Trey Lance

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For some, monies, fame, a signature on a jersey is the basics for support.

For Me:
Trey was looking for a vehicle to show his talents and NDSU became that vehicle. The goal of an education was not part of the agenda. He used NDSU until he got that showcase, quit and with that showed little respect to our state college, its football program and our state. His action showed a lack of understanding and maturity.

50 years ago i was given a M-16, some training, a crew of 12 along with a 175mm cannon. I spent a solid ten months in the brush of the highlands of SE Asia. I did what the army trained me to do. I seen the killing and the hell of war on both sides. The killing of the innocent and the children. I was a part of all of that.
On a number of occasions after a mission i would open a beer. My pothead buddies would light up a joint. And then the question was asked, wonder who we blew up tonight in that mission. Then the question would always come as to why. It is a question i still wonder today. For now, it is important that i find that answer one day.

But i feel lucky in that i served and fought for this country. Many have not had that chance. I was a soldier doing what soldiers do during war.

But i do know i did not do this so Lance can take the action he took and his complete lack of respect to our country. He has no understanding of what i am talking about as it appear others do not either.
I will tell my grandkids as the why they should not look up to this person and his actions.
He and others like him are garbage to me.
Marshall MN, you have a winner and for me you can keep him. SF you now got him and i am sure he will replace that last pile of shit you had. You have a stud who made it big time with the help of NDSU and then showed his feeling about that help. NDSU meant little other than to be used as a vehicle. My service and others means nothing to him and i doubt if it will every will.

For him it is about the monies and the fame that comes and the pat on the back from a number of people on this site.
Now one know how i really stand. DB-2.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is anyone reading this thread associated with the NFL or NDSU? I doubt it. After that huge win in Brookings in 2019 we were on the field after the game and asked Trey for a picture with our boys. He said yes and kept getting pulled in 5 different directions. We understood and just kind of hung around in the same spot. 15 to 20 minutes later guess who came walking back to take a picture? He took a few pictures and shook everyone's hand. For just the few minutes we spent with him I could tell he was the kind of human I wanted my kids to look up to. That same day we asked a former Bison "Great" for a picture with the boys and I immediately got the "are you feking kidding me look".

High School kids get to pick the college they go to. Why would they pick a college with a fanbase that will roast them and not like them for things they care about or like. It doesn't matter what the subject is (BLM, hunting, Milking cows,etc.). I have been a Bison fan since I was a young boy when my uncle went to NDSU. I for one like that I can have 1 sports team that I can cheer for and be proud of, as we are also Vikings fans ;:;banghead. The point is he's not your kid so who gives a rats a$$ what you think of him. I guarantee that Trey Lance has made and will continue to make NDSU more money than NDSU has lost from said donors/sponsors. He's set to make $50M in his first NFL contract. We have been hugely spoiled as Bison fans for the level of QBs that we have had the joy to watch and help win national championships over the last 10 years. Good luck Trey and I bet you're glad you didn't get drafted by the God D@#& JETS!

He was at herd and horns the other week ago before a game. He stopped any everyones table that paid attention to him. Especially the kids. The wifeys got a pic with him. Of course he had to listen to my drunk advice --- walk on MN Vikings. He is vikes fan but as you can see he didnt listen to me. He was polite and he didnt have a mask on. I dont like the 9ers but everytime they introduce the QB and he says NDSU its a ching for the college.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
The comments about him not being a team player, wow..just wow.
some people I tell you what ��. Most college players opted out to play the 2020 year. Not Trey. He played the one game they had. Didn’t have to, risked getting hurt and losing out on millions of dollars for his family.
”bUt IT’s nOt aBoUt tHe mOnEY!”. No, but would you pass up on 34 million dollars?
once a bison, always a bison!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The comments about him not being a team player, wow..just wow.
some people I tell you what . Most college players opted out to play the 2020 year. Not Trey. He played the one game they had. Didn’t have to, risked getting hurt and losing out on millions of dollars for his family.
”bUt IT’s nOt aBoUt tHe mOnEY!”. No, but would you pass up on 34 million dollars?
once a bison, always a bison!

That was a showcase game for him. The team didn’t need to play one fall game...

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing about going to SF, if you suck you can always kneel and still be embraced while still making a killing afterwards.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Won’t have to worry after he’s traded to some other team after the backup wins the Super Bowl. Every one will have forgotten about him.

Happycamper

Honored Member
Thank you db-2 for your service and your views. Few millenials know or care about the price of freedom or what patriots like you were required to do to preserve it.
God Bless you Brother.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Happycamper:

Thanks for the kind words and the other comments on here.
Not sure if what we did in Vietnam was preserve freedom as it has been 50 years and i believe Vietnam has not been a threat to us and will probably never be. Its just we lost in a conflict that was not to be won.

I watch all the games today and in every game his name came up and what a great player he is. And yes that may be so when it comes to his athletic skills. However no one mention Trey as a person or the others that help him look good.

As i stated he used NDSU football program that they they built up to showcase his skills with the intend to leave as soon as he received all the pats on his back. Never once was the thought to stay on with some kind of loyalty to the school that showcase his skills. It was all about him. And then he took the time to sign his name to some stuff and that makes him one hell of a person on and off the field.

No he is a punk, lacking maturity kid and I doubt if he will every understand what 1000s have done including giving their life for a dream that started at the beginning of this country. Most of us had no desire to be there and for the 58000 some who die, they and their families are still wondering why, for what.
For now I can only say we were soldiers who answer the call and stay to the end.

