Wedding diet.......

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well im sitting about 3 months away from my wedding and the fiance is ready to shed our winter weight and get camera ready!
A. dieting is for the birds but happy wife happy life
B. please tell me there are all sorts of wild animals and fish that i can eat that are super good for me?

what has and has not worked for you guys? we will also be doing some exercising too,
tips, pointers, ways to keep myself motivated.. anything will help me on my endeavor!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and as far as the wild animals go how do you cook them to make them good for you, because i know the fishing i eat that are deep fried are probably not the route to go?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from deep fried goodness. My family's diet contains a ton of wild game, but we grill or pan sear almost all of it. The way I see it, seasoning/heat/meat can't be bad for you.

Otherwise lots of unprocessed foods. I guess fresh vegetables are best, but not always practical. Get frozen veggies or canned. No, frozen French fries or canned cocktail weenies don't count.

Otherwise try to eat three square meals a day. Start with a breakfast of eggs, oatmeal and maybe some fresh fruit, and coffee.

Then just try to keep away from the junk food, lay off the booze as much as you can muster (my rule is none during the week), and stop drinking pop. Substitute with as much water as you can handle.

If you eat like crap, this alone may help. And if you're worried about portion control, recall the advice about water. Believe it or not, drinking that around meals actually keeps you pretty full.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did p90x and ran two half marathons. I still looked fat. How you look in your wedding picture is not important.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all mental, if you want it you can achieve it.
As far as food goes, stay away from processed crap. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, cut out soda and drink lots of water. Bake your fish man, it's a nice change of pace. Lots of good recipes on the net for baking fish to try. Good luck and congrats!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
lay off the booze as much as you can muster (my rule is none during the week).

179b4ae1cfd873538293e103ee1080a37f9574e36868ee9227f4d1f48658cf83.jpg

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 months? You still have time for pizza and beer. But if you are trying to be good already then you could start with stocking up on the bags of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. We usually just season and bake/grill. Sides of brown rice, green veggies or quinoa. Venison is pretty lean already so that is a good go to. As far as fish goes I like it fried but if the boss says no then we'll either just season and broil or use shore lunch oven mix. I rarely use butter for anything. Plain greek yogurt can be a substitute in a lot of recipes and normally you can't tell the difference. I can say the best thing for me has been just working out consistently and eating (somewhat) right. That means I don't get to walk over to grand junction 3 times a week for lunch.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes and the booze can really kill a diet. If you're really trying to cut back cut out beer as much as possible. I will say I skipped that step.

silentbob

Founding Member
Founding Member
no shit, lost 40 pounds (granted i was very overweight, 5'11" @ 285) in a month and a half for a hunting trip with this diet. http://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/ nice thimg is you can eat a fatty steak and not worry. you are cutting carbs, but increasing your fat intake. makes you feel like crap the first few days you get into "ketosis" but your body adjusts.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well i dont drink hardly any beer as it is let alone the weekends, mostly whiskey and water or on the rocks, so i should still be good to go there, ive been working my way toward not drinking pop... this is turning out to be one of the harder things to kick.. much harder than i had thought ill have to look into the baked fish recipes for sure and we just got done making all our venison into bologna.. 240 lbs of it to be exact its a half pork half venison with about 20 lbs of pork fat in there.. how bad is that bologna for me?

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're looking for some simple recipes to spice up the healthy stuff, go to www.allrecipes.com and search the healthy food sections. I have tried a bunch of the recipes, and they were all pretty good. Salmon, tuna and nuts are your friends for good fats. White albacore tuna in the packet is good on the go, but try to find some ahi tuna steaks if you can. They are delicious! As someone else has already mentioned, veggies, brown rice, and quinoa are all excellent choices for side dishes. Again, you can find recipes that incorporate all of them online. Limit your intake of red meat to once or twice (at the most) a week. Lots of chicken, fish and pork loin. Eggs and spinach with a side of grapefruit in the morning will hold me over pretty well until lunch. If you need a snack, a handful of almonds, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese will usually curb the appetite for a while.

Good luck! I'm getting married in a shade over a month, so I know how you feel.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just stop eating. Had rotavirus a couple months ago, couldn't keep any food in my body for like 4 days. Little Gatorade can take you a long way. Damn my pants were huge by the time I started eating again.

I should be a life coach.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from deep fried goodness. My family's diet contains a ton of wild game, but we grill or pan sear almost all of it. The way I see it, seasoning/heat/meat can't be bad for you.

Otherwise lots of unprocessed foods. I guess fresh vegetables are best, but not always practical. Get frozen veggies or canned. No, frozen French fries or canned cocktail weenies don't count.

Otherwise try to eat three square meals a day. Start with a breakfast of eggs, oatmeal and maybe some fresh fruit, and coffee.

Then just try to keep away from the junk food, lay off the booze as much as you can muster (my rule is none during the week), and stop drinking pop. Substitute with as much water as you can handle.

If you eat like crap, this alone may help. And if you're worried about portion control, recall the advice about water. Believe it or not, drinking that around meals actually keeps you pretty full.

This is about perfect and ive done diets similar to this. Cutting out that pop can make a huge noticeable difference. I hardly drink pop unless theres morgan in it....

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would pack on about 30 and see if she still wants to get married.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remember: If you rub the food on a piece of paper and it turns clear, it's your window to weight gain;)

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Limit to 1800 calories per day and try to lose 2 lbs per week. Not easy but I do it about every 2 years when my weight creeps back up because I start eating too much after awhile.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just stop eating. Had rotavirus a couple months ago, couldn't keep any food in my body for like 4 days. Little Gatorade can take you a long way. Damn my pants were huge by the time I started eating again.

I should be a life coach.

Screw rotavirus. The trendiest dieters know that tape worms are where it's at. Eat all the crap you want and let that little champ suck up all the extra goodness for you.

#thintowin #holdonwhatspokingoutofmybutt

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn’t call it dieting rather healthy choices…white breads, carbs and high fatty processed foods are killers…three balanced meals is important for metabolism. Fruits, vegetables, chicken, pork, fish. Bake foods rather than fry them. Beer is bad lots of empty calories. And of course exercise…you don’t have to go nuts and hit the gym every day, just get out and walk or ride bike a few times a week. If you haven’t focused on losing weight simple diet changes and a little added exercise go along way you’ll probably drop 15-20 pounds in the first month…the challenge as always is keeping it off.

Yotkilr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a little under the 3 month mark. She is on some crazy diet as I sit next to her enjoying my bacon cheese burger.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14