2015 Deer Rifle Season reports, pics, bloopers, etc.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Condolences to myself and all the other "Pine Pounders" that have to sit on the bench and watch the game!!!!!!! (Sad Face with pouty lip)

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1498.JPG
Yep...Great adventure this year!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I end last night checking into a room in Minneapolis after our plane was grounded with a fuel leak, now sitting at gate B10 waiting to get back to Dickinson. Was only a 13 hour day trying to get out of Wichita yesterday.
I hold an any antlered tag, and probably won't hunt until Sunday, and that will likely be my only day out. Trip to Houston, then moving across town. Hoping my farm buddy has an eye on a big one for me

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am missing out on the entire weekend to. first time in about a dozen years. please share pics to cure my itch. thanks!

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Working through Monday, but taking a three day next weekend when the rut should be going strong. Hopefully fill both the bow and rifle tag.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I end last night checking into a room in Minneapolis after our plane was grounded with a fuel leak, now sitting at gate B10 waiting to get back to Dickinson. Was only a 13 hour day trying to get out of Wichita yesterday.
I hold an any antlered tag, and probably won't hunt until Sunday, and that will likely be my only day out. Trip to Houston, then moving across town. Hoping my farm buddy has an eye on a big one for me

guywhofish's artist rendering - so accurate you'd think you were there

screwed.jpg

Colonel Angus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sure feels strange being at work on deer opener. Not a good strange either. Oh well, I will be at the AA semifinal 11 man football game with Central Cass vs Shanley tomorrow. Go squirrels!

I will dig out some orange on Sunday for some potential coyote shooting. There are a couple of youth hunters in my group this year, so I hope they get a chance at something. I think there is only one guy in our group with a drawn buck tag this year (2G1). Pretty sad.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy I almost forgot about this weekend. Anyway didn't get a permit but glad they lowered tags. Kid has one but has a school function.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
No license for me but I will be chasing walleyes Monday and next weekend we are loading up the dogs and going pheasant hunting. Going to get together as usual at the ranch. Just no deer hunting.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

You mean deer?

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
FIrst day of the season and already enough to piss me off. Just got to house after work and heard rifle shots, drove up the road and people shooting right off the road on to our posted property right before end of shooting hours. Watched for awhile to see if they went to go retrieve a deer, but they just went back to truck and started driving away. Drove up to them and of course get the I didn't think it was posted BS. I pointed to a sign right beside them. Told them to get some better glasses and next time the warden will be called immediately. Drove in the field they shot in to make sure they didnt down one thinking they could come back later. What is it that makes people go full rahtard when deer season opens? And people wonder why land is posted up tighter every year. I got liscense plate but little a warden can do unless an animal was shot or there is other solid evidence they committed a crime). Probably should turn them in anyway but is the last thing I want to deal with after a long week at work. Neighbors will have an eye out for these bozos as well as I gave them a heads up. Sorry rant over.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Svn. With fewer tags and fewer places to hunt, I'm afraid this may become the norm.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
FIrst day of the season and already enough to piss me off. Just got to house after work and heard rifle shots, drove up the road and people shooting right off the road on to our posted property right before end of shooting hours. Watched for awhile to see if they went to go retrieve a deer, but they just went back to truck and started driving away. Drove up to them and of course get the I didn't think it was posted BS. I pointed to a sign right beside them. Told them to get some better glasses and next time the warden will be called immediately. Drove in the field they shot in to make sure they didnt down one thinking they could come back later. What is it that makes people go full rahtard when deer season opens? And people wonder why land is posted up tighter every year. I got liscense plate but little a warden can do unless an animal was shot or there is other solid evidence they committed a crime). Probably should turn them in anyway but is the last thing I want to deal with after a long week at work. Neighbors will have an eye out for these bozos as well as I gave them a heads up. Sorry rant over.
Don't post. Problem solved.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88