2015 Deer Rifle Season reports, pics, bloopers, etc.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
FIrst day of the season and already enough to piss me off. Just got to house after work and heard rifle shots, drove up the road and people shooting right off the road on to our posted property right before end of shooting hours. Watched for awhile to see if they went to go retrieve a deer, but they just went back to truck and started driving away. Drove up to them and of course get the I didn't think it was posted BS. I pointed to a sign right beside them. Told them to get some better glasses and next time the warden will be called immediately. Drove in the field they shot in to make sure they didnt down one thinking they could come back later. What is it that makes people go full rahtard when deer season opens? And people wonder why land is posted up tighter every year. I got liscense plate but little a warden can do unless an animal was shot or there is other solid evidence they committed a crime). Probably should turn them in anyway but is the last thing I want to deal with after a long week at work. Neighbors will have an eye out for these bozos as well as I gave them a heads up. Sorry rant over.

Been putting up with this type of shit since Oct 10th and not one has had ND plates, I hate pheasants and wish we didn't have any.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen a deer in three years. If I see one on posted land tomorrrow its getting a bullet up its ass.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Real funny Dum1. Probably sore because you have nowhere to hunt. No big surprise.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opening weekend is consisting of me sitting in my hotel room in Iowa. I didn't get drawn for a tag so being down here for training for work isn't so bad I guess.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I'm way to stupid to get a pic on here from off of my old phone but I harvested a 5x5 at 3:45 today.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
WHAT A BUNCH OF WET BLANKETS.

No deer for me today. Put myself right where I thought one would be and I was right. It was just the wrong sex. In-laws tagged two great bucks today. LOTS of pheasants around. No news reports of wounded hunters. 'Twas a great day.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the first time in at least 8 years I wasn't on the banks of the Yellowstone when the shots start ringing out. Oh well got quite a few things done with my fishing buddy along for the ride. Bought I'm his first pair of muck boots. His fishing footwear is now officially nicer than mine.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
On a really shitty note this big fella was poached. Not sure the actual story yet but this pic was taken after the warden took the buck obviously.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been on both sides of the land owner / non land owner situations... they both suck, and i haven't hunted in years because of it...

now the fishing is going the same way it seems... miss the old days...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
story i've heard is that he watched 2 guys shine the deer and shoot it a day or two ago down around mandaree.... damn shame cuz thats a stud

- - - Updated - - -

I spent the day out hiking through the grasslands in 3b1. Like all the days i spent scouting, I saw a ton of does. Only thing thats different today is all the does have bucks with them now. All total today I saw 60-70 does and at least 15 bucks. No real studs yet, biggest one was maybe 130". Heading back out tomorrow.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
A crying shame that a specimen that magnificent fell in such a manner. You can see the disgust on the warden's face.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tinted glasses and shooting into the wind cost my chance. I am really growing to hate this lousy sport. You walk 12 miles, into a stiff wind, perch on top of a hill, only to watch the deer take off a quarter mile in front of you. Which means before I can find them in the scope, they are a half mile plus. So, if at the end of the day, a land owner wants to give me an earful for pulling over and looking at a map, I have no choice but to get out of my truck, and have some dialogue. And yes, my blue pick up will be driving by your precious land again this afternoon, and again Sunday, and again next week, etc. I might even have to stop and piss.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'm not sure why but talked myself out of going after this guy. Just a bit to small and luckily (at least for now) he was far enough out and in a shity enough spot I was able to walk away. Highly doubt I could have done it if he was close. Other then that 3F2 was in full shit show mode this morning. My favorite point was when I had the spoting scope on the window glassing a ridge line a mile off when a truck full of guys from DL pull up and start talking. Said they had been glassing the same area but all there was was two whitetails does and they were looking for mule deer does. I chuckled to myself how they managed to miss the half a dozen mule deer laying on a ridge 200 yards away as we talked. Even more fun was when I pointed out everything they could see was res ground and their tag was no good there. Had to break out the map and give them a res hunting 101 course. Told them a spot a couple miles away that if they walked out to it they would be sure to find a mules in there and sent them on there way. Heres a shitty shot of the one I passed on for now. He was one of three good sized bucks in this group and there were another half doz smaller bucks and around 20 does in the group. Kind of odd to see so many bucks in one group with as hard as they were rutting.

IMG_20151107_082643.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean you see picks of the mulie shot up there last week it is a pig.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 58
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19