Williston's Menards is set to open...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next week...which will end the era of williston people running to Minot for lumber/constuction material that the local yards don't keep in their inventory...My brother does egress windows and always has to go to Minot to get stuff for his jobs....not any more....lol

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove by there the other day going to Sportsman's Warehouse which I forgot was even there until I saw an add at a urinal. Don't think I could go to one without spending money at both.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was at sportmans warehouse last week...and menards was loaded with semi after semi waiting to get unload...quite a site to see that many tractor trailers up there...

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least I can work there after the oil fields shuts down. Oh wait that will be closed to cause nobody will be building. Guess I can work at the Minot one.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what the intended open date was but I think it was quite awhile ago. I'm not sure the number but I bet it's large the amount of cash lost because of the hold up.

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad they completely missed the building boom up there. Unless oil hits $100+ a barrel again... But even still

Menards missed a lot of cash by not building a store up there earlier. Not that that company needs anymore.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
it will be very nice to have a one stop shop and some sales on building supplies once in a while... sure will suck though when the wife and a couple friends go on a shopping spree out there... think coming home from the lake or a day of hunting and finding a fresh stack of flooring or fixtures in the entry way... women should have to be accompanied by a man when they go into those stores...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
it will be very nice to have a one stop shop and some sales on building supplies once in a while... sure will suck though when the wife and a couple friends go on a shopping spree out there... think coming home from the lake or a day of hunting and finding a fresh stack of flooring or fixtures in the entry way... women should have to be accompanied by a man when they go into those stores...
This happened to you too? On a side note, anyone know how to do back splash ??

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member

I would rather dig my own swimming pool with a spoon than to accompany any woman shopping no matter what the store.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem with the lag of Menards not opening sooner, IMO, is that they kept 'backing out' because they weren't sure they would get the number of employees needed to run the store, I also believe the other reason is the 'paper work' involved to get it rolling, Williston has a knack for dragging it out...yeh...I agree, should have been open in 2011 somewhere in that time line.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea quite a few people were a little bent out of shape about that

I bet some people "bet the farm" and speculated on some run down properties, etc.? I would likely have been one of the goofs getting burned if I lived in Jamestown.

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather dig my own swimming pool with a spoon than to accompany any woman shopping no matter what the store.

luckily galwhofishes is a mission oriented shopper like me - know what you want - get in - get it - get out

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet some people "bet the farm" and speculated on some run down properties, etc.? I would likely have been one of the goofs getting burned if I lived in Jamestown.

- - - Updated - - -

luckily galwhofishes is a mission oriented shopper like me - know what you want - get in - get it - get out

mrs johnr is a shopper, and I have no problem with it. I have spent countless hours walking around the malls/stores checking stuff out. I cant say I like it, but she seems to enjoy having me with, so I smile and go along.
When 4 am hits and my buddy is on the way over to go on an adventure, mrs johnr gets up makes me coffee, a breakfast burrito, and a sandwich for later, I know she doesn't like it, but she smiles and goes along with it.
most of my friends hate me for having this excellently trained wife, and most wives hate her for having this excellent good looking husband....haha

Dickinson's Menards is fricken awesome, coming from Fargo 14 years ago a guy doesn't realize how good it is to have some of these stores, until you don't have them

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

There is a luxury apartment that is set to open here soon. Some thing like 1100 a month for a 1 bedroom. Im thinking that might not do so well now

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11