Mercer county deputy killed

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just found out my wife is friends with his wife. Totally sucks

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Assumption isnt where you need to go. If ot ends up there then question the judge but he will get his day in court.
Public view is everything...His day in court starts as soon as this incident happened and was reported publicly. Who sits on the jury????? The Cramer family is already putting reasonable doubt into the minds of ANYONE that may judge him. So to say it's assumption..yeah ok....these people know what they are doing.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
One question that has yet to been asked is.

Why did the police decide it was worth the risk to turn this into a highspeed chase?

The guy took his mothers vehicle without permission.
They most likely knew he was having a mental breakdown.

There was other choices they could have made

They were tracking his vehicle via the mothers cell phone that was in the vehicle and could have
followed from a distance.
They had the plate # which would have given them the vin # and could have disabled the vehicle by using the Onstar system that the vehicle was equipped and also followed the vehicle that way.

The officers choice to escalate the situation into a risky high speed chase resulted in the death of one of their own.

I am not saying this guy is not at fault for the death I am only saying other options would have ended with different results.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member

Why did the police decide it was worth the risk to turn this into a highspeed chase?

They were tracking his vehicle via the mothers cell phone that was in the vehicle and could have
They had the plate # which would have given them the vin # and could have disabled the vehicle by using the Onstar system that the vehicle was equipped and also followed the vehicle that way.

The officers choice to escalate the situation into a risky high speed chase resulted in the death of one of their own.

I am not saying this guy is not at fault for the death I am only saying other options would have ended with different results.
So the question that keeps going thru my mind is you know your son is having a severe episode , which is not the first time , and I realize the stress level at this point has got to be off the charts but I cant understand why the keys werent pulled in the emergency room bay

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is a time and place for high speed chases v. just backing off. agreed with the above. unless there is something else to this story, there was no need to turn this one into a high speed chase.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Condolences to Officer Martins family and friends and Prayers for all involved.
I think we need an educational program for parents that are suffering along with thier kids who have these types of issues. This is the 3rd time that I personally know of where the person was going in for rehab or help and things didn't end well. Sadly and with a heavy heart I have to say the other two didn't survive. The hours leading up to rehab should be a red flag that every parent going through this should be aware of. Going to rehab must be the very worst thing that goes through their mind and they will do just about anything to prevent the help that thier loved ones are trying to provide.
Like someone else mentioned, Nobody wins in a situation like this but hopefully we can learn from it.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail...

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those of you saying the cops should have deescalated the situation, what would you say if the cops had just waited and this person suffering from what seems like some mental crisis hurts someone else. The cops didn't know the whole situation but probably knew more than us. He could have rammed some one elses vehicle or drove into a pedestrian without being chased. His mother was taking him to the hospital for what we can assume was sucidial thoughts. If he had hurt someone else while the cops waited and deescalated the situation how many lawsuits would there be then.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those of you saying the cops should have deescalated the situation, what would you say if the cops had just waited and this person suffering from what seems like some mental crisis hurts someone else. The cops didn't know the whole situation but probably knew more than us. He could have rammed some one elses vehicle or drove into a pedestrian without being chased. His mother was taking him to the hospital for what we can assume was sucidial thoughts. If he had hurt someone else while the cops waited and deescalated the situation how many lawsuits would there be then.
Apparently he drove from bismarck to Hazen without killing anyone so it doesn't appear he was looking to kill random people. thing changed when they attempted to stop him which turned into the chase resulting in the officers death. As it stands now deescalating would have saved the officers life.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently he drove from bismarck to Hazen without killing anyone so it doesn't appear he was looking to kill random people. thing changed when they attempted to stop him which turned into the chase resulting in the officers death. As it stands now deescalating would have saved the officers life.
Wow, you’re an idiot, which I guess allows you to know what was in the mind of the guy driving the stolen car. If you know that he wasn’t going to try to kill anyone else because you can relate to someone with mental issues I guess we’ll have to take your word. F-cking no mind.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you in law enforcement?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
One more thing . The other two that I referred to in post # 69 both had exceptionally great parenting. I have no clue about the Cramer family but I am just saying that this can happen in ANY family. Wife and I thank the good Lord that we have never had to personally deal with this with our own but we feel the hurt that others have endured. There should be a fine line in the sand between mental health and politics but..........

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, you’re an idiot, which I guess allows you to know what was in the mind of the guy driving the stolen car. If you know that he wasn’t going to try to kill anyone else because you can relate to someone with mental issues I guess we’ll have to take your word. F-cking no mind.
you are one dumb cunt with the reading comprehension of a below average kindergartener.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't believe the police necessarily over escalated, but admittedly don't have all the details. I'm guessing the family felt he was a danger to himself, since they provided details of his whereabouts to the police and stated he was going to see his dead brother. May have been trying to de-escalate the situation by bringing him under control before he harmed himself or others.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55