Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm assuming the kid pled guilty to the charge because it was way cheaper to plead guilty and pay the fine rather than go to court and pay for lawyer and other costs involved. Plus the time away from work and travel. It gets to be a money thing which doesn't seem right to me. I knew of a time when a group of 4 guys were written up by the game warden. They had a great case and a witness who was with them at the time, but pled guilty because it was way cheaper and a ton less hassle than going to court and defending themselves. The guys said they didn't have the money or extra time from work to follow it through.
Fish On!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
truth on the cost thing v. going to trial. you can't get an hours worth of an attorney's time for the $250 court costs that it cost to close this case.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so the sota kid gets nothing but a check from youtubE?
ya found a picture of him swimming in all the money he made

scrooge.JPG

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if i recall, i never saw an advertisement in his video. therefore, he would have gotten absolutely $0.00 from facebook.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
No clue, I sure as hell wouldn't plead guilty if actually innocent. Just more evidence this whole ordeal is what happens when dickheads cross paths. Looks like Jeffy goes to court in April
Cheaper to pay $250 fine and a slap on the wrist then spend money to fight it. Unless someone is paying my lawyer bill I may have done the same.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bout 25 years ago, I had a guy become "Erman" on me by Medora.
Shot a 120ish whitetail with my bow. Guy was super happy till he seen it was a whitetail.
He became just as uncunted as Jeff.

Hunter58301

I sure hate the language in that order. If they wanted to fk with someone they sure could. Just because I store my guns at a relatives doesn't mean I don't own them. Seems unconstitutional to me.
And guaranteed hassle every time he tries to purchase a firearm

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So, I watched the video but missed the part where anyone who was hunting, trespassed. Why was the kid written up for trespass? Did I miss something in this whole fiasco? I was thinking after watching video that they were in the clear for trespass.
Fish On!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I watched the video but missed the part where anyone who was hunting, trespassed. Why was the kid written up for trespass? Did I miss something in this whole fiasco? I was thinking after watching video that they were in the clear for trespass.
Fish On!
I dont think the kid did trespass, but now the court can find him innocent and Erman can't hate on the warden or the Game and Fish.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the complaint says he was told not to "go near jeff's land" or some shit like that and since he was very near jeff's land, he was technically on a part of the land he was legally on but that he was not supposed to be on. frankly, i've touched on this before. but, seems like complete bullshit to me. and if those charges were filed just to appease mr. erman, then there are other issues i care not to discuss on a website.

btw PG, he pled to it already in case you missed that part of this thread

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I kinda thought I smelled a big steaming pile too. I am wondering why this kid was picked out of all the hunters? I can about here the conversation, Let's file a charge on this kid who has been in trouble before, he won't have the will or the means to fight it with his background, and we will get a guilty plea to make everyone happy. @espringers please correct me if I'm wrong or really reaching here.
Fish On!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was the one who got permission and was told "don't go near Jeff's land" or whatever. Since that statement was specifically told to him and nobody else, they charged just him.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was the one who got permission and was told "don't go near Jeff's land" or whatever. Since that statement was specifically told to him and nobody else, they charged just him.
One can get in trouble for going "near" someone's land?
WTF

I am telling you all right now to not go near my land, there you have been told and will be prosecuted iffn any of you even do a drive by...

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
warden and judge keeping the locals somewhat in the right is my guess. total B/S if you ask me.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would have liked to see who would have blinked first if they actually set this for jury trial. it absolutely doesn't seem like a winnable case for the state imho. but, i have to wonder if she would have taken it to trial anyway for the reason stated directly above ^^^^ or if she would have eventually dismissed it. if the latter, at what point?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62