• Poll closed .

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
collusion-5aa1fc.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the anti's are sending out propaganda pamphlets to EVERYONE in ND that are full of lies, thatll be fun to get. Also the state is trying hard to make it look like medical is 'just around the corner' which I think is very misleading... Im a bit amazed at how much money is coming in from out of state anti 3 groups and businesses. Gotta be some collusion involved there. So far the anti groups are outspending the m3 guys over 10 to 1, and its still 50/50 in here, that says something!

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think 'concerned' parents are the problem, all parents should be concerned about their kids. The problem is when you lie to them telling them how bad all drugs are, then when they learn that one isnt, they may be more likely to believe they were lied to about everything. I dont really see that as much of an issue anymore, everyone is too connected to believe that MJ=cocaine=heroin... In the past I think this was a very real issue tho!

even in the 70s when I was growing up there was a clear distinction

the anti-mj attitude was based on using any "crutch". I also got warned a lot about booze... and relatives who were drunks were referred to with "hey - be careful - look what can happen"

maybe you guys have watched too many TV shows where parents were clueless zombies who hated all drugs and treated them all the same with their advise... but exactly zero parents I knew back then did

cut it out with the "they're just so ignorant" BS

I grew up immersed in the mj culture and tried my best to keep my kids away from it once I became a parent

Why.... because I'm so damn ignorant of the facts? No - because it's an escape - a crutch - it makes people weak whether or not you can accept it or not.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm Guy, poppy plants are already used in many legal ways, Yet weed is illegal, which is worse?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You. Is mj a gateway drug or not? The pro mj crowd wants it both ways it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm out... the zealot behavior is being played. No longer a clean, rational debate. Old wive's tales are being used to badger people who have certain positions.

Nay voters are out of touch dimwits with no clue how the real world works. Seen it a zillion times on NDA and I know when the rational debate's over.

Have fun!

See you when the votes are tallied.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You. Is mj a gateway drug or not? The pro mj crowd wants it both ways it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm out... the zealot behavior is being played. No longer a clean, rational debate. Old wive's tales are being used to badger people who have certain positions.

Nay voters are out of touch dimwits with no clue how the real world works. Seen it a zillion times on NDA and I know when the rational debate's over.

Have fun!

See you when the votes are tallied.

You'll be back , I've watched you walk away and kick your lunchbox down the road before on the hemp topic . Haha

Meanwhile you should read the lies and scare tactics that the anti M3 groups are using, That might comfort you.

Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member

Irrelevant. MJ is MJ. Booze is booze. Sniffing glue is sniffing glue. Addictive personalities are addictive personalities. Predisposed to addiction is predisposed to addiction. Prohibition proved 1 thing, Americans need a vice. Why must you choose what my options are? No one will require you or your loved ones to smoke if M3 passes. I promise.

It wins or loses by no more than 3% either way.

[video]https://gfycat.com/GleamingAdorableBlackfly[/video]

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grew up primarily in the 80s and the message I remember is ALL DRUGS ARE BAD, theyll kill you, fry your brain, ruin your life. I dont remember being taught any distinction between MJ and harder drugs. Also dont remember much talk about alcohol even being a drug, but I do remember chewing tobacco being singled out as being dangerous, mouth cancer, etc.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the antis would be more apt to support legalization(personally I favor decriminalization) if our government would allow people who make shitty personal choices to fail. If you wanna be high or drunk all day thats fine as long as you aren't hurting anyone but the fact that we give aid to people whose situation of 100% self inflicted annoys the hell out of people who are far too polite so come out and say it. This just dosen't apply to substances, you take the risk you reap the results.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the antis would be more apt to support legalization(personally I favor decriminalization) if our government would allow people who make shitty personal choices to fail. If you wanna be high or drunk all day thats fine as long as you aren't hurting anyone but the fact that we give aid to people whose situation of 100% self inflicted annoys the hell out of people who are far too polite so come out and say it. This just dosen't apply to substances, you take the risk you reap the results.

Welfare state is a whole different can o worms. People who have serious drug abuse problems normally dont let laws deter them.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Name calling. I know alot ovf people dont agree with my views and that's fine but I tried to do this in a civil manner based on my information. I have not received any pamphlets or approached by anyone for or against. I read articles and try to look at opinions of "experts" and make my own determination. I have been around it and most that I've been around have enjoyed it. Some grew up and stopped, some do it on occasion for old time sake and I've seen it used as a "gateway" to harder more addictive drugs. None of the views of guys on this site that feel that its harmless because they did/do it will sway me. You guys looking for medical use ok, but have experts look into how we can make it safe (lung damage).

Now I've stood on my soap box and made my point. Maybe I changed some views maybe not. I hope people reading this do their own research and make their own decisions.

Now I will sit back and watch as this thread self-destructs.

