Your best fishing day ever..

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
mayfish.jpg

this was from last night. Did not suck.

Best time was with my boys ice fishing on Oahe when they were little. Pollock was hot, caught many over 26 inches.

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife was at a conference and convinced my 2 daughters to fish with me (the older one took a lot of convincing and bribing) went out for about 5 hours and came back with a limit. They out fished me all day. Nothing big but had a great time baiting and netting. to me its about the time you spend with your family. It would have been great even if we didn't limit out.

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably the best day for me was back in 2004 or 5. The kids were pretty little and we were tenting it out on Grahams Island in July. It was really hot and we were able to catch our limit the first day without much trouble. Some folks at the cleaning station weren't having the best luck and I must have been a bit loose lipped because the next day there were about 15 boats in my spot.:mad: I started scouting for a new spot and found an big school of walleyes up shallow (7 feet) on a point about 300 yrds from the boats. It was non stop chaos for about 3 hours until both of the kids couldn't fish anymore because there arms were cramping up. All fish were the same size 14-15 inches and I was able to catch the last 2 (when the kids quit fishing) as we were only keeping the wounded ones. I'm sure the kids caught more than 100 each. A number of boats tried to hone in on us (I think everyone in a quarter mile radius probably heard all of the comotion) but were unable to. As we were getting ready to leave, a very small boat with an elderly couple came around the corner. I motioned for them to come over and had them tie up to the tree we were on and filled them in on what to do. We hadn't even moved 50 feet and they were already catching them, and all the while the pirates were trying to get in there and they couldn't. Awesome day all around!

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably the best day for me was back in 2004 or 5. The kids were pretty little and we were tenting it out on Grahams Island in July. It was really hot and we were able to catch our limit the first day without much trouble. Some folks at the cleaning station weren't having the best luck and I must have been a bit loose lipped because the next day there were about 15 boats in my spot.:mad: I started scouting for a new spot and found an big school of walleyes up shallow (7 feet) on a point about 300 yrds from the boats. It was non stop chaos for about 3 hours until both of the kids couldn't fish anymore because there arms were cramping up. All fish were the same size 14-15 inches and I was able to catch the last 2 (when the kids quit fishing) as we were only keeping the wounded ones. I'm sure the kids caught more than 100 each. A number of boats tried to hone in on us (I think everyone in a quarter mile radius probably heard all of the comotion) but were unable to. As we were getting ready to leave, a very small boat with an elderly couple came around the corner. I motioned for them to come over and had them tie up to the tree we were on and filled them in on what to do. We hadn't even moved 50 feet and they were already catching them, and all the while the pirates were trying to get in there and they couldn't. Awesome day all around!

That sounds like a great day however I was sure it was the 32.75 lbs / 56 bullheads in just under 4hrs to claim top honors at the Bullhead Jedi fishcatcher gathering in 2013

James Scarlett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sounds like a great day however I was sure it was the 32.75 lbs / 56 bullheads in just under 4hrs to claim top honors at the Bullhead Jedi fishcatcher gathering in 2013

that was a classic moment in the history of the Bullhead Jedi fishcatcher gathering. Not sure that feat can be matched.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82