For you bird guys, What kind of Hawk is this???

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
An experienced birder is something i hope i never become, and not because birds arent cool (nature is neat) but that it would indicate my life has become pretty dull.

When I was a BB gun kid all my specie identification was done while the subject was very close and easily viewed by all angles.:;:smokin

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was a BB gun kid all my specie identification was done while the subject was very close and easily viewed by all angles.:;:smokin

I too was keenly interested in ornithological taxonomy and found the bb gun most useful for my studies

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love watching raptors people that bitch about them killing a pheasant or two are dumb. I have recently had a great horned owl decide the top of my house is a great perch i can hear him ho ho at night it is cool. Reminds me of Bernie the owl

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
An experienced birder is something i hope i never become, and not because birds arent cool (nature is neat) but that it would indicate my life has become pretty dull.

I have become a bird watcher in the backyard. I have a lot of flying oranges (baltimore orioles) that stay in my yard. They are jelly eating machines. They also can be very wary of people they dont know but once they get used to a person they will fly right in when filling there jelly dish. I think birding watching with great optics, a stiff drink, and acid is great fun!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have become a bird watcher in the backyard. I have a lot of flying oranges (baltimore orioles) that stay in my yard. They are jelly eating machines. They also can be very wary of people they dont know but once they get used to a person they will fly right in when filling there jelly dish. I think birding watching with great optics, a stiff drink, and acid is great fun!

Yeah, but what isn't fun with hallucinogens and booze?

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
i bet the ladies flock to you when you use that one eh?

- - - Updated - - -

see what i did there? Flock?? hehe

Yeah, they sure don't. That's never been a real strong game of mine.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love watching raptors people that bitch about them killing a pheasant or two are dumb. I have recently had a great horned owl decide the top of my house is a great perch i can hear him ho ho at night it is cool. Reminds me of Bernie the owl

Great horned owls generally make a "who-who" sound.

You are likely confusing them with the "ho-ho" sound made by the fascinating double-breasted mattress thrasher, they are very active during the night also, and have been known to attack multiple cocks after the sun goes down. :;:smokin

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sadly me too. Not real proud of it and wish I could go back and shake that kid.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite raptor is the kestrel. Cool little bastard.

th

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
no shame here - with the exception of frogs - lots of frogs met there demise with firecrackers, etc.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great horned owls generally make a "who-who" sound.

You are likely confusing them with the "ho-ho" sound made by the fascinating double-breasted mattress thrasher, they are very active during the night also, and have been known to attack multiple cocks after the sun goes down. :;:smokin

pre marriage i would concur with the double breasted mattress thrasher but i can confirm for a fact it was in deed a who- who sound i did hear

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much as I now enjoy identifying, feeding and observing it does cause me a bit of guilt. It actually served well teaching the boy the difference between killing and hunting. I'll be fine.

Penis.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
lmao. Heard of Bubbles, never watched the show.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82