Down Goes DAPL

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That term native is bs. There are no humans native to this continent. American Indians simply got here a few thousand years earlier. They didnt advance as Europe did so we see what you see in all other species in competition for the same habitat. Thats fact and not emotion. Science now traces ancestory to two points. Those that crossed the Bearing Sea area, and the souther tribes that have DNA of Polynesian ancestory like the South American and Central American tribes.

You're exactly right PG. Further, people seem to forget that old saying "To the victor, go the spoils". You conquer a land, one way or another, and you are in charge. Reparations? Ha! Join the Europeans (good point above, none of the "first people" are left anymore anyhow, on EITHER side of this equation) and assimilate into their culture, or go the way of the dinosaur.

Look around at history, and other nations of the world. A country does not conquer a land, then one day give it back.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This river/lake has several pipelines under it now. Some have been there for forty plus years. With nowhere near the technology of this one nor near the depth below the lake bottom as this one. Like I said this isn’t about water.

You're using logic and facts, you can't think like that. You have to use raw emotion. The people were/are convinced, that the pipeline was/is evil, the black snake elders dreamed about. The leaders used this and push this narrative, your water will be poison, your children will die. Mix that with all the history and old wounds are opened and hatred fills the gaps. Just take a few minutes and think of the hate you would have if some one or group were trying to contaminate your well water. Remember, facts, truths, and common sense, throw it all out the window.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
DAPL isn't the only pipeline in our neck of the prairie that is facing hurdles. The Supreme Court's decision is a big setback to the Keystone XL...they're not doing anything till late next year IF at all. The incredible investments they already have already made are pretty impressive. There's HUGE pipe yards setup in SD along the route. They're having to do additional EIS work it sounds like. Why additional I don't know, need to read more.

How convoluted must the permitting process be? You should have to meet all items on checklist A for the government to approve it. If I am DAPL or Keystone XL, I make dang sure I meet all items on the checklist. What is to argue at that point? I know it is never that black and white, but there shouldn't be endless legal loopholes each side can leverage to shut down the process OR further the process if it isn't in the clear.

I am more liberal than most on here but believe a responsibly designed pipeline should be able to be built and operated. Risk mitigation is huge with the technology we have and I don't believe that a catastrophic failure realistically happen. Will there be a spill here or there? Yes, but until we are all pulling our trucks with electric one tons we're going to need pipelines.

It is incredible how groups can have so much power in this process....be in environmentalists or the tribes. If Keystone XL does get built, SD will see protests just as ND did. The secondary reason for the COVID roadblocks is to see how far they can push the issue so when the pipeline comes they can cause as much difficulty as they can to the process. Doesn't seem right on a state highway but nobody has said different.

What is this going to do to ND oil prices?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That term native is bs. There are no humans native to this continent. American Indians simply got here a few thousand years earlier. They didnt advance as Europe did so we see what you see in all other species in competition for the same habitat. Thats fact and not emotion. Science now traces ancestory to two points. Those that crossed the Bearing Sea area, and the souther tribes that have DNA of Polynesian ancestory like the South American and Central American tribes.

Your first two sentences may be the dumbest thing you've ever said. How many THOUSANDS of years do Natives have to be here before they can lay claim to being native to this Continent? Holy fuck, they've literally been here since THE LAST ICE AGE.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're exactly right PG. Further, people seem to forget that old saying "To the victor, go the spoils". You conquer a land, one way or another, and you are in charge. Reparations? Ha! Join the Europeans (good point above, none of the "first people" are left anymore anyhow, on EITHER side of this equation) and assimilate into their culture, or go the way of the dinosaur.

Look around at history, and other nations of the world. A country does not conquer a land, then one day give it back.

