Whose gott a .....

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nose cold, raise your hand :mad: and I'm going fishing sat I don't give a titty sprinkles.....everytime the weather changes...I get a friggin cold..cmon warmer weather..get your arse here..tired of this chit...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember I got a bottle of butterscotch schnapps ...might as well make a hot toddy later tonight...(grin)

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drambuie,

It's a Scotch Whiskey with the honey already in it. Warm it up in a glass. Inhale the vapor with each sip. 5 ounces ought to do it. In the morning your cold will be gone.

And, it ain't too bad as an after dinner or night cap.

Last edited:

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
getting over bronchitis, almost 3 weeks on antibiotics, was close to being pneumonia and in the hospital. Feeling much better now.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you guys get flu shots ? For years I said I don't need no stinkin flu shot then next thing you know I have 5 grand kids under the age of 4 years old and quite often we went to Fargo to hang out for a few days I would get sick. Plus my Doc has been on me pretty hard for a while so last fall I gave in and Had pneumonia and flu shots . knock on wood , So far so good.

[h=3]How a Common Cold Starts[/h]You can catch it from another person who is infected with the virus. This usually happens if you touch a surface that has germs on it -- a computer keyboard, doorknob, or spoon, for example -- and then touch your nose or mouth. You can also catch it if you're near someone who is sick and sneezes into the air

- - - Updated - - -

Adequate sleep and eating descent will ward off most things.

It's getting hard to get ahold of, Saw some online but it was already down by the time I tried to order.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Flu shots are a joke. IMO! Got one quite a few years ago and the proceeded to be the sickest I've ever been. Haven't gotten one since, n wallah, not sick. Except for a sniffle here or plugged nose there.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple years ago I didn't get a flu shot and was sick for a month. Dudes from Vegas working on my house gave it to me and I gave it to a friend that was giving me crap for being sick so long. :;:muahaha

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ant time I feel any cold symptoms coming on I drink unsweetened grapefruit juice. Lots of it. Seems to help plus vodka and tequila both go very well with it.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
haven't had a fu shot in years

Ditto. Can't even remember the last time I got one, and I maybe catch a cold once a year. Wife has to get one due to her occupation and she gets sick way more than I do.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't gotten a flu shot in like...years...and I like to steer away from them as like most of you said, you'll just get sick after getting it, so whats the use? Everybody's immune system is different and handles the flu shot differently. Feeling better this am, not as stuffy as I was yesterday, I'm on the mend....and I'm going fishing tomorrow..enough said.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had a flu shot and I can count how many times I've had the flu on one hand. If I feel a sore throat or congestion, I take some colloidal silver (homeopathic remedy) and I'm usually good the next day.

Those of you guys that have had to take antibiotics for any reason, get on a good probiotic (one that needs to be in the fridge or a yogurt with a lot of live cultures) to help you get back to normal. Antibiotics are great for a lot things but they don't zero in on the offending bacteria.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12