Kenmare/16
Linton/20.........* no parochial school in region*
New Town / 12

https://ndhsaanow.com/champions/basketball-boys

Last edited:

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I assume you didn't think about all the small towns with junior gold teams that could play High school hockey in a 2 division system?
I think those schools would play high school now if they really wanted to. Not sure a two class system is why they don’t field a high school team

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen, I agree with you that the education is more superb at Shiloh over most public school systems. If I lived in the big city, I would consider sending my kids there. But if you are going to argue that "said school" doesn't "recruit" talent, you need to stop drinking from the water cooler. I could name drop multiple student athletes than were directly given "compensation" for playing sports. And that information came directly from those students.

Wasn't too many years ago that a player by the name of Bartholomew Ogbu showed up for school at Shiloh. He didn't do too much to benefit their athletic program at all. Also, he lived with the head coach Brad Miller.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there needs to be 3 classes. There are 4 divisions in football, nut sure why we think 2 is enough for basketball.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
private school: a school supported by a private organization or private individuals rather than by the government.
Yes. Trinity is a private school

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because it is Catholic does not mean it is Private. It has an open enrollment anyone can go there if you pay tuition.
Trinity High School is a Roman Catholic high school located in Dickinson, North Dakota. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bismarck. It currently serves about 253 students and is a part of the Trinity Catholic Schools system. Wikipedia

Address: 810 Empire Rd, Dickinson, ND 58601

Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 4PM

Phone: (701) 483-6081

Founded: 1961
Mascot: Titan
Enrollment: 253 in grades 7-12 (2013)
Colors: White, Red
School types: High school, Independent school, Co-education, Private school
Average class size: 26 - 50
Chaplain: Rev. Christian Smith

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have to pay it’s a private school.
Trinity tuition costs for 2022-2023:
Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 3.08.00 PM.png

dank

What is your suggestion to more accurately place private schools?

Enrollment is not the only thing that matters in this conversation. I find it hard to argue that the lowest class of ND athletics is the appropriate place for kids that are either a) affluent and have access to resources that your average class b kid couldn't dream of or b) hand picked because of their talents. While I can empathize with your fear that you may become a little fish in a big pond, there are bigger issues across the rural parts of the state where athletics are becoming difficult to sustain without creating massive coops, leading to larger districts, more costs, and ultimately less opportunity. I don't suspect the governing entities at the states private schools really give a hoot about those issues. So, excuse me if I find the argument that private schools are "just like everyone else" because they are of similar enrollment is laughable.

Why should priviate schools have to play "A" at a minimum?
And if you respond because they recruit, you are terribly wrong. The butt hurt you peeps feel for the collasal failure of public schools, both academically and atheltically, is revealing.
Ever consider maybe some parents want their kids to go to a private christain school is because the kids are educated academically, physically (sports) and SPITITUALLY, just maybe that might be a reason to send your kid to a christian school? We need more of that thought process not less.
And I am very familiar with St Marys in Bismarck, I assure you they have lost lots "athletes" to the public system and not once has a public system "athelete" been recruited to play at St Marys, at least in recent times going back approximately 10 years, St Marys is on the losing end of that battle
The public schools in bismarck continue to recruit kids, its harder now with legacy in the mix, which is why BHS sucks now in FB and most other sports, Century and Legacy get the "athletes" and thats why Century has started "winning" everything, and hence the bitching about losing.
I know of multiple parents who have pulled their kids out of the public system and have went the home school way also, mostly because of the woke left
examples would be furries in school, dudes who think they are gals, and on and on and on
If you want to discriminate against christian schools then fine, but dont make me pay twice, once in taxes to support a failed public school system and their woke philosoph and then pay tuition for private school also

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This whole thing is going to come down to a political pissing match of small schools wanting private to be out of the bottom classes as they should be, and the privates threatening lawsuits if that’s forced upon them. My guess is things will stay the same as they are.

It’s my understanding that they plan to add a multiplier to the schools with open enrolled kids. So all the private kids will count X2 since they are all “open enrolled” meaning they can come from anywhere as the schools have no boundaries.

Last edited:

That guy

Honored Member
The private and and feeder schools like kindred, tompson and such should not be at the bottom with the b schools but in the middle as proposed.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
This whole thing is going to come down to a political pissing match of small schools wanting private to be out of the bottom classes as they should be, and the privates threatening lawsuits if that’s forced upon them. My guess is things will stay the same as they are.

It’s my understanding that they plan to add a multiplier to the schools with open enrolled kids. So all the private kids will count X2 since they are all “open enrolled” meaning they can come from anywhere as the schools have no boundaries.

I don't know if 2 is the right multiplier, but the advantages private school kids enjoy is something I absolutely recognize. I'm probably more in the 1.3 to 1.5 range though to start, and adjust down the road if needed. There are some advantages in being a farm kid who is maybe a better-rounded athlete that should also be considered.

I don't know just how well the private schools would embrace this concept, but in the grand scheme of things they don't have the numbers to block it. Legally, I guess I will punt on that aspect because I don't have any idea how successful, or even what grounds, they would be able to contest a NDHSAA rule change.

★ Legendary Member
How would they create regions for the class b and class c towns? there will be an increase in travel distance to play the games, costs, etc.... I am from a class b school and completely understand some of the frustration people have. I wonder how people are going to handle longer distances to travel for games being played during the week? When I was in high school trinity had districts and regionals at their home gym. If you wanna talk about easy things to fix to remove an unfair advantage not being able to play tournament games in your home gym would be an easy fix. There is a lot more to this then just W/L.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would they create regions for the class b and class c towns? there will be an increase in travel distance to play the games, costs, etc.... I am from a class b school and completely understand some of the frustration people have. I wonder how people are going to handle longer distances to travel for games being played during the week? When I was in high school trinity had districts and regionals at their home gym. If you wanna talk about easy things to fix to remove an unfair advantage not being able to play tournament games in your home gym would be an easy fix. There is a lot more to this then just W/L.
Yep this is an issue nobody thinks about, much more travel for the lower classes as you will have fewer teams near you. The middle class would likely be traveling all over the state during regular season.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11