Actually didn't great Britain give back the lands that they won to the Jewish people

TripleSK

Established Member

blah blah blah, same old bs to degrade natives, and the. make them lesser so that way it’s okay to be a prick, that’s it’s okay to have an entitled voice to natives, but natives aren’t suppose to say anything because. Or else they’re a bad Indian. Cool story bro

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your first two sentences may be the dumbest thing you've ever said. How many THOUSANDS of years do Natives have to be here before they can lay claim to being native to this Continent? Holy fuck, they've literally been here since THE LAST ICE AGE.
Now that is the dumbest thing I have heard. It doesn't make any difference. They could be here 100k years and if they didn't originate here they are not native. Anything different is simply emotion and not science. Check a scientific source if you don't believe me. Native = being in a place of origination.

blah blah blah, same old bs to degrade natives, and the. make them lesser so that way it’s okay to be a prick, that’s it’s okay to have an entitled voice to natives, but natives aren’t suppose to say anything because. Or else they’re a bad Indian. Cool story bro
No story TripleSK it doesn't make them lesser, but it doesn't make them more either. Humans are not native to much of the earth. You will notice I included everyone when I said humans are not native to this continent right? Animals have spread out over the earth and humans have spread out over the earth. Years here account for nothing. No one is native to this continent.

it’s okay to have an entitled voice to natives
What's that even mean? Can you interpret that for me?

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow....define originate....IMO, and I think most scientists would agree, that the people who moved in right after the ice left, and stayed for the last ten thousand years, would be considered indigenous. It seem the only place where humans could be 'native' (according to you) is wherever Adam and Eve originated.

TripleSK

Established Member
What's that even mean? Can you interpret that for me?

I’m glad you asked. If you take a look at any, and I mean any native issue in the comments section, you will see entitled white guys voicing their Ignorant two cents. Hence the first 10-13 comments of just this thread. You don’t see what I mean because you don’t have too deal with the same type of entitled opinion. You want to use all these scientific explanations which is useful if you were in school still, but in this case. It is just plain out stupid. I do have one question for you. Do you believe in religion? Not trying to bring a whole new debate into it, just a simple question.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seem the only place where humans could be 'native' (according to you) is wherever Adam and Eve originated.
Bingo. Those who believe evolution are still stuck with a small area, perhaps where Dr. Leeky discovered Zinjanthropus.

Do you believe in religion? Not trying to bring a whole new debate into it, just a simple question.
Yes.

I do understand that there is a scientific definition, then there is an every day type of native definition people often use and that is a place of birth. However, that definition makes almost all of us native. I think this native crap is just a way to divide people. I know the people on reservations want to hang on to it because it's a real money maker. Most of them are not even 1/4 Indian anymore, but ask and they say100%. Blond hair blue eye 100% Indian. I would say the real Indians are getting ripped off having to share with the fakes. Oh and you guys I grew up on the Spirit Lake Nation.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m glad you asked. If you take a look at any, and I mean any native issue in the comments section, you will see entitled white guys voicing their Ignorant two cents. Hence the first 10-13 comments of just this thread. You don’t see what I mean because you don’t have too deal with the same type of entitled opinion. You want to use all these scientific explanations which is useful if you were in school still, but in this case. It is just plain out stupid. I do have one question for you. Do you believe in religion? Not trying to bring a whole new debate into it, just a simple question.

you never answered my question on where the water intake is and how the pipe line would affect that?

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mr. Cramer should just have the Donald do an executive order saying it's a national security issue and the pipeline stays open while the needed studies are completed.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everytime i hear or read "entitled white guys" i have to laugh! Entitled to what? Nobody gave me anything and i worked for everything i have. The only thing i see for me is i am entitled to pay taxes for all the ones who don't want to work for what they want or need. Free food, free housing, free medical, get the picture?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What's always amazed and bewildered me is the disdain for a pipeline. People truly believe that their water will be contaminated to the point where it will cause death. I don't know how even a worst case scenario break, would lead to the whole lake being contaminated? And how does this leads to people dieing? There's just no reasoning with people on it. They are convinced the pipeline WILL break, there is just no question about it.

If I truly deep down thought that something was going to destroy this great water resource where I love to fish and spend most all my recreation time, I would fight it tooth and nail. Imagine someone trying to poison your water supply, everyone of you would kill to stop it. Somehow someone equated a pipeline to that.
Yeah we all should have protested the TAT pipelines across Sakakawea! You think they can afford to clean up a catastrophic failure!?!?!? Think twice. These small pipeline operators bother me. Also I didn’t hear a peep from any tribe when Cenex built a new gasoline pipeline across the Missouri by Williston. Fake outrage!!!!

