Where do I get vacuum sealing bags?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got one of these handy machines and I dig it. Seems to me someone posted a place to get these bags in bulk online? I think it was maybe guywhovacuumsealseverything?

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch Sam's Club. They put bags on sale from time to time. Works out to about $5 a roll.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Menards occasionally has great deals on the traditional bags. Most of the time the bags end up cheaper than rolls. What a screw job that is.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only thing I vacuum seal any more is fish and some homemade bacon. Got so sick of those expensive bags getting a tiny hole in them and ruining whatever is in them. Most of my stuff is now wrapped in plastic wrap first and then butcher paper. Lasts a long time. Keeps just as well.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check your butcher supply stores. I get bags at Valley Store Supply here in Minot. They have pre-made bags of different sizes that work great. I believe they are a heavier duty bag than what comes on the rolls. Works great when making sausage as we don't have to spend time making bags, just stuff em and seal em.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Capital City Restaurant Supply in north Bismarck has them in stock and at a really good price.

sheds

Founding Member
Founding Member
What brewcrew said! Thats where i get mine already presealed on 1 side sure saves time from making them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing I vacuum seal any more is fish and some homemade bacon. Got so sick of those expensive bags getting a tiny hole in them and ruining whatever is in them. Most of my stuff is now wrapped in plastic wrap first and then butcher paper. Lasts a long time. Keeps just as well.

I switched to thicker bags (penny more a bag)

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah, I know I could spend a little more on better bags too. But to be honest, I like how much quicker it is too process as well when not vacuum sealing.

- - - Updated - - -

And like I said, I have next to no freezer burn waste anyway with wrapping.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I buy my bags from Cabelas a little more cost but no big deal as I only use a coupla hundred a year.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep capital city restaurant supply.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34