2015 Deer Rifle Season reports, pics, bloopers, etc.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do but not my picture to put on the web I will ask. It goes roughly 215 is what I was told and from pics and a guy that was there when it was.shot I believe it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope its not the one I was chasing last year. Any idea the rough area?

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My fishing partner today said he heard a mutual friend shot a huge mule. Could be the same one???

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'm not sure why but talked myself out of going after this guy. Just a bit to small and luckily (at least for now) he was far enough out and in a shity enough spot I was able to walk away. Highly doubt I could have done it if he was close. Other then that 3F2 was in full shit show mode this morning. My favorite point was when I had the spoting scope on the window glassing a ridge line a mile off when a truck full of guys from DL pull up and start talking. Said they had been glassing the same area but all there was was two whitetails does and they were looking for mule deer does. I chuckled to myself how they managed to miss the half a dozen mule deer laying on a ridge 200 yards away as we talked. Even more fun was when I pointed out everything they could see was res ground and their tag was no good there. Had to break out the map and give them a res hunting 101 course. Told them a spot a couple miles away that if they walked out to it they would be sure to find a mules in there and sent them on there way. Heres a shitty shot of the one I passed on for now. He was one of three good sized bucks in this group and there were another half doz smaller bucks and around 20 does in the group. Kind of odd to see so many bucks in one group with as hard as they were rutting.

zn5st.jpg

Appears to have a nice frame anyway

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw lots of things today. Every bird you could ever want to grill up and then some: snow and Canadian geese, crane, pheasant, grouse, huns, doves, blue jay, hawk. Like a dumbass, blew a shot at a close coyote. Watched him accidentally jump a doe and fawn a mile away. Mama chased him off something fierce. Had a bull moose in the crosshairs. Man, do moose know how to trash a crop field. And fence. Learned that 178gr AMAX is not a bullet but a car bomb flying low at 3-4 times the speed of sound. It was a great day.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, no, I did not shoot at, harass, or harm said moose. They're neat.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent the opening day of ND deer season hunting elk in MT. We were in front of a herd of 50-60 cows, calves, and spikes and anticipated that they'd get closer by moving through one more dip in the terrain. We waited ~30min, I walked to the edge of the dip and it fed down into a deep ravine that allowed the herd to move onto private ground. At that point I was "about" 400yds off the edge of the private ground and I was "about" 200yds from a dozen cows/calves in the trees headed down to the private ground and I let them all go.

I was 99% sure they were still on public ground, but, I was 100% sure that if I shot one right there I'd have an audience waiting for me to dip a toe onto private, and, if said elk were to not drop at the shot but run downhill onto the private ground it would've been a "Game warden, landowner, study the blood-trail" type situation and so I let them walk. Elk is certainly tasty but not worth that kind of rig-a-ma-ro.

We spent Sat. driving home and it'll take the better part of today to get my truck clean and my stuff semi-re-organized.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do but not my picture to put on the web I will ask. It goes roughly 215 is what I was told and from pics and a guy that was there when it was.shot I believe it.

There is a pic of it on huntingtherock.com, if its the deer spoken about. It's huge!

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Landowner friend and all his family/friends tagged up. I have the place to myself again this coming weekend. Time to get serious about being serious.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now is the time for hunting with a gun.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody loose an elk around wing? Lol buddy had this big boy come by this morning. No ear tags so don't know if its an escapee or wild.IMG_20151108_191729.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That pic does it no justice it is even more impressive from the side views.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18