DAPL won’t be polluting the Missouri and if they did their multi billion dollar corporation would be on the hook to clean it up.

Square_Hammer

Established Member

So what color are u then sk? Acting all high and mighty.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
USA vs Britain....... fuck the English, get the fuck out

USA vs Confederates.........fuck the racists, take away their flags and monuments, forget your history and ancestors

USA vs Tribes........... I’m so sorry we took your land here is a monthly check and here is your land back. Let’s forget all the crimes you committed against us and it’s all our fault.......

All were ENEMIES of the USA and should be treated as such because they were DEFEATED!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
any entitlement you MIGHT enjoy , regardless of your skin color, is the result of previous generations undergoing great sacrifice, diligence, and forethought about future generations

someone planting apple trees for instance - then, somebody down the road gets to enjoy those trees

then, some total a$$wipe comes along and bitches that the current tree owner is only eating apples because of his apple privilege

GTFOH and go plant some apple trees you miserable dolts

- - - Updated - - -

with the exception of gov't entitlements of course - which are paid by other people in your neighborhood - the same ones you bitch about non-stop

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
if that’s the case, you better not be the first to run down for an opportunity to hunt or fish down there. I guarantee you would not be on your high horse if that opportunity was presented to you dumb ass. And they were never Anti oil to begin with, even before all of the outside entities came along. From the very beginning the were against it crossing. They didn’t want DAPL crossing because they would’ve Had to pay for the clean it down river, something that your dumb ass seems to always forget.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao, quite acting like a baby. White history has been forced down everyone throats, painting a picture that the “great men” that had slaves and pushed the agenda of genocide on natives were great noble men. From the stand point of them creating a country and emancipating themselves from NE is fine to take pride in and understandable, but to sit here and tell natives how to live or what to believe in or in this case, to lie down and get fucked over by a pipeline is plain out stupid. If anyone in this country has a say just like everyone else, it’s natives.
Standing Rock never got or will get fucked over by this pipeline! Fear mongering at its best down there that a spill will ruin everything. Also to say that they would be responsible for one cent of clean up is an absolute falsehood!!! DAPL is 100% responsible for all costs including any assistance from the tribe. DAPL has the money to clean it up and that doesn’t even include the insurance that they carry. Quit spewing falsehoods!!!!! If pipeline were so bad the Three Affiliated Tribes wouldn’t have them all over their reservation!!!!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bingo. Those who believe evolution are still stuck with a small area, perhaps where Dr. Leeky discovered Zinjanthropus.

Yes.

I do understand that there is a scientific definition, then there is an every day type of native definition people often use and that is a place of birth. However, that definition makes almost all of us native. I think this native crap is just a way to divide people. I know the people on reservations want to hang on to it because it's a real money maker. Most of them are not even 1/4 Indian anymore, but ask and they say100%. Blond hair blue eye 100% Indian. I would say the real Indians are getting ripped off having to share with the fakes. Oh and you guys I grew up on the Spirit Lake Nation.

Anthropologists use the term indigenous all the time when referring to groups all over the planet. To only use your Adam and Eve definition of indigenous is really just asinine.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt bring it up, you did, and you said you didnt want to start another argument. Stop your whinning and put on your big boy pants. I gave you two options if you wanted to go the fakse evolution route. We were talking native which really isnt 100% interchangable with indigenous. In modern terms I consider all of us native. I am as much native as any American Indian alive today. People who think differently are dividers. When will American Indians become self sufficient. Will we be supporting them for 10,000 years? They will never stand on their osn until the reservations are gone.
I dont think you can find ten real American Indians on the res I grew up on. As a kid a half dozen lived very close to me. I always thought how lucky they were because while I was hungry they were getting tons of gov food. The Indian lady a half mile west often had cookies and a coke for me. Nice lady until her husband got diabetes and she started drinking hard.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93