Toby

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
vollmer---put a 'yes' 'no' poll to this thread...I know you can do it....then I'll vote

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This time of the year I am soaking up as much sun as I can, Short days are right around the corner.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could care less. I was never a member of the old site but I checked it daily because I learned a lot of stuff. When I saw threads that got out of control, I searched for stuff I could relate to. I joined this site cuz I sorta observed V's vision which I admire. I have a crank Bai addiction, enjoy bikinis, Milwaukees Best Light, bikinis and crank baits. Not necessarily in that order. I don't know Toby from Adam but what I do know is I like this site.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he deserves a shot to prove or disprove himself. An explanation as to why things transpired at FBO would help to clear the slate but I can see why that may not be realistic.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
He is free to post on here like everyone else. I am pretty sure he already has an account and posted once in the beginning of the site.

As far as i am concerned, as long as he isn't in a mod position, it doesn't bother me. I am free to respond or ignore him with the tools available on the site.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's fine by me, I never hated Toby, I just felt he was in the wrong line of work as a mod. I just hope he doesn't troll around once he's a member and give all the guys he didn't like from the old world bad rep.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say yes he was very good at writing articles. I don't see him being any different than any of the other members.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
my .02...

toby was a moderator for ton... he was an EMPLOYEE... he was taking orders just as sure as those of us who work for someone else takes them... he was not writing or changing policy... to think so you would have to believe he leapfrogged joan and the rest of the management staff, and was allowed to freelance as a part time employee in a very successful business... it didn't happen...

if he acted in a way that the management of ton didn't approve of, he wouldn't have been there for the entire collapse... he would have been relieved of his duties after the first instance of not following company policy...

did the policies change after toby left, or are they still trying to justify them to this day??? that should answer the mystery of whether this was all toby's fault...

toby was turned from a contributor into a scapegoat for enforcing new company standard which management thought would "clean up" their site...

Toby2

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay. I am Toby. I created this account after I was fired from TON. Yes I was the shortest termed moderator in the history of that website, yes I was too blunt and overbearing as a moderator, yes I banned a few members myself, yes I should have been a bigger person, and yes I f!ck up. Fishingbuddy is a good website that was gonna survive after my demise...the new roll out didn't help one bit.

If anyone is pissed at me, there are many, I can only offer a deep apology, this is my apology. I am very sorry!! Please don't take my inabilities out on fishingbuddy, it is still a good website. Joan and Davis are both good people, shit, I helped hire Davis. So yes, I f5cked up a wet dream, took many many black eyes and bruises...I f&cked up and I am very sorry for it! Does that even matter, the words I say?

All I ever wanted to do is write about fishing and hunting experiences, write articles that others might find intriguing. I was never meant to be a moderator, I fell flat on my face regarding trying that one. I feel like such a criminal. I was uncertain when Vollmer contacted me regarding writing articles, I told him that there are so many that hate me and I just wanted to be quiet.

I did learn from my new friend Jim, AKA camoman26, and his son Matt...I banned Jim once and then later took him catfishing. Jim knows catfishing and I knew catfishing...the point that I want to make is that you don't truly know anyone behind a computer screen until you meet them...I have a good friend regarding Jim. It opened my eyes fully because you never know who you meet through these websites.

So yeah...I messed up, yes I had a drinking problem 3-4 years ago, I am nowhere near perfect, I didn't mean to piss off people, I am a normal human being, and yes I am going to say this: I am so fucking sorry that I had (chose) to do a job and that job is the worst time I have ever had in my life! Go ahead and kick me in the nuts some more like I haven't already experienced that. I deserve it.

I will not talk about fishingbuddy, I will not talk about Joan or Davis, I will not talk about the bullshit...all I want to do is write articles and talk some shop about guns, ammo, fishing, and maybe some catfishing! ;) All I want to do is talk about the outdoors, maybe I will write a bit about it too!

Toby

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Write the articles and let the chips fall where they may.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy crap toby, your first post here would get you banned over on FBO by what your hire Davis claims regarding profanity. Hopefully your fishing stories have a few less F bombs in them.

Relax and enjoy the site, most folks here are pretty nice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18