NE NoDak Game and Fish Meeting

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn’t negative rep or make threats that much I can tell ya. I get on lots of great hunting land but I see pointless destruction that is rampant. I also see top soil blowing. When the dirt storms hit my country home it is a huge mess in the yard and windows etc.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone who is able should try and take advantage of the ND Outdoor Heritage Fund. It is one of the best tools at this point in time that any sportsman can use to "give back" to conservation. They set up the Heritage Fund in 2013, which is funded by oil and gas production revenue and is allotted up to $40M per biennium.

Stop in and visit with your county NRCS office if you are planning on putting any trees in. It's a great program that I encourage anyone who can to take advantage of. For a conservation/wildlife planting they will cost share 60% of the planting.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No government funds, no programs, no budgets, that’s what creates the mess in the first place.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Government programs require an annual budget and when the money runs out the program either falls apart or in the case of the good old USA the treasury loans money. Debt has a stranglehold on all govt programs at this very second.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many members contributed to ducks unlimited organization?

I am not trying to start a fight,

I am wondering if some outdoorsman would like to start a non profit group like qdma to get the ball rolling in regards to supporting and generating new sustainable renewable habitat. I would more then be willing to support in anyway I can.

I only bring it up because nobody cares what I have to say so I post to kill time of boredom.
That is all

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk did you ever see any hemp growing over that way ? If the dirty buggers would just let a guy plant a small patch for an experiment it would be dandy but the only way I know of a way to learn without getting the FBI and 2500 bucks involved would be to piggyback off another producer and leave it stand in his field but I'm supposing that is a big no no too.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes Davy ya just gotta listen...

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have pushed for a program like that at a few advisory meetings and the NDG&F /Stienwand have shot it down every time claiming it woould;t work.

sounds like an interesting program, however, there's a 142% chance you came across as a long-winded arrogant prick at the advisory meetings, so I'm sure steinwand/others have had no trouble discarding your comments mere moments after initial spew

how about you fill one of us 'great communicators' in on the details of the system and we'll convey the message?

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we have economics that dictates what makes our lives possible here in ND. Ag and oil are it. I think ND is sitting in a dang good position commodity wise. Why mow it all down?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No there are farmers who have recieved thier tax stamp to grow it but as far as selling to make any money off it that I do not know. Unless the hemp is broken down to be made into textile or the seeds are harvested for seed productiom. It would be illegal to transfer the plant across state lines to another to be state to produce products.
I did get to take a tour at the Langdon research center, which of course the only thing I cared about was the hemp. I wasn't allowed to take a picture of the plot but I was surprised it had no distinct smell like one would expect. It was full of bees that polinated the female plant. The male plant would die only leaving the female plant to grow. The gentleman said that all the plants are pulled and burned in front of the dea. He said that the whole plant even the roots need to be removed becuase it takes a very long time for the hemp fibers to decompose.

I know the ndsu research centers plant hemp but it is only for scientific research as far as know its grown in different areas, I am only assuming that the farmers who also grow the hemp is for the same scientific research.
If you are interested in more information you could always call the ndsu research centers in Langdon or Carrington to find out more information. Since I don't have any land go grow any green gold, I have no dog in the fight.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I applaude the landowners who protect the deer and birds. We all know what I mean, the spots nobody gets to hit. Thanks for preserving what our biologists at the NDGF could never pull off.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many members contributed to ducks unlimited organization?

I am not trying to start a fight,

I am wondering if some outdoorsman would like to start a non profit group like qdma to get the ball rolling in regards to supporting and generating new sustainable renewable habitat. I would more then be willing to support in anyway I can.

qdma is a controlled opposition org. Another top down staff driven non-profit. Look at the staff:

https://www.qdma.com/about/our-staff-and-leadership/

Pick a name....Kip Adams.......Matt Ross......Joe Hamilton........everybody is a trained wildlife biologist. Kind of like Mike McEnroe (trained biologist for the USFWS) is currently the president of ND wildlife federation. These are not grass root sportsmen's orgs. Lunk, nobody follows McEnroe's lead. These guys may have got A's during wildlife biology class but get an F in common sense.

Lunk, I can understand your desire to get the ball rolling for conservation. But, inviting federal biologists and their controlled non-governmental orgs to take over is a bad idea.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
qdma is a controlled opposition org. Another top down staff driven non-profit. Look at the staff:

https://www.qdma.com/about/our-staff-and-leadership/

Pick a name....Kip Adams.......Matt Ross......Joe Hamilton........everybody is a trained wildlife biologist. Kind of like Mike McEnroe (trained biologist for the USFWS) is currently the president of ND wildlife federation. These are not grass root sportsmen's orgs. Lunk, nobody follows McEnroe's lead. These guys may have got A's during wildlife biology class but get an F in common sense.

Lunk, I can understand your desire to get the ball rolling for conservation. But, inviting federal biologists and their controlled non-governmental orgs to take over is a bad idea.

No sir that is not what I am looking for I was only wondering who they were that is all. Thanks for the information sir

- - - Updated - - -

Ps fritz can you tell me about ducks unlimited are the a non profit group

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No sir that is not what I am looking for I was only wondering who they were that is all. Thanks for the information sir

- - - Updated - - -

Ps fritz can you tell me about ducks unlimited are the a non profit group

DU is a 501(c) non-profit

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Govt debt is like the stretch Armstrong of the digital world.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunk did you ever see any hemp growing over that way ? If the dirty buggers would just let a guy plant a small patch for an experiment it would be dandy but the only way I know of a way to learn without getting the FBI and 2500 bucks involved would be to piggyback off another producer and leave it stand in his field but I'm supposing that is a big no no too.

there was 40 acres planted a mile from my place this summer, very tall stand it looked like it grew very well

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
No government funds, no programs, no budgets, that’s what creates the mess in the first place.

I get what you are saying and do not disagree completely but without cost share on tree plantings most will not put in the time effort or monies.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep me in mind if there are any plots in the 2018 growing season , I can't believe the way our Government and our state keeps the lid on hemp. $ 2500 to grow a crop ? That is ridiculous. I'll go through every background check they want me to and get all the permits they request but I won't pay them one red cent to grow a legal crop.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 187
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57