But again thanks for the words as they meant a lot to me and in time maybe i will understand why what happen back then.
And i do know i am the lucky one to have serve, been part of death and fought for this country. No thanks needed for that honor.
Maybe Trey can come on here and give me some answers. db

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Doesn't every kid that goes to collage, use it for a stepping stone to get to the big league. I dont care if it Football, Baseball or what ever. And for the most part the collages go after the players with scholarship's.

For people to come on here and trash talk him is wrong. Its a 20 yr old kid and is following up with what he see's. I dont think its right but I still wont fault the kid.

db I can say a lot about the respect you get and want. So why not give other people some respect for what they do, even thou you dont approve of what they do and say.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happycamper:

Thanks for the kind words and the other comments on here.
Not sure if what we did in Vietnam was preserve freedom as it has been 50 years and i believe Vietnam has not been a threat to us and will probably never be. Its just we lost in a conflict that was not to be won.

I watch all the games today and in every game his name came up and what a great player he is. And yes that may be so when it comes to his athletic skills. However no one mention Trey as a person or the others that help him look good.

As i stated he used NDSU football program that they they built up to showcase his skills with the intend to leave as soon as he received all the pats on his back. Never once was the thought to stay on with some kind of loyalty to the school that showcase his skills. It was all about him. And then he took the time to sign his name to some stuff and that makes him one hell of a person on and off the field.

No he is a punk, lacking maturity kid and I doubt if he will every understand what 1000s have done including giving their life for a dream that started at the beginning of this country. Most of us had no desire to be there and for the 58000 some who die, they and their families are still wondering why, for what.
For now I can only say we were soldiers who answer the call and stay to the end.

But again thanks for the words as they meant a lot to me and in time maybe i will understand why what happen back then.
And i do know i am the lucky one to have serve, been part of death and fought for this country. No thanks needed for that honor.
Maybe Trey can come on here and give me some answers. db
You're entitled to your opinion but you don't have a clue about this young man. He's thankful for NDSU, his coaches and teammates and all of the opportunities he's been given. He's a 20 year old college kid with athletic and personal skills very few possess and that's why he is getting the opportunities he is and not many people would or should turn those down. No he didn't go off to war for his country, very few have and we are incredibly indebted to those that have but that does not mean those that haven't are below you or anyone else. He stands up for what he believes in whether someone else likes it or not just as we all should. Even if I do not always agree with someone who has a different point of view I can respect that. With maturity usually comes greater understanding but apparently not in all cases.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a showcase game for him. The team didn’t need to play one fall game...
No it wasn't, that was the spin the media put out there. In order to get the desired practice time the coaches wanted with the team they needed to schedule at least one game per NCAA rules. There were quite a few seniors on the team that wanted to play one more game as well and did not return for this spring season for several reasons. It was more a less a farewell game for the seniors that would not be returning. Most boosters I know wanted the AD to schedule as many games as they could last fall and opt out of this spring season but they just couldn't find any more games without taking more financial burdens.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Most of the NFL experts are saying that he got drafted this high because of how mature and intelligent he is. He was definitely getting drafted at some point in the draft because of his physical abilities but they are saying he got drafted 3rd overall because they were blown away by how mature he was.

Why are people ok with trashing a young kid that they don't even know??

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Idolization of any person escapes me.

I also hold that philosophy and am often surprised at how many people don't get it.

I may not appreciate the whole BLM thing, the kneeling, etc. But at the same time, if I only had friends who I agreed with 100% of the time, I'd have no friends at all.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the NFL experts are saying that he got drafted this high because of how mature and intelligent he is. He was definitely getting drafted at some point in the draft because of his physical abilities but they are saying he got drafted 3rd overall because they were blown away by how mature he was.

Why are people ok with trashing a young kid that they don't even know??

because he is a public figure. It’s no different than kapernick or lebron. It’s the price you pay to make the big bucks. This is minimal compared to if he sucks once football starts.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
It amazes me about the ignorance and arrogance of people. Individuals that dislike kneeling to the extreme are the most clueless about why some individuals choose to do this. I would have to say that is to almost everyone on this thread. I have not written anything on this site in a long time, I just had to air it out there how completely moronic most of you sound.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
My opinion is when you have the health and ability to go in the first round, let alone top 5-10, you don't pass that life-changing opportunity up. You're easily gambling a once in a lifetime financial future especially at such a vulnerable injury-prone position. After his freshman stats, he could have and probably would have gone backwards from perfection.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Few millenials know or care about the price of freedom or what patriots like you were required to do to preserve it.

It must’ve been the evil millennial seeds within the hundreds of thousands of people screaming “baby killer” after Vietnam. Or just the presence of the millennials still in diapers that drove people to bash soldiers returning from Desert Storm. If only we didn’t have millennials, we could finally have respect for our military - it’s clear the disrespect can be tracer directly back to millennials. A generation can only be as good as the generation that raised them. Blaming the world’s problems on millennials is getting old. Look in the mirror.

If you want to blame Trey for being a reflection of his generation, it’s Gen Z you’re looking for. Millennials are now raising kids and trying to pay off school debt from a system designed by and deemed a requirement by……… their boomer parents and teachers. Decisions that were forced into millennials’ heads LONG before they were mature enough to make any decisions on their own.

And don’t for a second accuse me or any of my peers for not respecting our military. You can take that shit somewhere else.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88