OUT

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i guess i am trying to fugure out why the group against measure 3 put out a phamplet that is so far from the truth it makes me wonder why they have to tell half truths to get people to vote no.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still trying to figure out why Achucker thinks this thread will self destruct and why guywhogotmadandquit. Did you guys get bad rep or nasty PMs ? Or just thin skinned ?

- - - Updated - - -

Riverview, I haven't saw it yet but half truths are a tactics used by politicians every day so it's not a shocker.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Name calling. I know alot ovf people dont agree with my views and that's fine but I tried to do this in a civil manner based on my information. I have not received any pamphlets or approached by anyone for or against. I read articles and try to look at opinions of "experts" and make my own determination. I have been around it and most that I've been around have enjoyed it. Some grew up and stopped, some do it on occasion for old time sake and I've seen it used as a "gateway" to harder more addictive drugs. None of the views of guys on this site that feel that its harmless because they did/do it will sway me. You guys looking for medical use ok, but have experts look into how we can make it safe (lung damage).

Now I've stood on my soap box and made my point. Maybe I changed some views maybe not. I hope people reading this do their own research and make their own decisions.

Now I will sit back and watch as this thread self-destructs.

OUT

Edibles, CBD oils etc. It doesn't have to be smoked. Oh and all medications have side effects, you've heard the commercials where they list 20 side effects including death for the drug right, nothing is truly safe for everyone. You also cant really OD on it unlike hundreds of over the counter and prescription meds we already use.

Although it may look like it this thread, I'm not a weed guy. Never have been never will be. I also don't think its the boogieman or a cure all to everything. It does have its uses though and for me the straw that broke the camels back and the reason i will be voting yes is 2 fold.
1.) Raiding health clinics for CBD oil that contains no TCH.
2.) State Leaders road blocking medical MJ that was passed overwhelmingly 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I'll be voting no for a number of reasons, most of which are from experiences throughout my life.

Every person that I grew up with that still smokes the lettuce is not in a good place these days.

The expungement is garbage, if I got a ticket going 48mph in a 40mph zone, and 6 months later they change it to a 50mph zone, should I get that violation wiped from my record? You knowingly broke the law, just because they change the law later on does not change the fact that you broke it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
He would not have to sell his handgun but may be turned down for his conceal carry but not sure on that if its ND permit. As far as buying guns in the future he would either have to answer yes 11 e on form 4473 or take the risk of becoming a felon. A yes answer you will not be allowed to by a gun and a no answer you just committed a crime. Your buddy could still by guns from a private citizen without the form 4473.

" Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or an other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

A yes vote on 3 will do absolutely nothing to change this.

A buddy has a qualifying condition for medical MJ in ND but also owns a handgun for home defense, conceal carry, and target practice. Our understanding is that if he were to get a medical MJ card he would likely have to either sell his handgun or turn it in to the authorities. He would also not be able to purchase firearms in the future should he desire.

This should be an easy Yea! for all.

How has MJ negatively/directly impacted your life?
How has alcohol negatively/directly impacted your life?

This is so stupid....

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes you could say that alcohol is no different. And look at all the problems that has caused. All the families destroyed people killed in car wrecks. The list goes on. I'm not saying the same result will happen with weed and I acknowledge that it was the person that drank and not the booze. What I am saying that most people have addictive behaviors and this would make one more thing ok/legal
. Why stop here. Make all opioids legal without a prescription and let people use them "responsibly". After all it's our right.

I agree with you. I'm not sure why we would want to legalize it. It's just one more vice that will cause problems. There really is no good that comes from smoking it (other than for medical reasons, some might argue). It may be better than alcohol as far as problems go but that really is a stupid argument. It's the lesser of two evils.

One of the big issues I have with legalizing it is the message it sends to so many people. We as a society have been battling so many public health issues such as smoking, alcoholism, impaired driving, gambling addiction, etc. Now we say we are going to make pot legal just so people can get high. It really doesn't make sense.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
" Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or an other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside."

A yes vote on 3 will do absolutely nothing to change this.

Just think if the Feds started piss testing for every gun purchase in states where rec weed was legal. Wonder how many people who think welfare recipients should be drug tested would eat crow on that deal??

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a luncheon today in which Measure 3 was discussed. 2 interesting tidbits... Workplace tardiness is up in states and countries that have recreational use permitted and workplace injuries are also up. I can only state these as "fact" brought up in the luncheon.

Measure 3 also reverses previous state laws that are contrary to what Measure 3 wants (ie: will potentially be legal to smoke MJ in bars but not cigarettes) as it clearly states that it will supercede all laws previous that are contrary to the language in this measure.

Still a NO for me.

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have no issue with legalizing pot as a whole I know way more people who are ass holes when they are drinking then I know who are ass holes when they are stoned. If its setup correctly I got no issues.

Remember when the state was all about taking care of property taxes when measure 2 was hot and gaining popularity and they said they will help to lower property taxes? Mine were lowered and now are higher than hell again so I say vote how you want but I dont trust the legislature to do anything on their own.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 17