety. Dont even get me started on how boring baseball is. I'm sure I'll get some negative rep for not being a football fanatic, but oh well.

Your always a winner in my book, johnr. And you're neat!

Last edited:

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
But in all reality, what does a football team have to do with one's personal life? The life of a fan? The answer is nothing. Win, lose, or draw, it is just entertainment.

If more people could understand this it would be awesome. I work with a few sea hawk fans and the last 3 years they have been the poorest sports ive ever seen. its terrible. If people gave a crap about politics and bettering our country and much as they care about a damn game we would be in alot better shape.
And yes Im a football fan. but when "My" team loses i change the channel and move on with my life, same with a win. life consists of alot more important thing than football.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a packer fan this game didn't mean much to be but was texting back and forth with my friend who bleeds purple and gold. It was clear the Vikings had Wilson on tilt the first 45 minutes of the game. Talking to him we were both waiting for the other shoe to drop or more accurately put the ball to drop. People will blame the kicker but he was just the last guy to screw up that day. To me it all came down to the bad snap play for the Hawks where they turned a 20 yard loss into damn near a touchdown. From that point on they started playing better and the Vikings started playing like the Vikings we know from the playoffs gone by. To loss in that way has to be about the worst way possible and I can't even imagine the feeling of that gut punch!

Do you remember the nfc championship game last year?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
a little story about changing teams... i've got a cousin who had been a vikes fan for his entire 40+ years of life. we were at the bar one day watching a packers game for some god forsaken reason and aaron rodgers throws a TD. my cousin stands up and starts cheering and does the little hands around the waist championship belt motion. i look at him and say something along the lines of "WTF dude!?" he says something like, "oh. you didn't know. i crossed over. i'm a packers fan now. i just got sick and tired of cheering for a losing team and being disappointed year after year. life is short. i want to enjoy cheering for my team. you should try it. after a few games, you will forget you ever cheered for those losers." i thought to myself... "self. he has a good point." got to appreciated his honesty too. in fairness, i think he is still a vikings fan. but, he just numbs the pain and cheers for the packers from time to time to bring some joy into his life.

Your cousin is a band wagon fan, and was never a true vikings fan. Just like he isn't a true Packers fan now. He's a reed that bends which ever way the wind is blowing. With that mindset, you could change teams at halftime.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes rowdie. we get that. and the fact that he had no shame for it makes it all the more entertaining to me.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will this thread die already so I can think about how good they could be next year. Instead of living in the past.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will this thread die already so I can think about how good they could be next year. Instead of living in the past.

You have a point we are not packers fans. Superbowl 2016 calling my shot right now then will be the first team to play at home and win it. Go vikes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 4
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1