Baiting Ban

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to me a lot of the baiting that occurs has to do with leveling the playing field between those who have lots of land and those who don't.
maybe ban baiting on posted land only to start

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
No Shit as in "It really really works"? Or No Shit as in "Don't shit @ the scrape site"?

was bear hunting with my 6 year old son last week. He pissed in the blind and after an hour of begging to take a shit and me realizing he really had to go, I let him drop a huge log in the blind too. Lol

we shot a bear later so....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
was bear hunting with my 6 year old son last week. He pissed in the blind and after an hour of begging to take a shit and me realizing he really had to go, I let him drop a huge log in the blind too. Lol

we shot a bear later so....

no words

wait...

hardcore

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
you do realize that would be 300 feet or a football field with a bow which to me seems to be a little unrealistic when most videos online are within 50 feet or closer

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/tagged-out/the-science-behind-the-100-yard-bow-shot/

It also took that arrow 1.027 seconds to cover 100 yards. Ten feet of drop and more seems to me awful careless attempt to take an animal at that distance.

yup. i realize that. but, folks take em more and more these days. i am fairly certain the only reason it was brought up was because it was being done with a bow cause its not worthy of discussion if it was done with a rifle.

and btw... 50 feet is just a bit over 16 yards. you could probably even kill a deer at that range with a stick and string. ;)

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
no words

wait...

hardcore

this is a floorless pop up blind we are talking about. He didn’t shit in an enclosed hard sided Taj Mahal. There was plenty of cabbage to cover it up. Lol.

and it was “prime time” so I wasn’t letting him out. Ha

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yup. i realize that. but, folks take em more and more these days. i am fairly certain the only reason it was brought up was because it was being done with a bow cause its not worthy of discussion if it was done with a rifle.

and btw... 50 feet is just a bit over 16 yards. you could probably even kill a deer at that range with a stick and string. ;)
that is probably the reason why I took the buck that was wounded out because most likely someone was either a real lousy shot or tried taking him from a mile away. The bait piles I have are no farther then 150 feet from my tree stand because at that range my 6mm has enough punch to take down a deer with a good shot location. just because someone can do it doesn't entirely mean it should be done and I've noticed common sense seems to be less and less of a necessity in today's world. I guess i never realized that 5575 was talking about using a bow to kill an animal at low light like JMF said I need to get out more often so I can see how dumb people really are instead of on a video.

Founding Member
Founding Member

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes i feel the boys at game and fish are clueless and like the politicians make statements because they believe the general public will eat those statements up as gospel and not question what they say. And some do. Maybe many.

I do not have their book learning along with their uniform and the badge, so I am at a disadvantage.
However, to state that banning baiting will stop the spread of CWD, maybe it might help, but we all know deer at one time, or another do eat out of the same bucket on their own without my bucket of corn.
So, it's the best they can do for now when no one has the answers. At least there not pushing the slaughter as has happen at other sites.
Something we need to learn to live with things until we understand and focus on other things to preserve the outdoors. A little common sense goes a long ways. db

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know of anyone in the units that baiting is banned that have gotten a ticket or warning from the game and fish? From the rumor mill i've heard there are 3 outfitters in a unit that baiting was banned that are still baiting, they just call it feeding instead of baiting.

I like using corn and a camera to do what I call speed scouting, just to see whats in an area. Sometimes surprising what shows up in the areas you wouldn't think anything would be around.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
No more baiting and progressively worsening of electronic posting… sounds like poaching numbers will sky rocket….hell I might even jump on board at this rate. Good job legislators and GNF

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO Its not BAITING unless you are HUNTING... otherwise its feeding. So essentially you can use an electronic FEEDER and just turn it off the day you are HUNTING. Deer will still come in looking for a snack, they just wont get one when you are there HUNTING.

About the landowners, the G&F would love to restrict them also, but its just not politically expedient, IE the farmers scream loud and legislators listen to them more than they do to pesky outdoor sportsmen. GOVT is in the BUSINESS of infringing on rights, and only moves in one direction.

EnglishCocker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they are going to require elevators to high fence corn piles too. Its North Dakota and the deer will always yard up together during the winter where there is food. Banning baiting won't prevent this from happening. Its just nature. It doesn't matter to me if they want to ban baiting but come up with a logical reason for it. I bet if they said they are banning baiting to decrease success rates with bow and increase he number of rifle tags they would have alot more support for it 😂

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they could come up with a remedy, and put it in the food piles to "vaccinate" these poor stupid creatures.
A salt lick so to speak, that cures the problem, rather than fucking with our sport.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No more baiting and progressively worsening of electronic posting… sounds like poaching numbers will sky rocket….hell I might even jump on board at this rate. Good job legislators and GNF
Poaching should be crazy here if that’s the case .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88